PDA

View Full Version : Question about Guitar Hero

Urnuph
09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Well i've played guitar hero a few times at my mates and really like it. But.. What I want to know is, im not really that experienced with it atm,

What would be the best to buy? I was thinking Guitar Hero III as World Tour is like £150 and you have to get all the equipment that I probably won't even use.

So, would I be better buying Guitar Hero III just to play by myself or with another person if somebody is round?

+ One final question, do people even still play Guitar Hero 3? I don't really want to buy it if nobody even plays it anymore (nobody to play online with.)

Loser
09-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I don't think most people would spend £150+ on another guitar hero based game (I know I wouldn't), so people will still be using Guitar Hero III.

dogboy123
09-01-2009, 09:47 PM
This happened to me this Xmas.

Basically, what I did, was I got Guitar Hero III, with a guitar first.
Then, I bought Guitar Hero World Tour, with another guitar, so if ur mates come around, you've got 2 guitars, and if you have an xbox mic, that can be used as a microphone.

If you want to be playing it with ur mates, I suggest buying another guitar game, that has a guitar compatible for Guitar Hero World Tour (RB2), so then, you bcan have 2 guitars, Guitar Hero World Tour, and another guitar game, so you can swap between them ( if you like other songs better than others)

:)

Kardan
09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
People will still play GH3, of course, if you get bored you can just buy the GH:WT game on it's own, like I did - and use your GH3 guitar with it :)

drumrolllll
09-01-2009, 09:58 PM
imo gh3 is the best in the gh series, setlist is great and you ar always matched online within 20 seconds max. get 3 i'd say. world tour is good but 3 > wt

Urnuph
09-01-2009, 10:31 PM
thanks guys, im probably gonna go for GH3 and good idea Kardan thanks for that pal. i'd only want to be probably playing it with one person at a time; i hate having like more than two people with me on the xbox anyway but good idea anyway thanks dogboy.

cocaine
09-01-2009, 10:34 PM
i have both
i play world tour more than i play GH3

drumrolllll
09-01-2009, 10:34 PM
if you did do what kardan said you can use your xbox mic as a microphone if you wanted to do the singing lol

Josh-H
09-01-2009, 10:37 PM
If you're going to get a band game, get Rock Band instead of Guitar Hero World Tour. I own both, GH WT is terrible and Rock Band 2 is superb. Ask anyone who owns both, they'll say the same.

Urnuph
09-01-2009, 10:55 PM
i dont really want a band game, just something i can play with like one person.

drumrolllll
09-01-2009, 10:57 PM
If you're going to get a band game, get Rock Band instead of Guitar Hero World Tour. I own both, GH WT is terrible and Rock Band 2 is superb. Ask anyone who owns both, they'll say the same.
i own both and i don't agree. rock band 2 is good but i do prefer world tour. in rock band you have to play the same songs over and over to progress whereas in world tour you don't. they're both brilliant still but yeahh.

Kardan
09-01-2009, 11:03 PM
i own both and i don't agree. rock band 2 is good but i do prefer world tour. in rock band you have to play the same songs over and over to progress whereas in world tour you don't. they're both brilliant still but yeahh.

World Tour you do? I had to play the same boring songs over and over again, it got so repetitive :(
On RB2, you can do all the guitar songs, then you can carry on but do them all on bass/drums/vocals, so you don't have to repeat the songs :P

RB2 is way better.

j4k3
09-01-2009, 11:06 PM
i prefer world tour just a tiny bit more

Josh-H
09-01-2009, 11:13 PM
If you want a game for guitar only, get GH3.

For drums + guitar + mic then get RB/RB2

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!