PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7? Worth it?

efq
19-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I was wondering, I'm not sure if I can keep my stuff if I go to Windows 7.

My statistics,

Vista (C:) 32.7 GB free of 74.3 GB
Data (E:) 63.5 GB free of 73.2 GB (Can free alot more up)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ntcirk.png

I can download this over tonight if I get replies.

Thread Closed by itsJOHNO (Forum Moderator): Closed due to arguments.

mb-group.net
20-01-2009, 08:14 AM
Windows 7 is slightly quicker than Vista, so if you can smoothly run Vista Home Premium on your computer, Windows 7 should run fine.

I just wouldn't recommend using it as your main OS, on your main computer as it is a little buggy still, I havent had any blue-screens but some people have.

Agnostic Bear
20-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Windows 7 is slightly quicker than Vista, so if you can smoothly run Vista Home Premium on your computer, Windows 7 should run fine.

I just wouldn't recommend using it as your main OS, on your main computer as it is a little buggy still, I havent had any blue-screens but some people have.

Slightly quicker than Vista? It's faster than XP, and that's saying something.

Coldplay
20-01-2009, 10:07 AM
I wouldn't for now, wait for the main OS to come out - and my Vista is pretty quick, but I run 64 bit.

HotelUser
20-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Slightly quicker than Vista? It's faster than XP.

It's fast, but not faster than XP:S

Agnostic Bear
20-01-2009, 11:13 AM
It's fast, but not faster than XP:S

yes it is, look for benchmarks chuckles

efq
20-01-2009, 07:29 PM
I can't get the wireless to work, I have installed it on a different partition.

HotelUser
23-01-2009, 11:33 AM
yes it is, look for benchmarks chuckles
Some multicore workload results:
http://i43.tinypic.com/10p1t7l.jpg

http://weblog.infoworld.com/labnotes/archives/2009/01/windows_on_mult_1.html

Windows 7 is not faster than XP;).

Agnostic Bear
23-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Some multicore workload results:
http://i43.tinypic.com/10p1t7l.jpg

http://weblog.infoworld.com/labnotes/archives/2009/01/windows_on_mult_1.html

Windows 7 is not faster than XP;).

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=3187
http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=3236&page=2

Yes it is. Find sites that use real tests.

blanky12!
23-01-2009, 03:05 PM

yes but thats the verion before 7000..

HotelUser
23-01-2009, 07:09 PM

Not only does the website I provided include more detailed information, but it uses a newer version. XP is faster.

Nick.
23-01-2009, 07:36 PM

shut up you fool.
not many people like you because you are such an arrogant **** who talks to everyone like you are the king or something. You are not, you are just some silly nerd who thinks they 'pwn teh worldz'. Go outside and see sunshine, chuckles xxxx ;)

And I'd wait for the main OS to come out @ OP. I'll be buying it then (if it isn't £140+ :rolleyes:)

Agnostic Bear
25-01-2009, 05:37 AM
shut up you fool.
not many people like you because you are such an arrogant **** who talks to everyone like you are the king or something. You are not, you are just some silly nerd who thinks they 'pwn teh worldz'. Go outside and see sunshine, chuckles xxxx ;)

And I'd wait for the main OS to come out @ OP. I'll be buying it then (if it isn't £140+ :rolleyes:)

I would love to pat you on your head and send you on your way, you are getting very angry for no reason, see I am the king because:

A) Burger King is far better than McDonalds
and
B) I do my research before saying anything.

Not everyone is like you and likes going outside and talking to people. Stop getting so flustered over me, I know I'm fabulous but you don't need to be like that.

yes but thats the verion before 7000..

Not only does the website I provided include more detailed information, but it uses a newer version. XP is faster.

HNNNNNNNNG then it should be faster 7000 should be faster than 6801. As is expected with more refined code.

Nick.
25-01-2009, 09:08 AM
I would love to pat you on your head and send you on your way, you are getting very angry for no reason, see I am the king because:

and

Not everyone is like you and likes going outside and talking to people. Stop getting so flustered over me, I know I'm fabulous but you don't need to be like that.

HNNNNNNNNG then it should be faster 7000 should be faster than 6801. As is expected with more refined code.
Wow... with every post you become more and more of an arrogant ****.

Agnostic Bear
25-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Wow... with every post you become more and more of an arrogant ****.

Please see my earlier post when I told you to stop getting flustered. This is nothing new with me :)

HotelUser
25-01-2009, 02:44 PM

and
No you don't. It's very seldom that one of your posts are constrictive. I think the majority of members who know you would agree that you're arrogant. You clearly don't do your research correctly. Posting benchmarks for older versions, and then saying Win7 is faster than XP when it is clearly not.

Irrelevant. My benchmarks were from a trusted source and with a newer version of Windows. They are more legitimate than the ones you posted for an older version. Always look at the latest version. I question the legitimacy of your website's test results anyways. Vista installs faster than XP? Vista and Windows 7 boot faster than XP (then using another computer the results are totally different?) Very doubtable...mine goes into fine detail about how the operating systems were tested, yours is quite vague.

DaveTaylor
25-01-2009, 03:00 PM
XP is slower than Windows 7 on my machine, my dads Mac Pro and my macbook, so I have to agree with Dan.

CHA!NGANG
25-01-2009, 03:01 PM
You have the same laptop as me :O I like it as it is with Vista, but I might upgrade it.

Agnostic Bear
25-01-2009, 03:07 PM
No you don't. It's very seldom that one of your posts are constrictive. I think the majority of members who know you would agree that you're arrogant. You clearly don't do your research correctly. Posting benchmarks for older versions, and then saying Win7 is faster than XP when it is clearly not.

Use XP, Use 7, stop being biased.

Irrelevant. My benchmarks were from a trusted source and with a newer version of Windows. They are more legitimate than the ones you posted for an older version. Always look at the latest version. I question the legitimacy of your website's test results anyways. Vista installs faster than XP? Vista and Windows 7 boot faster than XP (then using another computer the results are totally different?) Very doubtable...mine goes into fine detail about how the operating systems were tested, yours is quite vague.

Hurr durr doesn't matter 7 is still faster than XP, please see:

XP is slower than Windows 7 on my machine, my dads Mac Pro and my macbook, so I have to agree with Dan.

he never agrees with me so I must be right. The Dave Taylor has spoken.

It's faster than XP on my machine too.

HotelUser
25-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Use XP, Use 7, stop being biased.

Hurr durr doesn't matter 7 is still faster than XP, please see:

he never agrees with me so I must be right. The Dave Taylor has spoken.

It's faster than XP on my machine too.
People can use whatever they want. XP is faster, though. After having used Windows 7 myself, and seen the statistics comparing both operating systems it's obvious to me that XP is faster. Windows 7 isn't as bloated as Vista, but it's still bloated.

DaveTaylor
25-01-2009, 04:05 PM
People can use whatever they want. XP is faster, though. After having used Windows 7 myself, and seen the statistics comparing both operating systems it's obvious to me that XP is faster. Windows 7 isn't as bloated as Vista, but it's still bloated.

your wrong I am sorry, but deal with it, also we are trying to compare a beta OS to a what 3/4 year old mainstream OS?

N!ck
25-01-2009, 04:18 PM
your wrong I am sorry, but deal with it, also we are trying to compare a beta OS to a what 3/4 year old mainstream OS?

Way older than that. (unless you're counting service packs?)

DaveTaylor
25-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Way older than that. (unless you're counting service packs?)

I couldn't be arsed researching the age so I just guessed lol, what is like 7 actually?

N!ck
25-01-2009, 04:24 PM
I couldn't be arsed researching the age so I just guessed lol, what is like 7 actually?

Well i first had it in 2001 so 7-8 at least.

Edit: Wikipedia says 25th October 2001.

DaveTaylor
25-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Well i first had it in 2001 so 7-8 at least.

Edit: Wikipedia says 25th October 2001.

We are comparing 7+ years to what 7 month year old OS?

HotelUser
25-01-2009, 04:37 PM
your wrong I am sorry

I'm not wrong. So don't be sorry.

I think it's quite pathetic on Microsoft's part that we are able to compare XP and Windows 7 to see which is faster.

HotelUser
25-01-2009, 04:37 PM
your wrong I am sorry

I think it's quite pathetic on Microsoft's part that we are able to compare XP and Windows 7 to see which is faster.

DaveTaylor
25-01-2009, 04:40 PM

Everything gets benchmarked from games to even vbulletin on processing data etc, so what the **** are you on about?!

HotelUser
25-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Everything gets benchmarked from games to even vbulletin on processing data etc, so what the **** are you on about?!

What are you on about? All I said was it's quite pathetic that we can still compare a very old operating system to a new operating system to see which is better:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall.

DaveTaylor
25-01-2009, 04:52 PM
What are you on about? All I said was it's quite pathetic that we can still compare a very old operating system to a new operating system to see which is better:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall.

The way the world works and society is that we compare new to old, same as cars, same as Os's, TV's etc, it's a way of showing differences and the way technology is moving forward, ***, are you stupid? everything is benchmarked, compared, discussed, archived, and moving on.

Everything that has a newer version will be benchmarked from the old one.

HotelUser
25-01-2009, 05:05 PM
The way the world works and society is that we compare new to old, same as cars, same as Os's, TV's etc, it's a way of showing differences and the way technology is moving forward, ***, are you stupid? everything is benchmarked, compared, discussed, archived, and moving on.

Everything that has a newer version will be benchmarked from the old one.

We do compare new things to old things, yes. Though in the technology world comparing two operating systems made 8 years apart typically doesn't happen. I see many more XP vs Windows 7 than I did Vista vs Windows 98.

j2jcs
25-01-2009, 05:07 PM
In my opinion speed is irrelevant, naturally a newer version is likely to be quicker, but I don't see this as the point. The fact is that the BETA of Windows 7 has been out for a very short period of time in the scale of software development. Therefore, we must look at how stable 7 is. Yes it may seem perfectly stable on the top, but it really hasn't been widely available long enough for a conclusion to be drawn, and there could well be some serious holes beneath the surface, as there generally are in unstable software.

Based on that, I would stick with a stable system such as Vista, or even XP. Just my opinion.

Nick.
25-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Can I just say (without causing a out-roar) that I never remember OS X 10.5 being benchmarked against OS X 10.1. Similar time difference..

GommeInc
25-01-2009, 05:54 PM
You have the same laptop as me :O I like it as it is with Vista, but I might upgrade it.
I'm of the same opinion. Vista is perfectly fine for me at the moment. May consider it when the proper version is out though

Agnostic Bear
25-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Can I just say (without causing a out-roar) that I never remember OS X 10.5 being benchmarked against OS X 10.1. Similar time difference..

This is a list of people who care, or have ever cared about OS X 10.1:

HotelUser
25-01-2009, 08:07 PM

Did someone mention something about someone being arrogant:rolleyes:?

Agnostic Bear
25-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Did someone mention something about someone being arrogant:rolleyes:?

Yes they did, do you need me to read you the post or are you just playing pretend blind man?

N!ck
25-01-2009, 09:18 PM

I'm sure the people at least vaguely interested in Macs cared about it at the time as well as the people with a reasonable interest in technology who probably cared about seeing whether it was any good.

Why do you post to deliberately cause arguments? Do you want to come across as arrogant and for people not to like you? At least try to post constructively at some point in the foreseeable future :S.

HotelUser
25-01-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm sure the people at least vaguely interested in Macs cared about it at the time as well as the people with a reasonable interest in technology who probably cared about seeing whether it was any good.

Why do you post to deliberately cause arguments? Do you want to come across as arrogant and for people not to like you? At least try to post constructively at some point in the foreseeable future :S.

You have to understand, he's incapable of being even remotely reasonable. It would be interesting to see the response to what he's said at Macrumor forums.

N!ck
25-01-2009, 11:09 PM
You have to understand, he's incapable of being even remotely reasonable. It would be interesting to see the response to what he's said at Macrumor forums.

Well he's making very generalised assumptions that are extremely unlikely to be true.

If he's going to be right about almost everything, which it seems to me like his aim, then he needs to grow up a little and make absolutely sure he is thorough in what he posts.

Agnostic Bear
26-01-2009, 06:16 AM

Macrumor forums? That's a bunch of trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls etc etc, no good content ever comes from there.

Also @ N!ck, I try to be right wherever I can but occasionally I am wrong, I know that and admit it when I am.

Nick.
26-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Macrumor forums? That's a bunch of trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls etc etc, no good content ever comes from there.

Also @ N!ck, I try to be right wherever I can but occasionally I am wrong, I know that and admit it when I am.
Oh shut up, please. You don't know ****.

Agnostic Bear
26-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Oh shut up, please. You don't know ****.

Please refer to earlier post where I tell you to stop getting flustered, and stop getting flustered.

Thanks in advance! :)

Blinger1
26-01-2009, 09:46 AM
We do compare new things to old things, yes. Though in the technology world comparing two operating systems made 8 years apart typically doesn't happen. I see many more XP vs Windows 7 than I did Vista vs Windows 98.

BUT THEY ARE 9 YEARS APART :eusa_wall :eusa_ange :blue_shoc!!

In all serious now, i reckon Windows 7 looks amazing :D

HotelUser
26-01-2009, 11:12 AM
You clearly don't have any idea what you're talking about. It's quite obvious you're saying whatever you can (no matter how idiotic it sounds) to continue this argument.

Also @ N!ck, I try to be right wherever I can but occasionally I am wrongIt's far more than occasionally.
I know that and admit it when I am.
No you don't?

Agnostic Bear
26-01-2009, 11:47 AM
You clearly don't have any idea what you're talking about. It's quite obvious you're saying whatever you can (no matter how idiotic it sounds) to continue this argument.
And damn here I am thinking that the sensible thing to do would be to ignore someone causing problems, it looks like you're not very sensible :)

It's far more than occasionally.
No it's not :)

No you don't?

Yes I do, you just don't look in the right sections. Now calm down and go to macrumors and drool at the new iProduct :)

Colin-Roberts
26-01-2009, 12:20 PM
windows 7 is faster and comparing to xp to windows 7 is hardly a decent comparison.. windows 7 has more features so offcourse that will make it not as fast as xp which has alot less features./

Nick.
26-01-2009, 06:18 PM
BUT THEY ARE 9 YEARS APART :eusa_wall :eusa_ange :blue_shoc!!

In all serious now, i reckon Windows 7 looks amazing :D
XP and Windows 7 are 8 years apart lols :S

HotelUser
26-01-2009, 06:42 PM
And damn here I am thinking that the sensible thing to do would be to ignore someone causing problems, it looks like you're not very sensible :)
Says the man who insults a forum community that's been around for 9 years, and has members old enough to be your grandfather. I guess sensible people don't exist in this thread?:):)

No it's not :)
HNNNNNNNNNNG Yes it is:):):)

Yes I do, you just don't look in the right sections. Now calm down and go to macrumors and drool at the new iProduct :)
The perfect MS fanboy response:):):):):):):):):)

windows 7 is faster and comparing to xp to windows 7 is hardly a decent comparison.. windows 7 has more features so offcourse that will make it not as fast as xp which has alot less features./

There are more features in Windows 7. Personally I prefer speed over the features Windows 7 or Vista offered. Vista was bloated, and made every computer I owned with Vista suck. Winows 7 is an improvement, yeah, but it still doesn't beat XP. I'm not going to run Vista or Windows 7 on my low powered Intel Atom netbook, or VMware Fusion on my iMac. Even if either of these two environments had 3x the power they do, XP would still out preform its younger sibblings. The problem I have with Jewish Bear, is that he's one of those people who always want the latest, and newest from Microsoft because he thinks, "it's the newest thing on the market, so it's better." Microsoft can no longer make an operating system, they can just sell one. Jewish Bear insults modern Macs, despite actually using one for his main computer. He assumes Mac users are only Mac users and hate Microsoft with a passion. When I post statistics comparing Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 from a trusted source (and from a source featured on Engadget) that gives you substantial information about what tests were orchestrated (as so one may replicate the tests to verify they're genuine and so we can easily find out if the tester is dishonest), he Googles statistics with questionable results and vague details, comparing XP to an old version of Windows 7. Of course, when I praised MacRumors, what else could he do but put MacRumors down? This is why, I seldom take what Jewish Bear says seriously. He is incapible of making a constructive post.

Agnostic Bear
26-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Says the man who insults a forum community that's been around for 9 years, and has members old enough to be your grandfather. I guess sensible people don't exist in this thread?:):)
Thanks for calling me a man, no, yes, not you. 42.

The perfect MS fanboy response:):):):):):):):):)

Not a fanboy, I hate all operating systems, I just hate Windows the least because it's excellent for gaming.

There are more features in Windows 7. Personally I prefer speed over the features Windows 7 or Vista offered. Vista was bloated, and made every computer I owned with Vista suck. Winows 7 is an improvement, yeah, but it still doesn't beat XP. I'm not going to run Vista or Windows 7 on my low powered Intel Atom netbook, or VMware Fusion on my iMac. Even if either of these two environments had 3x the power they do, XP would still out preform its younger sibblings.
You've been told that 7 is faster than XP, when will this sink in?

The problem I have with Jewish Bear, is that he's one of those people who always want the latest, and newest from Microsoft because he thinks, "it's the newest thing on the market, so it's better."
I want the latest and greatest from everything, you see unlike yourself who is quite content with your iMac and such, which is all fine and dandy, I prefer getting ahead of the game with beta software, new hardware and the like. I don't say things are better if they're not. Vista is better than XP and 7 is better than Vista.

Microsoft can no longer make an operating system, they can just sell one.
Your logic is flawed.

Jewish Bear insults modern Macs, despite actually using one for his main computer.
I don't use a mac, I never have and I never will. My computer will always be far more powerful than your "iMac".

Of course, when I praised MacRumors, what else could he do but put MacRumors down? This is why, I seldom take what Jewish Bear says seriously. He is incapible of making a constructive post.

You don't realise anyone who takes tech seriously laughs at macrumors for hosting a community of ******s and a full stack of crap news. I am very capable of making a constructive post you just don't view my constructive posts (see: something awful)

Edit: forgot a huge chunk of your blogpost:

When I post statistics comparing Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 from a trusted source (and from a source featured on Engadget) that gives you substantial information about what tests were orchestrated (as so one may replicate the tests to verify they're genuine and so we can easily find out if the tester is dishonest), he Googles statistics with questionable results and vague details, comparing XP to an old version of Windows 7.
Engadget is about as reliable as macrumors, nobody knowledgeable takes any of that network seriously, they're just a bunch of GUYS reviewing games. ZDNet is a large, relatively reliable place to get tech news as it has so many authors and fanboys on both sites it's hard to say it's biased one way or another.

Colin-Roberts
27-01-2009, 12:31 AM
bit-tech are very trusted news sources which actually do reliable tests. I will wait to see what they say before i think of downloading it as a main operating system

HotelUser
27-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Not a fanboy, I hate all operating systems, I just hate Windows the least because it's excellent for gaming.
Seeing as you've never owned A Mac and therefore never used OSX as your main OS or you've never used every last Linux Distro on the planet suitable for a desktop, I'd say that your statement is ridiculously stupid.

You've been told that 7 is faster than XP, when will this sink in?
Before responding to a post, read the entire thread. As I previously stated I already tried Windows 7. It was faster than Vista but slower than XP.

I want the latest and greatest from everything, you see unlike yourself who is quite content with your iMac and such, which is all fine and dandy, I prefer getting ahead of the game with beta software, new hardware and the like. I don't say things are better if they're not. Vista is better than XP and 7 is better than Vista.
In your own opinion it's better. Then again you said you want the latest and greatest from everything. Therefore you probably think it's better than XP because it's newer.

Your logic is flawed.
You've failed to elaborate.

I don't use a mac, I never have and I never will. My computer will always be far more powerful than your "iMac".
Any negative things you say about Macs I'll simply ignore. You have never owned a Mac, therefore you're not able to judge them properly. Until you've actually had the experience of using a Mac and OSX any remarks you make about them are irrelevant and completely pointless.

As long as you're running a bloated unstable operating system your PC is as good as crap IMO.

You don't realise anyone who takes tech seriously laughs at macrumors for hosting a community of ******s and a full stack of crap news. I am very capable of making a constructive post you just don't view my constructive posts (see: something awful)
Never in a million years would I even suggest that you take tech seriously, or even remotely know what you're talking about. Therefore you wouldn't know; sorry!

Edit: forgot a huge chunk of your blogpost:

Engadget is about as reliable as macrumors, nobody knowledgeable takes any of that network seriously, they're just a bunch of GUYS reviewing games. ZDNet is a large, relatively reliable place to get tech news as it has so many authors and fanboys on both sites it's hard to say it's biased one way or another.
So a tech blog in 7 different languages with an Alexa rating of 1,360 is just guys reviewing games? Out of the 15 articles on their homepage, not one is reviewing games. Your obvious stupidity regarding Engadget just proves my point. You don't know anything about Engadget, but since I praised Engadget and you want to continue this argument, you have to flame Engadget.

I think if I showed this thread to any MacRumor forum users, Engadget viewers or even CNET viewers they'd most likely think you were a joke. In all the years I've been at HxF I've never seen such a misguided user in the Technology section. Walk out side, throw away your computer. Try doing something you're good at.

Agnostic Bear
27-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Seeing as you've never owned A Mac and therefore never used OSX as your main OS or you've never used every last Linux Distro on the planet suitable for a desktop, I'd say that your statement is ridiculously stupid.

Sorry are you mentally ill, I use OS X, Linux and Windows regularly, Linux not so much, you don't need a mac to use OS X.

Before responding to a post, read the entire thread. As I previously stated I already tried Windows 7. It was faster than Vista but slower than XP.

Herp de derp more people have said it's faster.

Your own ignorance is amusing. The latest is certainly not always the best.

It's an expression chuckles.

You've failed to elaborate.

They make operating systems.

Any negative things you say about Macs I'll simply ignore. You have never owned a Mac, therefore you're not able to judge them properly. Until you've actually had the experience of using a Mac and OSX any remarks you make about them are irrelevant and completely pointless.

Hurf durf using a mac is just like any other pc, just with a UNIBODY ALUMINIUM CASE.

Let's put it this way, I've been using OS X on and off for more than 2 years now ;)

Never in a million years would I even suggest that you take tech seriously, or even remotely know what you're talking about. Therefore you wouldn't know; sorry!

I would, I do, I build therefore I am.

So a tech blog in 7 different languages with an Alexa rating of 1,360 is just guys reviewing games? Out of the 15 articles on their homepage, not one is reviewing games. You're obvious stupidity regarding Engadget just proves my point. You don't know anything about Engadget, but since I praised Engadget and you want to continue this argument, you have to flame Engadget.

Already done that. Move along and get with the times.

I think if I showed this thread to any MacRumor forum users, Engadget viewers or even CNET viewers they'd most likely think you were a joke. In all the years I've been at HxF I've never seen such a missguided user in the Technology section.

MacRumor users are all idiots that LOEV THE MAC like it's some sort of futuristic machine from the year 3000 (no, they do not live underwater).

Engadget viewers are just there to look at the shiny pictures.

Who cares about CNET?

Also, as you seem quite content about going on about this "misguided" thing, I've been dealing with tech problems, fixing pcs, doodling with macs and such, building machines and testing them for several years, I think I'm a wee bit more qualified than you to rant about useless hardware in macs and useless software in OS X.

The ball is in your court now boy, lets see you cloud my experience over with "HURF DURF JSUT CAUSE YOU USE PC FOR YEARS DOESN'T MEAN U CAN REVIEW!!!!!!!!! AND JUGE OS X"

Yes it does, yes I do, yes I can.

GoldenMerc
27-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Nah XP will be faster by far, so why change :P

HotelUser
27-01-2009, 04:07 PM
you don't need a mac to use OS X.
Pardon me for not assuming that you fail to abide by the law.

Herp de derp more people have said it's faster.
herp de derp, smarter people have said it isn't.

You abide by it, expression or not.

They make operating systems.

Hurf durf using a mac is just like any other pc, just with a UNIBODY ALUMINIUM CASE.

Let's put it this way, I've been using OS X on and off for more than 2 years now ;)
People who can afford real Macs and don't wish to be in Pystar's shoes actually buy a Mac manufactured by Apple. I'm one of these people.

I would, I do, I build therefore I am.
BUUUUUUUR. Wrong;).

Already done that. Move along and get with the times.
Not a worthy response to what I said at all.

MacRumor users are all idiots that LOEV THE MAC
Yeah, especially the users in the Windows section who love Windows 7 as much as you?

Engadget viewers are just there to look at the shiny pictures. Who cares about CNET?
Another case of opposing what I like to continue arguing.

Also, as you seem quite content about going on about this "misguided" thing, I've been dealing with tech problems, fixing pcs, doodling with macs and such, building machines and testing them for several years, I think I'm a wee bit more qualified than you to rant about useless hardware in macs and useless software in OS X.
You're not some tech god we're all going to worship. Based on what you post I'd say you're not at all more qualified than me. There are a lot more users in the tech section smarter and more experienced than you.

You say you fix pcs and screw around with computers as if nobody else in this section does either. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you're the only user in this section who thinks they're "tech savy".

The ball is in your court now boy, lets see you cloud my experience over with "HURF DURF JSUT CAUSE YOU USE PC FOR YEARS DOESN'T MEAN U CAN REVIEW!!!!!!!!! AND JUGE OS X"

Once again you assume you're the only one with experience working with computers. In your case I'd even say your experience doesn't speak for much, as a lot of what you say are the words of an idiot.

You've not said anything logical, nor have you provided me with any proof that what you're saying is genuine. Do you think by saying irrational things and not providing proof is a plausible thing to do? Do you think people will believe you when you can't be bothered to even attempt to to prove what you're saying is genuine?

Stop making funny sounds at me, and start being logical thanks;).

Agnostic Bear
27-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Thankyou for pressing enter twice after each quote, it makes it much easier for me to reply.

Pardon me for not assuming that you fail to abide by the law.
Like you do?

herp de derp, smarter people have said it isn't.
No they haven't. Tech sites != smarter people.

You abide by it, expression or not.
No I don't.

People who can afford real Macs and don't wish to be in Pystar's shoes actually buy a Mac manufactured by Apple. I'm one of these people.
My computer is far less expensive expensive than a "Mac" and yet performs so very much better, who's the smart one here?

BUUUUUUUR. Wrong;).
Wrong.

Not a worthy response to what I said at all.
Considering what I can tell from several members of this forum I've asked and their attitude to you, "eat ****" would be a worthy response to most of your posts. Not that I'd answer with that.

Yeah, especially the users in the Windows section who love Windows 7 as much as you?
I don't "Love" Windows 7, I just like it. I don't know where you're getting this love crap from I see a good OS I praise a good OS.

Another case of opposing what I like to continue arguing.
That's the whole point of an argument, opposition.

You're not some tech god we're all going to worship. Based on what you post I'd say you're not at all more qualified than me. There are a lot more users in the tech section smarter and more experienced than you.
Sure there are, I'm just one of the smarter ones is all. And I'd imagine (Seeming as Dave did, and he's probably one of the smartest ones) they'd agree with me about 7 aswell.

You say you fix pcs and screw around with computers as if nobody else in this section does either. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you're the only user in this section who thinks they're "tech savy".
It's meant towards you muffin cakes, that's the point of an argument, to use points against each other until one either admits defeat or the argument comes to a point where there is nothing to argue about anymore.

Once again you assume you're the only one with expierience working with computers. In your case I'd even say your expierience doesn't speak for much, as a lot of what you say are the words of an idiot.
They're the words of a well trained gentleman.

You've not said anything logical, nor have you provided me with any proof that what you're saying is genuine. Do you think by saying irrational things and not providing proof is a plausable thing to do? Do you think people will believe you when you can't prove what you're saying?

Do you know what logical means? Apparently not. (Don't wikipedia it).

HotelUser
27-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Thankyou for pressing enter twice after each quote, it makes it much easier for me to reply.
You're welcome.

Like you do?
I haven't, nor will I pirate OSX.

No they haven't. Tech sites != smarter people.
I spot an error in your code. I would trust a tech site reviewer who gets paid to do reviews and is experienced doing reviews over some arrogant kid on HxF.

No I don't.
Yes you do.

My computer is far less expensive expensive than a "Mac" and yet performs so very much better, who's the smart one here?
I have a nice all in one unit, running a genuine non-illegal operating system with an ALUMINUM BODY CASE. Obviously price doesn't matter to me, though if it did I could justify that the HP all-in-one equivalent of an iMac is in the same price range. Also, I can justify that the extra money is worth it, as I'm getting a much more secure and stable operating system.

Wrong.
Don't you mean BUUUUUUR wrong?

Considering what I can tell from several members of this forum I've asked and their attitude to you, "eat ****" would be a worthy response to most of your posts. Not that I'd answer with that.
They must not be very smart users, if they'd tell someone else to eat ****

I don't "Love" Windows 7, I just like it. I don't know where you're getting this love crap from I see a good OS I praise a good OS.
You love it because it's the latest operating system from Microsoft.

That's the whole point of an argument, opposition.
disagreeing with someone for the sake of disagreeing. You're very mature.

Sure there are, I'm just one of the smarter ones is all.
Well....you made me laugh. The stupidity you've shown us in this thread alone is enough to justify that you're not one of the smarter ones.

It's meant towards you muffin cakes, that's the point of an argument, to use points against each other until one either admits defeat or the argument comes to a point where there is nothing to argue about anymore.
You should also back up your claims as well as you can. This you've failed to do.

They're the words of a well trained gentleman.
Don't flatter me.

Do you know what logical means? Apparently not. (Don't wikipedia it).
You certainly don't know what logical means. Half of what you say are your bias opinions. When you do try to say a fact it's typically wrong, and unsupported by evidence.

Agnostic Bear
27-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I haven't, nor will I pirate OSX.
I wasn't on about just OS X.

I spot an error in your code.
pseudocode

I would trust a tech site reviewer who gets paid to do reviews and is experienced doing reviews over some arrogant kid on HxF.

I wouldn't trust them, nor would I trust the kid, but then again I'm not a kid I'm an expert programmer.

Yes you do.

No I don't.

I have a nice all in one unit, running a genuine non-illegal operating system with an ALUMINUM BODY CASE.

I have a nice powerful computer running a genuine non-illegal operating system with a HARD STEEL CASE. And blue LEDs to make it go faster.

Obviously price doesn't matter to me, though if it did I could justify that the HP all-in-one equivalent of an iMac is in the same price range. Also, I can justify that the extra money is worth it, as I'm getting a much more secure and stable operating system.

OS X isn't any more stable than Windows Vista on the right hardware. You're paying for overpriced off-the-shelf hardware. Enjoy doing that.

Don't you mean BUUUUUUR wrong?

No I mean Wrong.

They must not be very smart users, if they'd tell someone else to eat ****

They're a lot smarter than you are.

You love it because it's the latest operating system from Microsoft.

I don't love it at all.

disagreeing with someone for the sake of disagreeing. You're very mature.

To put it in your words "disagreeing with someone for the sake of disagreeing. You're very mature."

Well....you made me laugh. The stupidity you've shown us in this thread alone is enough to justify that you're not one of the smarter ones.

No you're just seeing stupidity cause you're dim, and that's what this argument is about, dim people arguing with non dim people.

You should also back up your claims as well as you can. This you've failed to do.
:toot: most things can be found by googling! google is a useful tool.

Don't flatter me.

I was referring to myself. Not that you'd pick up on that :)

You certainly don't know what logical means. Half of what you say are your bias opinions. When you do try to say a fact it's typically wrong, and unsupported by evidence.

All I have to say to that is: Intentional Logical Fallacies.

Tomm
27-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Windows 7 is faster than XP.
Fact.

Move on.

DaveTaylor
27-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Windows 7 is faster than XP.
Fact.

Move on.

c00kie for tom :)

Agnostic Bear
27-01-2009, 05:50 PM
c00kie for tom :)

Seconding that!

HotelUser
27-01-2009, 06:11 PM
pseudocode
Are you an idiot? The problem was you says tech sites are not smarter people, when you should have said tech sites = smarter people

I wouldn't trust them, nor would I trust the kid, but then again I'm not a kid I'm an expert programmer.
LOL no you're not.

No I don't.
Yes you do.

I have a nice powerful computer running a genuine non-illegal operating system with a HARD STEEL CASE. And blue LEDs to make it go faster.

I was referring to your hackintosh being illegal.

ew @ HARD STEEL CASE;).

OS X isn't any more stable than Windows Vista on the right hardware. You're paying for overpriced off-the-shelf hardware. Enjoy doing that.
OSX is more stable than Windows Vista. Do you even have any idea what you're saying?

No I mean Wrong.
So you're stopping making those childish and useless sounds then?

They're a lot smarter than you are.
Depends on which users they are.

I don't love it at all.
Liar.

No you're just seeing stupidity cause you're dim, and that's what this argument is about, dim people arguing with non dim people.
You being the dim people.

:toot: most things can be found by googling! google is a useful tool.
You should use it more often to provide evidence for what you say.

I was referring to myself. Not that you'd pick up on that :)
You must not have gotten the sarcasm in that.

All I have to say to that is: Intentional Logical Fallacies.
I stand by what I said.

Agnostic Bear
27-01-2009, 06:16 PM
You have fun with your arguments HotelUser I am going to shut up like Tomm said and just nod and agree with him.

HotelUser
27-01-2009, 06:26 PM
You have fun with your arguments HotelUser Do not forget that you were a participant (and instigator) of this argument.
I am going to shut up like Tomm said and just nod and agree with him.
We will agree to disagree;).

GoldenMerc
27-01-2009, 06:29 PM
I've loked at many reviews commparing Windows 7 and XP, and the majority even say that XP is faster than WIndows 7

Scania
27-01-2009, 06:30 PM
IMHO, XP is faster than 7.

x-glow
27-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Umm Id use windows 7 as it i fatsre than vista and XP Tbh Im runing XP on my laptop and computer as I hatew vista but u know im geting windows 7 :P

Nick.
29-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Umm Id use windows 7 as it i fatsre than vista and XP Tbh Im runing XP on my laptop and computer as I hatew vista but u know im geting windows 7 :P
Sorry but, you don't seem to have any experience using Windows 8 say how can you say it is? at least you don't seem to have ever used it. Anyway it's your opinion which is faster, not fact.

DaveTaylor
29-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Sorry but, you don't seem to have any experience using Windows 8 say how can you say it is? at least you don't seem to have ever used it. Anyway it's your opinion which is faster, not fact.

ZOMG WINDOWS 8, DOWNLOAD LINK PLOX

Colin-Roberts
29-01-2009, 11:08 PM
As Dave has said, using actual facts and proving tests not individual experiences in general/ on average windows 7 is faster then windows xp. Mac being more stable then windows vista? I don't think so. if you look at the market percentage and other variables, macs and windows would be a lot more comparable in errors.

HotelUser
30-01-2009, 01:32 AM
As Dave has said, using actual facts and proving tests not individual experiences in general/ on average windows 7 is faster then windows xp. Mac being more stable then windows vista? I don't think so. if you look at the market percentage and other variables, macs and windows would be a lot more comparable in errors.

There's a lot of statistics saying XP is faster than Windows 7 too.

Are you saying that the more users an operating system has, the more errors it has:S

Agnostic Bear
30-01-2009, 01:48 AM
There's a lot of statistics saying XP is faster than Windows 7 too.

Are you saying that the more users an operating system has, the more errors it has:S

That stands to reason.

HotelUser
30-01-2009, 07:04 PM
That stands to reason.
The Windows developers did more poorly because there's more Windows users then:P?

e5
30-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Windows 7 is really good according to my mum...

x-glow
30-01-2009, 07:21 PM
I have got Widnows 7 as it is On my Laptop, And Yes I guess it is my opinion but it is faster than this computer (XP)

Agnostic Bear
30-01-2009, 08:20 PM
The Windows developers did more poorly because there's more Windows users then:P?

No moron, the more people that use an OS the more errors in total occur.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!