View Full Version : Coursework Marks

Favourtism
19-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey

At the moment im on a high cause in English I have;

Review Coursework (Quantum of Solace) - A*
Short Story - A*
Shakespeare Anylasis (MacBeth) - High B/ Low A

What I wanted to know is, can the actual marks for coursework differ much from the marks the teacher said it was, using the mark scheme.

Also what would I need to achieve in Paper A and Paper B, plus other coursework, to get an A or A*? Would you need A* in everything to get that as an overall grade.

Thanks

Technologic
19-01-2009, 03:49 PM
The teacher uses the mark scheme to mark the coursework... and no, you don't need to get all A*s

Alkaz
19-01-2009, 03:53 PM
In english normally, the majority grade will be the final end grade. Getting a few A/A*'s is good so just carry on doing it.

JackBuddy
19-01-2009, 04:07 PM
What happens is usually the exam board asks for the lowest, highest graded and a few in the middle to be sent to them. Somebody then marks them and compares his marks to your teachers marks. If your teacher marks too generously then your class would probably get marked down or marked up if he/she was being too harsh.

Soy
19-01-2009, 04:09 PM
The exam bored will just look through it and check that no favoritism is involved and maybe up or lower the grade as they see fit.

Kardan
19-01-2009, 04:11 PM
You wouldn't need an A* in everything to get an A*.

Inseriousity.
19-01-2009, 04:22 PM
I've been told before that moderators tend to agree with the majority of teacher's marks. For the minority, it's changed accordingly. So you should be pleased with what you've got :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!