PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Buying Coins? Think.

Skajo
13-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Habbo Exchange is a wonderful thing, that is until you trade coins with someone who has purchased those credits illegally. I was trading my HC sofas for coins in bulk with someone who I didn't know but seemed legit and about a week or two after the trade, banned. Why? I'm still not entirely sure to this date but I've been informed by other friends that it's because the guy who had the coins purchased them with a credit card and charged back. So how is this MY fault? I'm still not sure about that either - it seems harsh and unbelieveable that they would ban you for using a service (Habbo Exchange) that they provide - it's up to them to seek out the exploits yes? Strange, I'm still in constant touch with player support because they're not answering my question in it's entirity. They're saying "This was a credit card charge back. The card holder contested the transaction which meant whilst credits were purchased and used, they were not paid for." which to me, seems like my fault but all credits that I purchased were purchased using debit card which had the funds in to complete all transactions.

I'm still not entirely sure as I say but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Jord
13-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Phone up habbo and explain to them(I read half of what you writen)

Skajo
13-01-2009, 10:19 PM
I don't think it's my fault - if it's about me buying coins from someone who bought them illegally then it's not my fault, is it?

Boonzeet
14-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Nope not

17-jamie-17
17-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Unlucky ennit

Ardemax
17-01-2009, 06:11 PM
I think there is an obvious thing to do, but I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it.
As stated in the t&c's: "By signing up you give Habbo permission to ban your account for any reason"
But you didn't do anything wrong, unless you knew that person bought them illegally.
But it's nice to see Habbo tracing things up.

Skajo
18-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Well yes but I never did anything wrong within the laws of the hotel? I know they can ban my account for no reason but it's unmoral to do so, isn't it? Sure, I bought a huge amount of coins off someone who was offering them to me, through a friend - how on earth am I meant to know whether the coins he bought are illegal? I can't. That's how.

Ardemax
18-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Well yes but I never did anything wrong within the laws of the hotel? I know they can ban my account for no reason but it's unmoral to do so, isn't it? Sure, I bought a huge amount of coins off someone who was offering them to me, through a friend - how on earth am I meant to know whether the coins he bought are illegal? I can't. That's how.

You do have a point there, im sure if you contact habbo and ask for the credits to be removed and furni returned to you, it would be fine.

Immenseman
18-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Email them and just explain your situation

Minstrels
18-01-2009, 01:16 PM
What's the ban reason given?

Skajo
18-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Email them and just explain your situation
I have emailed them, numerous times explaining the situation and the same PS team member replies to be explaining what a charge back is.

The ban reason is: "unauthorised use of the credits system" - which confused me because every credit I bought was paid for legally and legitimately which prompted me to e-mail them when they sent me an email about the 'dangers' of buying credits - I'll see if I can find it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!