PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Shutdowns - Am I safe?

Ardemax
17-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Basiclly, whenever I use Habbo now, I get this blue message thing, it counts to 60 in 5's or something, and then restarts my computer.
I'm wondering if there is some sort of keylogger/virus on my computer.
This is urgent information whether I am safe or not.
+Rep to all helpful answers. :)

iUnknown
17-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Could you get a screenshot of the blue message thing?

Does your whole screen go blue?

It could be a malfunction of shockwave in some way, if it's triggered by opening habbo, I don't think it's a virus. If it was triggered by opening some anti-virus program then I would be suspicious.

Ardemax
17-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Could you get a screenshot of the blue message thing?

Does your whole screen go blue?

It could be a malfunction of shockwave in some way, if it's triggered by opening habbo, I don't think it's a virus. If it was triggered by opening some anti-virus program then I would be suspicious.

Erm im on vista and it takes up the whole screen with a blue background and white writing, and you cant screenshot it, ill try and take a piccy if you really want tho

united-champ
17-01-2009, 04:47 PM
What does it read?

Takea piccy, even just ****** quality can determine weather its a Trjan, BSOD or a Shockwave problem.
dont log onto habbo until we've fixed it;)

Ardemax
17-01-2009, 07:09 PM
right-io

i'll try and get a snap :p

Agnostic Bear
18-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Basiclly, whenever I use Habbo now, I get this blue message thing, it counts to 60 in 5's or something, and then restarts my computer.
I'm wondering if there is some sort of keylogger/virus on my computer.
This is urgent information whether I am safe or not.
+Rep to all helpful answers. :)

Sounds like driver corruption to me, reinstall your graphics drivers and try again

Ardemax
18-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks, i'll try it.

united-champ
18-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Still wanna see that screenie / pic :)

and yeah, graphical it sounds like, but depends on if u have a onboard or PCI-E / AGP so on GPU :)

Minstrels
18-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Hurry up with the pic.

Javascrypt
18-01-2009, 07:56 PM
It could be a internal error, try other shockwave applets.
If it isnt that, scan your computer and if nothing is found...
It could be your computer itself.

Fehm
18-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Could it be that thing PC world scare the crap out of us with.... the blue screen of death

Ardemax
19-01-2009, 04:51 PM
It could be a internal error, try other shockwave applets.
If it isnt that, scan your computer and if nothing is found...
It could be your computer itself.

ok ta

Could it be that thing PC world scare the crap out of us with.... the blue screen of death

I think it might be, it hasn't popped up again yet.

united-champ
19-01-2009, 05:02 PM
a BSOD (Blue screen of death / doom) is a complete computer lockup, you cannot recover from one without rebootin the pc manually. some pc's randomly restart when one pops up, due to 'system safety' options unless your a windows diagnostics or crash analyzer you dont need to see the bsod, when one pop's up, write down the bototm the 0x00000000ef664400000 (or whatever!)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!