PDA

View Full Version : mark hoppus wanting blink back?

IceNineKills
13-01-2009, 05:17 PM
possibly?

"The seemingly never ending 'Will they / 'Won't they reform?' internet rumours were bolstered over the weekend when former Blink 182 bassist Mark Hoppus chipped in to the debate.
Speaking to MTV news Hoppus said:
''If - and this is a big if - Blink 182 were ever to re-form, it would have to be the most amazing, ridiculous, mind-blowing show and tour ever."
"I feel like, as bitter as our break-up was, we stepped back at the top of our game," he added. "[So] we'd have to come back even stronger and better than before.''

do you want them back or should they stay with their current bands?

Barwy
13-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Really they should give up hope. They aren't amazing musicians, full stop.
If they were very talented musicians who had mastered their instruments and developed a style which is totally unique, then it might be worthwhile them making a band. They should stick to being drop outs with attitudes tbh

EDIT - Btw, the new angels and airwaves album IS AMAZING!

Imnotpure
13-01-2009, 07:59 PM
I like AVA really, i'd prefer they stayed with their current bands i never really liked/listend to Blink.

Casual
13-01-2009, 09:28 PM
would be nice to have them back :)

PaulMacC
13-01-2009, 11:12 PM
They should come back, they're both missing something.
Mark and Travis went off to form a Punk band which is missing something, tom.
Tom went off to God knows where and created a Alternative Rock which just isnt going for him, they have 3-4 good songs.
I'd love them to come back and I know this may sound really mean but Travis Barker being in that plane crash kinda' triggered it, Mark said that him, tom and travis have been talking alot more frequently and all the fighting is ridiculous, life is too short.
blink182 > +44 & AvA

FlyingJesus
13-01-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't like +44 or AvA really but I do like a massive amount of Blink. That said, I don't want them to reform. It'd be a disappointment like every other reform

PaulMacC
13-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Red Hot Chilli Peppers reform wasn't bad.

beth
14-01-2009, 01:40 AM
all the spinoff bands (exception of box car racer, who were a band before the split) have been shockingly bad.

i did/do love blink, but i wouldn't want them to reform and make new material.
maybe just a tour, but i don't think new blink would ever be able to rival the old stuff.

RedStratocas
14-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Red Hot Chilli Peppers reform wasn't bad.

they never really broke up lol. they just didnt make an album for a while.

sometimes reunions can work. portishead came out with their first album in 11 years last year and a lot of people consider it their best yet. but i wouldnt be so hopeful for blink, sorry. they were already going a bit downhill before they broke up, and mark basically said everything perfectly. if they are going to reunite, they need to be as good or better than before or they'll be ruined. they would probably rather have people thinking "blink 182 was so good, why did they break up?" than "man, remember when blink 182 was good?" haha. i hope that makes sense. for bands that care about the legacy they leave, its usually best to just leave things be. bands that stay together are forgotten, its the bands that end in their peak that are remembered.

Rozi
15-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Purely for a selfish reason, i'de like them to reform, but not make new material. I'm a big Blink fan, but I only got into them after they split, so i've never experienced them as a band, just their songs.

Im not a fan of either +44 or AvA

PaintYourTarget
15-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Finch reformed and came out with some good quality material - that was a reformation I was hoping for and dreading at the same time.

for Blink, you could tell they were maturing as they made new albums. After their last one I don't think they can go back to their old sound or top the last one with their newish sound.

samsaBEAR
16-01-2009, 12:07 AM
personally, i've never liked blink that much, i believe that +44 is so much better. having said that, i would definitely go see them, even if it's under the guise that i have to take my sister :D

douf
24-01-2009, 12:17 PM
BRING BLINK 182 BACK!

IF THERE TOUR ANYWHERE IN ENGLAND IM THERE!

WE LOVE YOU BLINK 182 =]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!