PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi and coke (Discussion)

Richie
13-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Hey guys,
Personaly i feel pepsi is not coke pepsi is pepsi i done some research on this and pepsi has got cola in it so does coke but it kinda annoys me when people call pepsi Coke when it is not!

even if you google it you will find nothing saying that pepsi is coke it will say it is cola.

let me know what are your views on this and tell me do you agree is pepsi coke or is pepsi pepsi

Jord
13-01-2009, 07:50 AM
I didnt understand any of that

Mathew
13-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Pepsi is a brand, and Coke is a brand.
Cola is the ingredient that gives it the taste.

I've never heard anyone say Pepsi Coke anyway... thats clashing two brands together and saying "Asda Tesco".

Minstrels
13-01-2009, 08:10 AM
I didnt understand any of that
He's getting vexed over Pepsi being called Coke.

It's got Cola in it so don't get so wound up over a drink... :S
And hardly anyone calls it Coke...

mangle
13-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Isn't it Pepsi Cola if you're going to call it anything?

Apprently in 1980something Pepsi had ten people drink a bottle of coke with a Pepsi logo on it and a bottle of Pepsi with a coke lable on it and more people enjoyed the coke labelled drink (Pepsi) When it was reversed more people enjoyed the Coke labelled drink again (Coke this time)

Wayne
13-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Isn't it Pepsi Cola if you're going to call it anything?

Apprently in 1980something Pepsi had ten people drink a bottle of coke with a Pepsi logo on it and a bottle of Pepsi with a coke lable on it and more people enjoyed the coke labelled drink (Pepsi) When it was reversed more people enjoyed the Coke labelled drink again (Coke this time)

Yeah, that's true. I saw a video about that in Business.

mangle
13-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Ah in that case my mate was right! :P

Andeeh
13-01-2009, 03:58 PM
No-one ever calls it that?

Abbie.
13-01-2009, 04:01 PM
omw see in pizzahut, im like yea coke please
and the persons like we dont have coke, we have pepsi, and im like yeah thats the same thing..

MrGazet
13-01-2009, 04:15 PM
yeah my sis does dat all the time

if she wants a coke and theres no coke
ill buy her pepsi coz its still cola.

Richie
13-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Pepsi is a brand, and Coke is a brand.
Cola is the ingredient that gives it the taste.

I've never heard anyone say Pepsi Coke anyway... thats clashing two brands together and saying "Asda Tesco".

theres acctualy a thread in this food and drink section saying what is you favorite coke and it says pepsi in it even tho pepsi is not coke

e5
13-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Both. Why comprimise for just one?!

Casual
13-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Hey guys,
Personaly i feel pepsi is not coke pepsi is pepsi i done some research on this and pepsi has got cola in it so does coke but it kinda annoys me when people call pepsi Coke when it is not!

even if you google it you will find nothing saying that pepsi is coke it will say it is cola.

let me know what are your views on this and tell me do you agree is pepsi coke or is pepsi pepsi

oh no the world is going to end with people calling pepsi coke and coke pepsi.. its a drink that taste basically the same :S

Melsia
13-01-2009, 05:34 PM
If people know what you mean why does it matter? ;]

Bun
13-01-2009, 06:03 PM
i just call them both coke lol. you can always tell a foreigner because they always ask for cola.

Richie
13-01-2009, 06:03 PM
oh no the world is going to end with people calling pepsi coke and coke pepsi.. its a drink that taste basically the same :S

thats just like saying ohh the world is going to end because people are calling ketchup mayoness and to be fair coke and pepsi do not taste the same

amya000
14-01-2009, 01:38 AM
I just discovered Cactus Cooler. It's the best.

MrGazet
14-01-2009, 06:06 AM
thats just like saying ohh the world is going to end because people are calling ketchup mayoness and to be fair coke and pepsi do not taste the same

yer they dont taste d same but
its just how the way it goes
coke and pepsi are the same.

Richie
14-01-2009, 07:44 AM
yer they dont taste d same but
its just how the way it goes
coke and pepsi are the same.

I know its not going to like be the end of the world because people are calling coke pepsi i used to call coke pepsi but then i realised why i did because the both of them have cola in them and look simular but its not a very big deal if you call pepsi coke i just made this thread to let people know that pepsi is not coke.

Samantha.
14-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Richie has a fit about this on skype ;o
I call coke coke and pepsi coke too ;)

Richie
14-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Richie has a fit about this on skype ;o
I call coke coke and pepsi coke too ;)

and cocaine is not coke its cocaine lol or sniff sniff

quote : Samlouise - That is completly different

Samantha.
14-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Thats so different
thats a drug, we're talking about DRINK!

Richie
14-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Thats so different
thats a drug, we're talking about DRINK!

Alco lol only joking but coke is coke and pepsi is cola why not call coke pepsi? see ownt lols

Samantha.
14-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Alco lol only joking but coke is coke and pepsi is cola why not call coke pepsi? see ownt lols

because it comes under the section of coke, like they taste similar.

Richie
14-01-2009, 02:45 PM
because it comes under the section of coke, like they taste similar.

okay so can we please call coke pepsi since pepsi is nicer

Samantha.
14-01-2009, 02:47 PM
I've had this argument before with my RE teacher, when he asked me what I was drinking and i was like Coke and we both finally agreed that Coke is better

KFNXBYE

Richie
14-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I've had this argument before with my RE teacher, when he asked me what I was drinking and i was like Coke and we both finally agreed that Coke is better

KFNXBYE

noooooo but u see pepsi is pepsi and coke is coke pepsi is sexy

Samantha.
14-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Richie, hush it

Yes they have different names, but they taste similar and have the same ingredients in ;)

Richie
14-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Richie, hush it

Yes they have different names, but they taste similar and have the same ingredients in ;)

okay but not the exact ingredients if they were they would taste the same also can we call coke pepsi then

Jxhn
14-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Pepsi tastes like diet coke, which tastes like ****.
Only a small difference really. If I'm in a restaurant or sumin then I don't really care. It's just when I'm buying it from a shop.

omw see in pizzahut, im like yea coke please
and the persons like we dont have coke, we have pepsi, and im like yeah thats the same thing..
I hate it when they do that. You get it with tango and fanta aswell.

Richie
14-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Pepsi tastes like diet coke, which tastes like ****.
Only a small difference really. If I'm in a restaurant or sumin then I don't really care. It's just when I'm buying it from a shop.

I hate it when they do that. You get it with tango and fanta aswell.

I love pepsi lol thats why most restaurants only sell pepsi because its better lol :P but i love coke too :P (not the sniff sniff)

Naruto!
14-01-2009, 04:16 PM
NOPE. I hate coke, i refuse to drink it. I only drink Diet Pepsi/Pepsi Max :)

Jxhn
15-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Pepsi just tastes like coke but more watered down and more sugary to me. I don't think restaurants choose which one they serve because of the taste. The multitap things are usually all pepsi drinks, in restaurants, but in cinemas they're normally all coke drinks, but with bigger taps.

GommeInc
15-01-2009, 04:03 PM
You are acting quite pedantic over something so small and trivial... They're the same sort of drink, except the popular one (coka cola a.k.a coke) is often referred to as any sort of cola drink. It's like when people used to refer to any sort of 4x4 car as a Jeep when Jeep is infact just one sort of manufacturer of 4x4 cars. That died out when Landrover became very popular. No-one cares, not even the two main companies (Britvic or 'Pepsi' and Coca Cola). If Pepsi was the preferred choice for loads of cola drinkers, then coca cola would probably be referred to as Pepsi too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!