PDA

View Full Version : Tony Blair: The best PM Out of the three?

Clowgon
13-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Gordon Brown - He hasn't got a clue on how to run a Country, he has made mistakes, involving the loss of Tax discs etc.

Tony Blair - In my opinion the best PM this Country has ever had. He has led us through very difficult times. His time as PM says it all. He hasn't been popular with the the war and stuff but i really think he was a great leader. He stepped down just in time.

It will be years when we will get another PM like him. (Hmm David Cameron)

Margret Thatcher - The worst PM This country has ever had. Messed the country up with all her changes. (Mostly for the poor)

--ss--
13-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Agreeded, Tony Blair was and is a legend, true he sucked up to George Bush's hairy ass alot but then again due to foreign relations he had to, can't really say no to one of most powerfullest coutnries in the world. He made good deccisions and genuinally tried to make the country better but the outcomes didn't always come his way.

Swearwolf
13-01-2009, 08:37 PM
He was, to me and most people I know, the worst thing to happen to this country, ever.

Bun
13-01-2009, 08:45 PM
i liked tony blair but why the hell are you calling maggie thatcher the worst PM ever? she lasted 11 years! and why have you limited it to just these three? :S

Frodo13.
13-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Probably not the best, but he was a good PM, but then again, I think Britain would be better under Brown then Cameron aswell.

scottish
13-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Thatcher was alright as she privatised all businesses, if that wasn't done BT would be our only phone company, how bad would that be!?

Just no to cameron.

Kardan
13-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I think Tony Blair was a good prime minister, I'd have him over Thatcher or Brown.

buttons
13-01-2009, 08:52 PM
i liked tony blair but why the hell are you calling maggie thatcher the worst PM ever? she lasted 11 years! and why have you limited it to just these three? :S
lol she resigned before she got a vote of no confidence so she obviously couldn't have been that popular. yeh she lasted 11 years but she wasn't that well liked obviously if she resigned before getting booted off rly.
& tony blair, well. he nearly got impeached as he broke his own laws :S hfor sending the troops to Iraq lol. dont know exactly what happened there but yeh he ended up resigning because of that did he not? can't really say he's the best PM after all that.
but well, gordon brown isn't doing a great job either is he lol
WE ARE DOOMED rly
considering margaret resigned before i was born + gordon brown hasn't been it very long i can't really judge on them :P i think tony did an okay job though.

scottish
13-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Tbh its partly Gordon browns fault the economy is so ****** up atm.

He was chancellor of exchequer for a while, he could of "saved for a rainy day" but when the economy was booming they didn't save any money for this kinda slump, so causing massive govt spending so soon taxes go up etc etc..

Jordy
13-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Winston Churchill is always considered the Best PM ever with out a doubt, infact he's usually considered the Greatest Britain Ever.

Although Thatcher made some awful decisions and was very unpopular at the end, you said yourself that she got voted in for 11 years. She got this countries economy going again and did many wonders for this country, but she also did quite the opposite towards the end too but she still makes it as number two on my list.

Tony Blair was alright, as a person and Politician I quite like him but not all his decisions and Gordon Brown, I'm pretty sure he didn't personally lose the tax disks? :P - Gordon Brown isn't a leader at all.

alexxxxx
Nah, I wouldn't say so. But I'd say from what I've heard Maggie Thatcher was the worst by privatising everything. And now everything's got more expensive and not much better (trains, buses, electricity, gas, phone, post office, etc)

Clowgon
Agreeded, Tony Blair was and is a legend, true he sucked up to George Bush's hairy ass alot but then again due to foreign relations he had to, can't really say no to one of most powerfullest coutnries in the world. He made good deccisions and genuinally tried to make the country better but the outcomes didn't always come his way.

Lol. Well i suppose if we ever had another war like WW2 we would get protection from America which is a good thing.

Because she stopped a lot of stuff. Which had devastating effects on the poor. I can't explain why the hell she was in power for so long.

I thoughT these 3 were the main big ones. I was going to add WC but i just thought these were the main three. John Major too but i don't know a lot of facts about him. Same with WC.

Casual
13-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Obama please.

;D

Xarea
13-01-2009, 09:12 PM
He was, to me and most people I know, the worst thing to happen to this country, ever.

I agree. Thatcher was the best thing that ever happened to Britain.

scottish
13-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Nah, I wouldn't say so. But I'd say from what I've heard Maggie Thatcher was the worst by privatising everything. And now everything's got more expensive and not much better (trains, buses, electricity, gas, phone, post office, etc)

If thatcher didn't privatise stuff they control the price so could be alot more expensive, also means we'd be stuck with BT and that would be hell.

alexxxxx
13-01-2009, 09:40 PM
If thatcher didn't privatise stuff they control the price so could be alot more expensive, also means we'd be stuck with BT and that would be hell.

yeah, but then the government can be held responsible, we can vote in new leaders. the governement have the power to subsidise the bus services/train services and gas to an extent and don't have to run them for a profit.

companies on the other hand are masters to their shareholders and must make a profit, sometimes at our expense. They couldn't give two hoots about us.

Yeah telecommunications and TV might be the only good thing they have done. But bus travel for example is stupidly overpriced and is still getting more expensive, with no better services.

Mathew
13-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Buses are stupid and slow. End of.

From what I've heard from family and random facts, Margaret Thatcher was good because she was tough and said things straight and as they were. She helped out a lot of people in buisnesses and made a lot of changes. Well, she is nicknamed the "Iron Lady".

Clowgon
13-01-2009, 09:55 PM
yeah, but then the government can be held responsible, we can vote in new leaders. the governement have the power to subsidise the bus services/train services and gas to an extent and don't have to run them for a profit.

companies on the other hand are masters to their shareholders and must make a profit, sometimes at our expense. They couldn't give two hoots about us.

Yeah telecommunications and TV might be the only good thing they have done. But bus travel for example is stupidly overpriced and is still getting more expensive, with no better services.

Yeah i agree, 85p to get into town. Ridiculous. £1.20 for ONE STOP!
Bloody joke if you ask me.

Ramones
18-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Gordon Brown - He hasn't got a clue on how to run a Country, he has made mistakes, involving the loss of Tax discs etc.

Tony Blair - In my opinion the best PM this Country has ever had. He has led us through very difficult times. His time as PM says it all. He hasn't been popular with the the war and stuff but i really think he was a great leader. He stepped down just in time.

Difficult times such as what :S
I'm not gonna join in this debate because i don't know enough about politics and neither does 95% of everyone else on this forum. What i do know is that the effects of most economic policies wont be seen until like over 4 years after they're implemented. You can't blame the government for causing an economic downturn, but you can say that they didn't do enough to effectively avoid it. I personally think it was inevitable.

Immenseman
18-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Gordon Brown is awesome lol - would like to see any of you do a better job. He's been thrown in difficult circumstance and he has acted - if he didn't do anything you'd criticise and you criticise him for changing what he could to help us. PM's don't win until their time is over.

Hayd93
18-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Winston Churchill is always considered the Best PM ever with out a doubt, infact he's usually considered the Greatest Britain Ever.

Although Thatcher made some awful decisions and was very unpopular at the end, you said yourself that she got voted in for 11 years. She got this countries economy going again and did many wonders for this country, but she also did quite the opposite towards the end too but she still makes it as number two on my list.

Tony Blair was alright, as a person and Politician I quite like him but not all his decisions and Gordon Brown, I'm pretty sure he didn't personally lose the tax disks? :P - Gordon Brown isn't a leader at all.
‘We shall fight them in the fields & in the streets, we shall NEVER surrender’
I do agree there Winston lead us through one of the worst if not the worst wars of all times and still kept his cool.

xxMATTGxx
18-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Obama please.

;D

Obama or JJeremy Clarkson please.

(Joke).

I think Tony Blair did a good job to be honest.

JackBuddy
18-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Margret Thatcher - The worst PM This country has ever had. Messed the country up with all her changes. (Mostly for the poor)
Debatable, but I think that she is the best of the three. She shaped the future of the country and essentially made it as prosperous as it is (well used to be) now. She wasn't scared to make brave decisions like Gordon Brown- who has just been a spectator as the economy has reached turmoil.

Tony Blair... followed USA into a pointless war which has led to nothing but pointless deaths. Even Bush regrets it.

Frodo13.
18-01-2009, 07:23 PM

The sole reason Thacther lasted any longer than her first term is the Fawklands.

x!candi!x
18-01-2009, 10:28 PM
I thought Tony Blair was an idiot but now Gordon Brown is here.....It shows that you don't realise that something is good until it's gone. Like my old maths teacher I miss her :(.

Alkaz
18-01-2009, 10:43 PM

It will be years when we will get another PM like him. (Hmm David Cameron)

Ye, GB doesnt really know what he is doing althoug loss of discs isnt really his though but ye he got to take the balme.

I agree, TB has got to be one of our best PM we have/will have for a long time. 10 years in office, he must have done something right!

MT - Dont you just hate her! Responsible for the rubbish roads, public transport **** up, gas, EVERYTHING, she privatised it all now all the government have is Royal Mail, its pathetic to make money for then and not now. Should never have been privatised.

Kyle!
18-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Tbh its partly Gordon browns fault the economy is so ****** up atm.

He was chancellor of exchequer for a while, he could of "saved for a rainy day" but when the economy was booming they didn't save any money for this kinda slump, so causing massive govt spending so soon taxes go up etc etc..

Totally untrue. Its the banking elitists and the federal reserve system that caused this. If you want more information, search this up.

Pyroka
18-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Hugh Grant was the best Prime Minister and nobody can argue with that fact.

Jord
19-01-2009, 12:32 AM

I agree fully there

He was good while he lasted but he didnt have a back bone when It came to GB

Grig
19-01-2009, 03:18 PM
You like Blair because of personality and charisma and that really showed.

Brown is as dull as my pen.

Thatcher- discriminated against races, with some controversial speeches.

Churchill- good as a war president, but after the war he was not the best option.

A historian's view of this ;)

AgnesIO
21-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Cameron?

No. Just no!

PaintYourTarget
21-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Hugh Grant was the best Prime Minister and nobody can argue with that fact.
I love you.

Ramones
21-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Debatable, but I think that she is the best of the three. She shaped the future of the country and essentially made it as prosperous as it is (well used to be) now. She wasn't scared to make brave decisions like Gordon Brown- who has just been a spectator as the economy has reached turmoil.

She made stupid unsustainable decisions about the economy leading to the severity of recession we are in today. Gordon Brown didn't make it any better by keeping borrowing high and interest rates low, causing bad debt here there and everywhere. On Economic analysis i think they're all as bad as each other Gordon Brown was chancellor when Tony was in power so it's not like Tony couldn't of done anything about it. If i had to choose someone i'd go for Atlee. But i don't do politics so :rolleyes:

kuzkasate
03-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Couldnt agree more.

partie2
03-02-2009, 11:35 PM

I second this! +rep

Alkaz
03-02-2009, 11:37 PM
He resigned and put him inchage of the whole war thing, obviously not that bad.

Ladygaga
04-02-2009, 08:58 PM
He was an good PM, but I think he *REMOVED* us up when he resigned and let that fat *REMOVED* in control.

http://www.digitalrampage.com/images/gordon-brown.jpg

Edited by Garion (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the Forum filter, thanks :).

Clowgon
05-02-2009, 10:50 AM
He was an good PM, but I think he *REMOVED* us up when he resigned and let that fat *REMOVED* in control.

http://www.digitalrampage.com/images/gordon-brown.jpg

BRAVO BRAVO! +REP

Daedryon
05-02-2009, 10:53 AM
You forgot a PM, guy.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images/stephen-harper-kitten.jpg

luce
05-02-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't care really. i never liked tony blair or Gordon brown. personally im a fan of the iron lady but yano. i want a dam conservative government or the BNP whip this county into shape

Bun
05-02-2009, 09:03 PM
I don't care really. i never liked tony blair or Gordon brown. personally im a fan of the iron lady but yano. i want a dam conservative government or the BNP whip this county into shape
LMAO +rep. That was good. :rolleyes:

scottish
05-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Whoever mentions david cameron you should be slapped irl.

buttons
05-02-2009, 09:33 PM
david cameron

luce
05-02-2009, 10:20 PM
david cameron

is better then Gordon Brown

scottish
05-02-2009, 10:57 PM

Just leave, seriously.

David camerons great move "leave it to the market"

oh lets watch the financial sector fail, oh manufacturing sector failing ah what the heck, let the market sort itself out.

and the fact that makes it worse is the fact that what this is the worst economic situation in what? 79 years or something, and that idiots still trying to play with the party politics trying to discredit everything gordon brown does and just trys to make it about "oh we're better", the guys a god damn idiot.

Ladygaga
05-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Winston churchhill FTW!

buttons
05-02-2009, 11:11 PM
lucy if magaret thatcher was so gd why did she resign before she had a vote of no confidence......

Virgin Mary
05-02-2009, 11:43 PM
The BNP would already be in power if they were as smart as Hitler and blamed the economic crisis on immigrants.

Just leave, seriously.

David camerons great move "leave it to the market"

oh lets watch the financial sector fail, oh manufacturing sector failing ah what the heck, let the market sort itself out.

and the fact that makes it worse is the fact that what this is the worst economic situation in what? 79 years or something, and that idiots still trying to play with the party politics trying to discredit everything gordon brown does and just trys to make it about "oh we're better", the guys a god damn idiot.
Politicians are rarely practical. The country has an enormous budget deficit and will eventually have to raise taxes to cut it down.

Winston churchhill FTW!
Winston Churchill is dead.

Blinger1
05-02-2009, 11:45 PM
John Howard.. classic Australian leader..

Kevin Rudd.. classic nerd who got into power.. and is loving it

leah
06-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Tony blair was crap

buttons
06-02-2009, 04:11 PM
we didn't have any problems with tony, not that i can remember, just the whole iraq mistakes. now look what we got with gordon brown :/

Clowgon
06-02-2009, 04:58 PM

ARE YOU INSANE? The old witch sold all of our businesses ok most of them was slightly going down the sink but I'm sure they wouldn't be struggling 30 years on.

BNP.... Your just asking for trouble.

John Howard.. classic Australian leader..

Kevin Rudd.. classic nerd who got into power.. and is loving it

I'm sorry but no. His policies are just not suitable for a country like ours.

we didn't have any problems with tony, not that i can remember, just the whole iraq mistakes. now look what we got with gordon brown :/

Exactly. Tony left just in time. A few Billions has been wasted on a war which wasn't necessarily but I'm sure in a a few years if we ever had a War like WW2 we've got our backs covered by the Yanks. :P

That English Bulldog was bulling him, pressurizing him to leave office. Look where has he got him now.

I bet Tony is laughing at us and I'm sure his laughing at that donkey.

-:Undertaker:-
06-02-2009, 07:48 PM
ARE YOU INSANE? The old witch sold all of our businesses ok most of them was slightly going down the sink but I'm sure they wouldn't be struggling 30 years on.

BNP.... Your just asking for trouble.

I'm sorry but no. His policies are just not suitable for a country like ours.

Exactly. Tony left just in time. A few Billions has been wasted on a war which wasn't necessarily but I'm sure in a a few years if we ever had a War like WW2 we've got our backs covered by the Yanks. :P

That English Bulldog was bulling him, pressurizing him to leave office. Look where has he got him now.

I bet Tony is laughing at us and I'm sure his laughing at that donkey.

That 'old witch' saved our country from economic meltdown, thus by privatising failing businesses which the state could not run and needed to subsidise. We had to appeal to the IMF for cash in the 1970's because we actually went BACKRUPT.

clueless
07-02-2009, 01:08 AM
he was a good PM its just a shame all he is remembered for is the iraq war when actually he did a lot of good

.:.:jjm261:.:.
07-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Up north, round my area (mining town) you say maggie thatcher and you get killed. She's hated.

Tony blair was okay, towards the end he seemed to lose it a bit

Gordon brown, is just trying to do his best when he can't

Virgin Mary
07-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Up north, round my area (mining town) you say maggie thatcher and you get killed. She's hated.

Tony blair was okay, towards the end he seemed to lose it a bit

Gordon brown, is just trying to do his best when he can't
That's because poor people can't deal with the fact that Thatcher made way for working-class people to not be limited to manual labour.

JackBuddy
07-02-2009, 08:16 PM
The mines were going to become exhausted anyway. She shaped the future industries for the country and made it as economically powerful as it is (or was 2 years ago) today.

leah
10-02-2009, 12:40 PM
david cameron

I have to agree :)
I like the conservatives.

I don't like Mag tho, she got us loads of fines by ignoring the EU.
Like with the Tachographs for instance.

Themaster1993
10-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I agree, Gordan Brown is crap.

buttons
10-02-2009, 01:02 PM
give him a chance

scottish
10-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Gordon brown is a HELL OF ALOT better than this idiot david cameron. Easily.

clueless
10-02-2009, 03:20 PM
urgh i cant think of anyone worse to be in power in an economic crisis as the hypocrit that is david cameron

N-Dubz
10-02-2009, 05:08 PM
i hate Gordan Brown more

leah
15-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Gordon brown is a HELL OF ALOT better than this idiot david cameron. Easily.
Leah Cameron disagrees ;)

Daedryon
28-02-2009, 05:52 AM
YOU FORGOT PRIME MINISTER STEPHEN HARPER, EH?!

You forgot a PM, guy.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images/stephen-harper-kitten.jpg

-:Undertaker:-
11-03-2009, 09:25 PM

Quotes like this make me laugh, from kids who have been brought up to believe in socialist hate against the Conservatives and Margaret Thatcher.

I don't know if you knew what this country was like during the 1970's but i'll give you some information.

High Unemployment
Collapse of British world influence
Unions controlling the 'democratic' government
Britain bankrupt, had to borrow from the IMF
Socialism rife, people sympathetic to the soviets in positions of power.
The election of Thatcher in 1979 was the people standing up and finally saying enough is enough. The campaign posters from the time sum it up;

http://jeffreyhill.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341d417153ef011278da983128a4-pi

A country riddled in debt, industries needing government money just to survive and not making profit, declining influence and a dangerous rise of socialism and communism led to the election of Thatcher.

What did she do? - she took the unions head on, along with the EU and secured a rebate which ment we got a lot of money back which we poured into the EU (Blair later surrendered this).

Union power was cut, they didn't like it and went on strike, anyone who didn't go along with the strikes were called scabs, bullied and victimised. The majority of the strikers were socialist unionists using the mines as a cover to behave like third world warriors.

The leader of the Union of mineworkers at the time, the man who organised all the riots to try and bring down the Thatcher government was Arthur Scargill.

What political alliances did Arthur Scargill have?
Socialist Labour Party (UK)
Communist Party of Great Britain

So in future, before people have a go at the Prime Minister who turned this country around before it fell on its face, maybe have a read and take a while to study its history. I did and I came to the correct conclusion. If we didnt have Thatcher, we would be very different country in a serious situation.

The economic boom that we and the world have saw under Labour wasn't the product of New Labour and Tony Blair/Gordon Brown - it was Thatcherism. A brand of growth and prosperity her and Ronald Reagan brought to the world, and in that we have seen many lifted out of poverty and more money availble to each family to spend on holidays and so on.

The collapse, well it would ultimatley come just as another boom will (the rules of capitalism), however this Labour Government like others did not save up for the rainy day, which means at this point in time - we are very close to having to appeal to the IMF as our country is gathering so much debt.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!