PDA

View Full Version : New design - thoughts?

Excellent2
17-01-2009, 03:50 PM
So I haven't designed in a few weeks, so I went ahead and got something spruced up :)

Inspiration - www.today.im

Thoughts? :)

http://i43.tinypic.com/op1hd4.png

Jaysun
17-01-2009, 03:55 PM
That design looks great. I just think the background could be changed.

Excellent2
17-01-2009, 03:56 PM
That design looks great. I just think the background could be changed.Thanks for the comment :) I agree, a lot of backgrounds could go with a design like that! I'll have a play soon :)

Jahova
17-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Nice and clean, I love it.

Turbocom
17-01-2009, 05:16 PM
I love it, how ever the Background is blah

Fighters
17-01-2009, 05:27 PM
It's okay, but I feel like I've seen the same layout over and over. Rounded corners, drop shadow... try adding in some more personalized ideas such as pen-tool drawings or making your own vector shapes instead of Photoshop's default set.

kk.
17-01-2009, 05:28 PM
quite nice lucas, I think the background isnt all that bad, maybe more transparency?

Did you figure out how to cut around people in the end? :P

Fehm
17-01-2009, 05:43 PM
I like it but the backgrond is off putting, and as someone's already said, everyone does rounded corners and drop shadows and its getting rather boringg... lol but its nice welldone :)

RyanDOT
17-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I love it, including the background!
Its very sexy!

Excellent2
17-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Nice and clean, I love it.Thanks :)

I love it, how ever the Background is blahI'll address that soon. Any colours you could suggest?

It's okay, but I feel like I've seen the same layout over and over. Rounded corners, drop shadow... try adding in some more personalized ideas such as pen-tool drawings or making your own vector shapes instead of Photoshop's default set.Well it was inspired by today.im which has the rounded corner thing going on so it's not actually a thought out design as such, I was just bored :) I suck with the pen tool and making my own shapes so I guess until I aquire the skills needed to do that I'm stuck :( lol. Thanks for the comments though :)

quite nice lucas, I think the background isnt all that bad, maybe more transparency?

Did you figure out how to cut around people in the end? :PI'll try that Josh :) Haha, sure did, bloody easy! Thanks :)

I like it but the backgrond is off putting, and as someone's already said, everyone does rounded corners and drop shadows and its getting rather boringg... lol but its nice welldone :)Thankyou :)

I love it, including the background!
Its very sexy!Woo, thanks :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!