PDA

View Full Version : All these ideas...

Daphne,
19-01-2009, 11:02 AM
It's hard not to notice the amount of fansites that all of these aspiring teenagers are pumping out.
Sadly, and I'm sure you're all aware, barely and of these sites will ever make it further than an 'under-construction' page.

I suppose this thread's purpose is to make the suggestion to these hopeful teens to focus their time
(and their parent's money) on a project that, in the long run, may actually give them some fulfillment (both financially and emotionally).
Running a successful fansite is so much harder than it looks! Why not open up your own entrepreneurial website and put your brain-power to use?
I've written content for many young teens who have fantastic, innovative ideas for new web-based businesses and I believe that what these guys are doing is great.
Who knows? In 10 years, they may be billionaires. Look at Myspace, youtube and google.

Kids,
eat your weet-bix, drink your decaff-cappuccinos and get your brains working towards someting worthwhile!

:)

Protege
19-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Though most of us in D&D don't have a fansite or did a while back. You can get the occasional flood of people with fansites coming here but really you don't see many habbo fansites popping up _here_

I dont think you wheree trying to insult people but I felt insulted when I read that - dont worry I'll cut myself tonight in the corner.

Daphne,
19-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Though most of us in D&D don't have a fansite or did a while back. You can get the occasional flood of people with fansites coming here but really you don't see many habbo fansites popping up _here_

I dont think you wheree trying to insult people but I felt insulted when I read that - dont worry I'll cut myself tonight in the corner.

n'awhh no I wasnt trying to insult. I was genuinely hoping that some kids planning to start a fansite will read it and maybe think twice. I mean, I once did the whole fansite-thing and was just stating the fact =]
Though at the same time, I'm sure i'll be hit with "it's a free country, rah rah rah".
Basically just my opinion. You're right though, they mainly come in bursts.

Protege
19-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Well making a fansite is like a stepping stone, gives the person something to make a site about and teaches them the basics (well hopefully if they don't rip).

Though however, the one thing I hate about fansite owners is if the owner doesn't do anything on the site and just asks others to do it, so in turn he/she can feed off of the hard work that others have done.

Agnostic Bear
19-01-2009, 12:07 PM
drink your decaff-cappuccinos

That defeats the object of having a cappuccino, also you can't code without good coffee or at least 11 hours sleep.

HabbDance
19-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Well making a fansite is like a stepping stone, gives the person something to make a site about and teaches them the basics (well hopefully if they don't rip).

Though however, the one thing I hate about fansite owners is if the owner doesn't do anything on the site and just asks others to do it, so in turn he/she can feed off of the hard work that others have done.
It's true. My first fansite was a freewebs site :) Now I can design and code layouts, and do some other coding, fansites were a great experience for me. I also a gree with the thing about the asking for everything.

That defeats the object of having a cappuccino, also you can't code without good coffee or at least 11 hours sleep.
:P

Protege
19-01-2009, 12:38 PM

Though I have to agree

http://images.ciao.com/iuk/images/products/normal/056/product-6844056.jpg

Thats what you want, great deal at asda at christmas - I stocked up 10 boxes, but I finished them all ;(

Agnostic Bear
19-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Though I have to agree

Thats what you want, great deal at asda at christmas - I stocked up 10 boxes, but I finished them all ;(

Nescafé cappuccino, mocha, and pretty much everything that isn't gold blend, arab or columbian tastes crap.

By that I mean Nescafé stuff is crap, not mocha, mocha is great and fabulous and makes the world spin.

Protege
19-01-2009, 12:45 PM
I love their cappuccinos, I aint tried their mochas but I do love the Phillips senseo machine - makes nice coffeee ;)

Excellent2
19-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I sort of agree but for many, starting a habbo fansite has been the foundations or their success. Excluding the lazy owners, dedicated owners have designed or coded their own fansite which has spurred them on to create more and delve more into development.

Invent
19-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Habbo Fansites are very easy to make and very easy to get popular.

It's niche/unique websites that are hard to make and get popular.

Fehm
19-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I see where your coming from...
When i was around 11-12, joining habbo rerli getting into it, i wanted to make a fansite... and now im 15, i dont see the point in them! I guess i gained the little knowledge i have of webdesign and stuff from helping out fansites, and being able to experience that.. but now i am for bigger projects.. i guess you could call it a phase??.

Jackboy
19-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Though I have to agree

Omg I had them. My mum don't buy them anymore because I drink them like ****. I might invest in some soon :)

Protege
19-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah, thats what happened to me its a drug.

L?KE
22-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I swear nobody actually ever goes on a fansite anyway. Even the popular ones. What use is it... it teaches you how to play habbo, which isn't really a challenge, plays terrible quality music and has annoying DJs which are pre pubescent little rodents who spend their time r*ping habbo, and a waste of money and time.

I'll probs get flamed for that but I was bored and wanted to rant about something.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!