PDA

View Full Version : Boot Problem [+REP!]

Kevin
19-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey,

Basically I just setup my new rig, and Tried to put vista on it, the Installation got to extracting data and then It gave me an error saying that it was corrupted, must have burnt it too fast but anywho

When I try to turn on my computer, I get this error

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/182571f3524996derror.jpg

It told me that vista was not installed, And to reboot.

Everytime i load up the PC now, it goes to that message

Any suggestions?

united-champ
19-01-2009, 03:57 PM
reformat or sumit, its looking that a essential part of the pc is missing weather or not thats actually vista or the Bios...

BOOTMGR is a CRUCIAL part. you might be ****** up here.

Kevin
19-01-2009, 04:08 PM
reformat or sumit, its looking that a essential part of the pc is missing weather or not thats actually vista or the Bios...

BOOTMGR is a CRUCIAL part. you might be ****** up here.

I'm trying to decipher what you just said, You tell me to reformat, but how am I supposed to reformat?

Having a look at some of your post's, it's quite obivious that you are trying to boost your post count

mb-group.net
19-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey,

Basically I just setup my new rig, and Tried to put vista on it, the Installation got to extracting data and then It gave me an error saying that it was corrupted, must have burnt it too fast but anywho

When I try to turn on my computer, I get this error

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/182571f3524996derror.jpg

It told me that vista was not installed, And to reboot.

Everytime i load up the PC now, it goes to that message

Any suggestions?

Try another Hard Drive - if it doesn't work you can flash the BIOS...

Kevin
19-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Try another Hard Drive - if it doesn't work you can flash the BIOS...

I only have one hard drive, how do I Flash the bios?

united-champ
19-01-2009, 04:27 PM
What, i dont raise my post count on purpose, i try to support you.

Lol, yeah u cant format because the HDD is damaged, BootMGR is on all hard drives and i think uve corrupted the hdd so you cant actually do anything because the bootmgr is corrupt, i say a new hdd unless you know a hdd specilist which still could mean a hefty fee.

:) up to you.

Oh and flashing the bios you need a cd i think for, or sumit on the hdd, its where you update the bios by 'flashing' new data onto it. (did i get that right) i dont know too much about bios's.

brandon
19-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Kevin
19-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Yea I have, but no luck :(

scottish
19-01-2009, 04:51 PM
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/fixing-bootmgr-is-missing-error-while-trying-to-boot-windows-vista/

united-champ
19-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Welldone, +rep for that! nice find.!

Kevin
19-01-2009, 05:05 PM
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/fixing-bootmgr-is-missing-error-while-trying-to-boot-windows-vista/

That's not going to work as I cannot get into the actual Os, it stops before loading it, Thanks anywho scott

united-champ
19-01-2009, 05:06 PM
did u try my suggestion?

scottish
19-01-2009, 05:08 PM
It worked when you first loaded it didn't it? cause the disk was corrupt was it not?

united-champ
19-01-2009, 05:10 PM
the disk is probs corrupt, you can probs gather that.
but i still dont see why u cant boot from the CD

u sure the bios states first boot device to CD / DVD drive??

Kevin
19-01-2009, 05:15 PM
the disk is probs corrupt, you can probs gather that.
but i still dont see why u cant boot from the CD

u sure the bios states first boot device to CD / DVD drive??

I cant change that anyway, as my keyboard wont work on bios.

united-champ
19-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Due to USB Legacy?

But usually the keyboard will work until the second phase of BIOS. if you can get into bios change it to USB legacy - YES / On bios / before Bio w.e

and u have to change it to something else than the HDD or else we're just gonna loop.

try hitting esc when it brings up hit ctrl n del to reboot.

Rapidshare
19-01-2009, 09:06 PM
YOu need to burn it on disc again, but seeing you ****** up the harddrive gr.

try another computer and burn another OS on the disc with slowest speed and install with that.

also, keyboard dont work cos you dont have the drivers for USB, meaning get the one that plugs in to that green thingy to the motherboard, as they dont need drivers xD

gl mate

Kevin
19-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Thank you everyone

Tomorrow I will have an old keyboard to try it out on,
I will post the results here, hopfully good :)

wish me luck

Tomm
19-01-2009, 10:39 PM
While I understand you are trying to help, giving false information is some what counter productive.

bootmgr is NOT on all hard drives. Take for example my hard drive with Linux installed on it or Windows XP you won't find bootmgr anywhere. Bootmgr is the boot manager for Windows Vista and later. A missing boot manager after the situation described by the OP does not point to a damaged or corrupt hard drive. Nor would flasing the BIOS do anything.

I assume since it is a new rig that you do not have any other operating systems installed on it? If so just burn the DVD again and reinstall.

However, if you have another operating system on it and you find you cannot boot try removing the hard drive you just attempted to install vista on (If it was a new hard drive you attempted to install it on) or if you were running XP previously boot from the XP cd and enter the recovery console and type fixmbr.

Although a simple complete install of Vista should fix your problem.

What, i dont raise my post count on purpose, i try to support you.

Lol, yeah u cant format because the HDD is damaged, BootMGR is on all hard drives and i think uve corrupted the hdd so you cant actually do anything because the bootmgr is corrupt, i say a new hdd unless you know a hdd specilist which still could mean a hefty fee.

:) up to you.

Oh and flashing the bios you need a cd i think for, or sumit on the hdd, its where you update the bios by 'flashing' new data onto it. (did i get that right) i dont know too much about bios's.

Zak
20-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Insert your Windows Vista Master Disk.
When computer is starting up and still on the BIOS press whatever it sez to access the boot menu (usually f8 or f12).
Then boot from disk.
Then follow the disks instructions.

scottish
20-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Insert your Windows Vista Master Disk.
When computer is starting up and still on the BIOS press whatever it sez to access the boot menu (usually f8 or f12).
Then boot from disk.
Then follow the disks instructions.

Try reading through threads before trying to get your post count boosted, it usually helps.

united-champ
20-01-2009, 04:21 PM
good luck on new keyboard. get back to us if it doesnt work.

scottish
20-01-2009, 04:24 PM
He got it and plugged it in but same problem with corrupted files on the installing windows so hes redownloading.

--liger--
25-01-2009, 11:26 PM
I know this is a late post, but I love technology and dont know if this solved or not. But Im good at fixing computers so here is what I need you to do before we go any farther.

I want you to turn off your system and let it reboot. As soon as you push the power button push the F8 key until a different window pops up. It will ask you if you wish to run in safe mode. hit Enter on that. It then should ask you what system. It could XP or VISTA. Click on VISTA and see what happens. If you get the bootmgr is missing do it in XP. If the XP part works you will need to insert your disk for Vista. If it doesnt open the download thingy just get to using my computer drive D:\. After you open do everyhting that you would normally do. BUT, after it installs, see if you can read everything it installed. You will then need to search for bootmgr or whatever it is. If you dont see it. Then make a copy cat file of it. If you dont know how to do that you will si ply need to tell me.

Kevin
26-01-2009, 04:05 PM
This is done and over with, I bought a PS/2 keyboard and it was reccognised by the BIOS

However, your soloution would have been no good as I was not able to get near vista at all, please do not bump, as it was sorted and please PLEASE read the thread before you post.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!