PDA

View Full Version : should i be worried?

Sarah
12-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Uhm, i bought this laptop a few weeks ago and I've just noticed that it didn't come with a recovery disk thingy. Its a HP laptop.. and i got this thing on my computer called HP_RECOVERY(D: ) is that the recovery thing? theres a file and when i open it it says something like HP recovery partition?
+rep to anyone that helps or trys..

Ardemax
12-01-2009, 06:52 AM
I'm pretty sure that would be it, and you're sure it didn't come with a disk?
Well, not all computers and laptops need disks and sometimes it's already on there.
So don't worry, that's it, and only have the slight bit of worry when you need to recover, just post on here again, someone will answer it lol.

Jordy
12-01-2009, 06:58 AM
Might be a silly question but have you checked in the disk tray of your laptop to see if the disk is in there?

Sarah
12-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Might be a silly question but have you checked in the disk tray of your laptop to see if the disk is in there?

lol! That's what I thought at first but not a disk in there.

Chippiewill
12-01-2009, 09:18 AM
If you press F8 or something it'll boot up the recovery partition. You can then recover it to a factory state or back up your files. (I think). It usually has something that looks similar to Windows. It is possible at the beginning of the boot that it will tell you what to press, if not you can probably google it.

Luke
12-01-2009, 04:14 PM
i haev this on my HP laptop

go to start, and find like HP or something folder, and there should be "HP Recovery CD/DVD Creator".

Or you can buy a ready made one for around £10

Robbie
12-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Its the recovery partition. Reboot and you should see what button you have to press on P.O.S.T to get in it.

mike475
12-01-2009, 04:50 PM
HP laptops dont come with recovery discs (I have a HP - had to make my own discs).

Its in Start > All Programmes > Recovery Manager > Recovery Disc Creation

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!