PDA

View Full Version : Selling my Mac mini for a Windows computer?

lolwut
17-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Hey,
Well, I've had a Mac mini for a while now and I don't really like it, it's underpowered and too loud.
It's the latest generation 1.83GHz one with 2GB RAM and a 80GB HDD. It was 450 new.
It's got a few scratches on the top which are only visible in bright light.
I've got the majority (if not all) of the instructions and manuals for it.
How much would I be able to get? I would be including my Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.

I ask because I kinda want to go back to Windows, I've got a Win XP netbook and I want to go back for some reason. I like OS X but I do prefer Windows in a odd way.
Another reason is that I'm getting a MacBook in a matter of months so I don't want/need two Mac's.

I want to get a decent spec. machine, Core 2 Quad or Duo and 4GB RAM. I don't want to do a custom build because I'd have to faff around with cases, HDD's and graphics cards and that's all confusing.
Anybody got any recommendations for computers which I could get?
That said, if anybody wants to put a list of ALL the parts I'd need for a PC (General use, light gaming, PS work, web devving), I might consider that an option too.

Whatever you put together has to be under say 400 which is what I'm estimating getting for my Mac mini.

Note: I don't need an OS, I already have many.

Cheers for any help.

Hayd93
17-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Hey,
Well, I've had a Mac mini for a while now and I don't really like it, it's underpowered and too loud.
It's the latest generation 1.83GHz one with 2GB RAM and a 80GB HDD. It was 450 new.
It's got a few scratches on the top which are only visible in bright light.
I've got the majority (if not all) of the instructions and manuals for it.
How much would I be able to get? I would be including my Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.

I ask because I kinda want to go back to Windows, I've got a Win XP netbook and I want to go back for some reason. I like OS X but I do prefer Windows in a odd way.
Another reason is that I'm getting a MacBook in a matter of months so I don't want/need two Mac's.

I want to get a decent spec. machine, Core 2 Quad or Duo and 4GB RAM. I don't want to do a custom build because I'd have to faff around with cases, HDD's and graphics cards and that's all confusing.
Anybody got any recommendations for computers which I could get?
That said, if anybody wants to put a list of ALL the parts I'd need for a PC (General use, light gaming, PS work, web devving), I might consider that an option too.

Whatever you put together has to be under say 400 which is what I'm estimating getting for my Mac mini.

Note: I don't need an OS, I already have many.

Cheers for any help.
I doubt you would get £400. A mate sold his with 3gb ram and a 250gb HDD all discs included and manuals and a apple remote for £430. His was also is mint condition.

lolwut
17-01-2009, 03:28 PM
I doubt you would get £400. A mate sold his with 3gb ram and a 250gb HDD all discs included and manuals and a apple remote for £430. His was also is mint condition.
Okay, um... How much would I get then?
Is 350 a realistic sum?

And yeah, I've got my Apple Remote too. :)

xxMATTGxx
17-01-2009, 03:51 PM
I got £330 for mine. It was the 1.83ghz model with 2GB ram, 80GB hard drive and some crappy small monitor. Oh and the apple keyboard. (Ebay). Then I bought a Windows computer :). I would say you could get at least £300 for it? Some offered me £250 but I waited and this nice guy on an island paid the amount I was looking for :P

jony080
21-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I've just spotted a Mac Mini on eBay, with the bid at £310 with 3 hours to go. That's with 14 bids, and the bids usually really start with about ten minutes to go. So you'd probably be looking at about £350-£400. That's running Tiger, so if you've got Leopard, you could probably expect a bit more. It's also got iLife '06, and Microsoft Office though, so take these into account.
If you have any software like that, you'll probably get more money for it when you have it on your mac when you're selling it. :D
Hope I helped. (:

Kevin
23-01-2009, 03:18 PM
I've just spotted a Mac Mini on eBay, with the bid at £310 with 3 hours to go. That's with 14 bids, and the bids usually really start with about ten minutes to go. So you'd probably be looking at about £350-£400. That's running Tiger, so if you've got Leopard, you could probably expect a bit more. It's also got iLife '06, and Microsoft Office though, so take these into account.
If you have any software like that, you'll probably get more money for it when you have it on your mac when you're selling it. :D
Hope I helped. (:

The chances are, if he's selling it on eBay, people wont take his word that it's legitimate software bundled with it, It's extremely easy to find pirated software these days

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!