PDA

View Full Version : Started Gym

Favourtism
16-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Signed up to a local Gym, one that actually allows 15 year olds in... (:p). Im paying monthly for whenever I want and have schedueled the following

Monday 1 hour
Wednesday 1 hour
Friday 1 hour
Saturday 1.30 Hours

The gym guy drew up a plan for like xxx time on treadmill then the bikes, then the weights etc and ending with push ups and sit ups.

Basically, how long do you think based on that it would be before it starts getting easier and I get really fit etc?

Thanks

Soy
16-01-2009, 04:22 PM
I must say, if you've just started it will be a very painfull first month for you,

but if you eat healthily and use a good fitness programme (make one yourself, not hard) then in the first two months you will see a significant raise in your fitness levels

Though if your planning on doing weights only train each muscle group once every 5 days+ and only focus on two muscle groups per session

Favourtism
16-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Ok, thanks +rep!

Yeah, im eating much healthier stuff and actualyl having breakfast etc :)

Excellent2
16-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Good for you! It won't take long in terms of cardio, few weeks? Weights will take a few months as you're going to have to start growing them :) Goodluck to you and I hope it works out!

Immenseman
16-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Good luck Tom, hope to see a new buff you some time soon ;) x

Soy
16-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Ok, thanks +rep!

Yeah, im eating much healthier stuff and actualyl having breakfast etc :)

Good good :)

It's always great to take before and after pics for that satisfication for all the hard encoumbering hours of training.

DogRedox
23-01-2009, 06:51 AM
getting easier - the first I guess, it depends how often you exercise. If less than a month, than it does take a week or something. Just one more advice, get on the cardio first then the weights whatever. hopes that help

Favourtism
27-01-2009, 01:13 AM
http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/product_images/prd%7BC7DCEC48-4147-43DE-8693-8F6AD0A40EBA%7D.png
I did 100 of them for two days running (not on mega high weight obviously) and now my arm kills so I am 100% listening to you and doing it every 5 days to let it build up.

(Thanks to conz for modeling^)
Theres also one that goes up and down rather than like that if you know what I mean.

Im gunna go on the leg presses tomorrow too :D

Im like obsessed with the elliptical trainers though lmao. I burnt off 200 cals in about 14 mins which seemed ok :)

I hope it will get a bit easier soon haha. I need to start on the crunches, situps and pressups etc too

leah
27-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Gooood luck :)

scott
27-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Goooood luck dnt do too much though kk

Favourtism
27-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Ty

Going this afternoon

Soy
27-01-2009, 04:47 PM
http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/product_images/prd%7BC7DCEC48-4147-43DE-8693-8F6AD0A40EBA%7D.png
I did 100 of them for two days running (not on mega high weight obviously) and now my arm kills so I am 100% listening to you and doing it every 5 days to let it build up.

(Thanks to conz for modeling^)
Theres also one that goes up and down rather than like that if you know what I mean.

Im gunna go on the leg presses tomorrow too :D

Im like obsessed with the elliptical trainers though lmao. I burnt off 200 cals in about 14 mins which seemed ok :)

I hope it will get a bit easier soon haha. I need to start on the crunches, situps and pressups etc too

That's for your chest mainly, by the way.

Also do you want to gain muscle or tone? Because low weights like that wont gain you alot of muscle so in about two weeks up the weight to a medium weight and proggress from there :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!