PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or....?

Zak
11-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Ok I have wondered about this a long time, a lot of my friends used to own Nintendo 64s..

Then the Ps1 came out and Nintendo had a bit of competition, which nintendo fans didn't like. There was like a social divide one side had N64s and the other Ps1s.

So Nintendo releases the Wii, and the Ps3 comes out. Nintendo fans have gotten older since then and choose the Xbox 360 and blame Sony for putting down Nintendo. Playstation fans stick with the playstation..

I always get annoyed with what's the best console and tbh i dont care there all good.

But is it me or do all old Nintendo fans hate Playstation because they feel that it destroyed Nintendo and now choose the Xbox instead?

PaulMacC
11-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Up until N64/Gamecube Nintendo was directed at hardcore gamers, mainly anyway.
They've destroyed it with the Wii, it's all about family so I bought a 360. Nintendo had a deal with Sony to make an N64 add-on which the deal never went through and became the PS1 really, so it was Nintendo's fault, they basically created the PS1. I just dont like the PS3 as I see no games I like in it. Microsoft have stolen Nintendo's hardcore gamers, most of my friends used to love N64/Gamecube but all never play their Wii's and they always play 360 now.

Jam
11-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I just bought anything TBH: SEGA Megadrive > PS1 > PS2 > GameCube > Wii > 360 > PS3.

I never really heard of Xbox's during their lifetime, like all my friends would have PS2's and I don't think anyone was old enough to have owned a N64 @ that time.

But I do agree with PaulMacC that the Wii screwed everything up. GC had a great variety of games without being the PS2 in the fact that it has games that have just been churned out, whereas the GC still kept its major franchise's (of which focused on alot, and I think without them it would have failed even more than it did) and only decent 3rd party games were made for it.

Whereas now the Wii is the PS2 in the fact they'll manufacture anything at all, no longer focusing on their own games. I mean, sure they've still released a few 1st/2nd party games, but with all this motion sensor jargon, all the games that were important to Nintendo are now screwed up with a free gimmick.

[/Wii=Crap_rant_over]

Fez
11-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Evidence A)

http://217.199.176.105/popcorn/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/Action%20Girlz%20Racing%20(Nintendo%20Wii%20Game). jpg

Evidence B)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/Link's_Crossbow_Training.jpg

j4k3
12-01-2009, 07:22 PM
cooking mama

gameover

muckytears
12-01-2009, 07:35 PM
tbh ive never noticed this. i started with ps1/ps2, then i got 360 for christmas and never thought twice about playing other console lol. even when i go to my friends house i play on there ps3s/wiis and really couldnt care less lol

Jibbish
12-01-2009, 08:04 PM
cooking mama

gameover
**** cooking mama is awesome.

Zak
13-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah I do agree Wii is very family orientated plus the games they are now releasing on the Wii are terrible.

Southe,
13-01-2009, 02:42 PM
i am a fan of both ninty and sony but nintendo have annoyed me quite alot recently.

1. Not letting me use my freeloader
2. Releasing nothing but kid games or party games ect
3. Ds is full of mini games, help games ect.

So there doing it to themselfs imo

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!