PDA

View Full Version : New skill ?

Arch
17-01-2009, 06:41 PM
What do you think the new skill will be(if they make one)?

I heard rumours of sailing which were fake and horse riding or something

which i think would be a bad skill but a nice update to go around faster ?

Mint
17-01-2009, 07:04 PM
I would love horse riding as it would allow you to get around much quicker (which is ideal for Jagex to put into place because many people think all the walking around one runescape is one of it's bad points) however there should be places where you can and cannot take your horses. Sailing would be easy for them since all they would need to do is extend the map with water and create boats. So god knows what they will choose.

alotest
17-01-2009, 07:29 PM
There are already many quick methods in which to travel place to place, if you are to lazy to find them or too lazy to walk varrock east to ge, which it's self takes 10-15 seconds, then you shouldn't be privilidged to play the game.

They have already said they would *not* add horse-riding to the game, ever.
It's in the do not suggest part of the suggestions forum!

[Jay]
17-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Mabey it will be a skill which will provide some sort of faster travel, I think that will be good.
Horse riding and saling dont sound good tho :(

Arch
17-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Yerr would be weird to train, although yeah it is easy to travel, wouldnt we all like to go abit faster :P

JackBuddy
17-01-2009, 08:07 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Yoshimitsui (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post images in order to troll.

Imnotpure
17-01-2009, 09:01 PM
yum yum

Edited by Yoshimitsui (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

[Jay]
17-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah I've heard about the new skill... a mixture of hunting and cooking apparently.

*REMOVED*
Oooo i like the sound of that :P

RareWolf
17-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I heard they were adding cars and planes tbh (sarcastic)

I dont think it will be getting around faster as you can already do it tbh, probs jst another random skill.

Mint
17-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Maybe an uncooking skill like on evil bobs island lol.

RareWolf
17-01-2009, 10:45 PM
What like a save skill? where u can heal things :D

Hopeless
17-01-2009, 11:07 PM
There are already many quick methods in which to travel place to place, if you are to lazy to find them or too lazy to walk varrock east to ge, which it's self takes 10-15 seconds, then you shouldn't be privilidged to play the game.

They have already said they would *not* add horse-riding to the game, ever.
It's in the do not suggest part of the suggestions forum!

the do not suggest part of the forum is because they are either working on it, and they are deciding when and how to do it.

Most of the future updates are most probably in the do not suggestion section

Rixion
18-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Maybe horse riding.. could have something to do with summoning

PaintYourTarget
18-01-2009, 12:20 AM
The higher the level, the less likely you are to fall off... though, they could just build it into agility (horse riding).

9y
18-01-2009, 12:38 AM
No, any form of riding, and i quote "Even Goats" - Jagex

Doubt there will be a new skill until at least Q3 2009

Rashelly
18-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Horse riding would be pretty useless...Runescape isn't big enough. You hardly have to walk anywhere with all the teleports, jewellery, boats and stuff...
And even if you have no teleports, it doesn't take long to get places, because RS is so small.

Scotesh
18-01-2009, 02:50 AM
To be honest i think it would be some kind of creation skill.
The past most recent ones havent had much actual creation in them apart from construction obviously, so i reckon itll be something where you have to make something with it.

alotest
18-01-2009, 09:09 AM
the do not suggest part of the forum is because they are either working on it, and they are deciding when and how to do it.

Most of the future updates are most probably in the do not suggestion section

Have you played runescape that long...
The do not suggest forum is for skills they don't want in the game as they arn't that interesting or give players too much of an advantage.

There will be No, form of riding, "Even Goats" - Jagex

They posted it themselves... So don't think you know it all about runescape, because your not a hardcore runescape geek yet!

[Jay]
18-01-2009, 10:15 AM
You have to think about wat was around in the olden days....

Seagy
18-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Maybe an new money making skill =]

alotest
18-01-2009, 12:37 PM
You mean like the amazing theiving!
Moneymaking skills are fail tbh.

JackBuddy
18-01-2009, 12:41 PM
You mean like the amazing theiving!
hi can i help?

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/2444/99thieon4.png (http://imageshack.us/)

Slowpoke
18-01-2009, 12:45 PM
There are loads of different skills that they could add but they need to keep it realistic. I think another extension to magic would be a good bet for the time being though (don't forget that Jagex have said that this year most updates will be towards upgrading Runescape, rather than adding new things). The likelihood of getting a new skill this year is pretty low.

Imnotpure
18-01-2009, 02:07 PM
hi can i help?

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/2444/99thieon4.png (http://imageshack.us/)

nice 1 xp off x

Kyle
18-01-2009, 02:39 PM
ability to make your own clothes

Arch
18-01-2009, 03:27 PM
yerrr i dunno i just put horse riding out there, but ye makes sence that it wouldnt happen

[Jay]
18-01-2009, 09:40 PM
You guys are not thinking outside the box....its has to be diffrent.
Making your own clothes is like crafting, Extension to magic is not a skill they can just add another book.

It has to be something diffrent which dosent relate to the current skills.

What if its not horse riding but "Traveling" you get all types of stuff like cows, donkeys, horses, boats, hot air, ballons, cheater and at level 99 you get a dragon which can fly you anywhere????
(you can ride all these animals)

What do you think?

Scotesh
19-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Travelling isnt necessary really, but it is a good idea nonetheless.
And to those of you who are saying it should be more realistic, you're playing a game.
If you want realism then go outside.

Militarycom.
19-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Well there is a very bad problem with a traveling skill. It would throw off money values, for instance 130k can be made per hour by pure essence mining but with traveling you would make like 250k per hour. Not only is it unfair to people who worked even harder to earn the money before, people would also be making money too fast and high priced items wouldnt be as valued.

Mint
19-01-2009, 10:16 PM
A skill where you get XP for eating things.

Zak
20-01-2009, 12:11 AM
The sailing icon was actually released on the highscores not too long ago but they took it off?

Arch
20-01-2009, 12:58 AM
That was a rumor i saw the screenie but it was edited, also the person who made that youtube vid/screen shot is my friend on rs and he said he made it up :P (Qwertysumo)

[Jay]
20-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Well there is a very bad problem with a traveling skill. It would throw off money values, for instance 130k can be made per hour by pure essence mining but with traveling you would make like 250k per hour. Not only is it unfair to people who worked even harder to earn the money before, people would also be making money too fast and high priced items wouldnt be as valued.
Not really because range used to be a slow skill then red chins came....
Also you got hunting which helps with most things now.
Also your animal will run out of energy as well it will just take longer for it to run out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!