PDA

View Full Version : LAN issue +17rep

le harry
14-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Hey hey,

I have a Dynalink RTA1025W router with 2 computers connected via Ethernet and one connected via wireless. The issue is that one of the computers connected via Ethernet cannot connect to the internet, when I go to 'manage network connections' it constantly flashes from 'Network cable unplugged to Local area Connection is now connected' with about a 1 second interval between each change. It sometimes randomnly works just out of no where however it'll go back to the same thing, again, out of no where. I'm desperate for help!! I've been told it could be the computer trying to connect with the same IP as the host computer or something... i dunno i'm so lost haha. By the way, this computer is running vista.

Thanks for any help!

Calon
14-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Are your other computers running Vista?

Some router's do not work well when ethernet and wireless is in action, mine only works with wireless now, but I'm using a completely dififferent router to you.

I can never remember if you have to authenticate with a WEP/WPA/PSK whatever it is for ethernet usage if it's on.

iUnknown
14-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Are your other computers running Vista?

Some router's do not work well when ethernet and wireless is in action, mine only works with wireless now, but I'm using a completely dififferent router to you.

I can never remember if you have to authenticate with a WEP/WPA/PSK whatever it is for ethernet usage if it's on.

You don't (need to athenticate).

I have two computers on ethernet and some stuff on wireless with a netgear router and it works perfectly well.

If you can find your DNS server addresses somewhere in your router admin or something, you can configure your ethernet to connect using a certain network IP address. What I think may be the situation is that multiple computers are trying to connect on the same network IP address.

Let me know if you can get the DNS server addresses and I'll tell you how to configure the network IP so you can make sure that they don't try and use the same.

Zak
16-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Make sure you are not having an IP Conflict on your network

Right click your network - Properties - Select TCP/IP then its either edit or properties or sumit

then set your new IP addresses if u want

http://www.webcamsoft.com/images/dog4/lan_ip.gif

looks like tht

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!