PDA

View Full Version : WORK EXPERIENCE +2 REP

Madox
07-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Can anyone tell me the best place for work experince? Like in the bussiness department or even retail i dont mind some girl said she working for a flower company and shes getting payed 5.60 Ph could dis be true? if so anyone gt any names of company which do pay thanks +2rep up for grabs

PaulMacC
07-01-2009, 04:15 PM
I went to a local shop, got £20 at the end of it even though they arent meant to pay ya.

Moh
07-01-2009, 04:16 PM
If you want it easy, then go to a school :)

e5
07-01-2009, 04:17 PM
you only have 1 rep power thoo

and I'd say school is easy, but they won't pay you..

Kardan
07-01-2009, 04:19 PM
I never got paid for my work experience.

Nixt
07-01-2009, 04:19 PM
I went to Bristol Crown Court and got to sit in on loads of court cases and look at files of what's going on that normal members of the public didn't have access to. It was great fun.

Soy
07-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Maybe she's just lieng, I doubt they would pay you when they can get you to do it for free..

Really go ANYWHERE I went to a local shop, I had a great time working with others. To be honest there wasn't much to do anywhere else. PLUS I now have a minimum wage weekend job at the place I did work experience

Madox
07-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks people she porbally is lieing she has a bad rep for it Lol she gt caught out doing suming she dined wid video footage but nt gonna into it

BeanEgg
07-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I had a choice of 3, HSBC, Barclays and an Estate Agent.

I chose HSBC, had to wear a suit though, but all was fun. ;)
To answer your question, some people actually get paid, but it's extremely rare, but I've never heard someone get paid per an hour in work experience. o.O

Alkaz
07-01-2009, 04:55 PM
You dont normally get paid but if you do then your lucky, I went to my local council, was really good and a planning application, i accidently put it on the top of the pile :D

The Undertaker
07-01-2009, 05:19 PM
go to your old primary school if you want it easy.
I worked for a performin arts college, really bad. They stuck me in the office doing admin all day :(

Yoshimitsui
07-01-2009, 05:23 PM
You are best picking somewhere that is interesting to you, not specificly easy! Alot of places you will find a bore if you don't seek out what you like doing. And i got paid £200 for two weeks!

MissAlice
07-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Can anyone tell me the best place for work experince? Like in the bussiness department or even retail i dont mind some girl said she working for a flower company and shes getting payed 5.60 Ph could dis be true? if so anyone gt any names of company which do pay thanks +2rep up for grabs

My school had a register of companies/businesses etc. who were prepared to take students for work experience, so you should firstly check whether your school has one. You really should look for a placement that's of benefit to your future career if possible, and not one that may offer a one time only financial incentive. Who knows, if it goes really well, you may be rewarded anyway or even offered part time work. So my advice is be choosy!

PriceTags
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm going to my old primary school, because teaching is the profession I want to go into.

Where abouts in the country are you?

11-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Don't go to a supermarket cause you'll probably be stuck stacking shelves for most of the day

I'm going to scotrail (train company)

StripedTiger
11-01-2009, 08:27 PM
some places pay but very very very few.

for my work experience i went to a primary school. Done group work, photocopying, laminating, displays n stuff. I enjoyed it loads but work experience should REALLY be related to your intended career or favourite subject.

Mine was useful to me because i want to be a teacher. It wouldnt be as helpful if you wanted to go into business

kuzkasate
11-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Doctor thing or w.e its called :D

--ss--
11-01-2009, 08:33 PM
It is illegal to pay students during work expierence. You may get a cash gift at the end but it cannot be counted as pay.
I worked in a soliciters office doing things such as answering the phone, answering the door, collecting DX, doing the mail, getting coffee, cleaning and alot of other stuff, all I got given was a box of choclates and a can of drink :(. Was fun though.

Galactica
15-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Hmm Buisness like banks are usually quite good. - Good work.

Technologic
16-01-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm doing a week at my dad's hospital and a week at a vets, also may get another at the royal vetinery college (aunt is a professor there)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!