PDA

View Full Version : Possible for smithing to make you money?

Mint
20-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Soz for making another thread as I'm sure we are all tired of people making threads that they could easily be googled but this one I can't and may interest others.

We all know that mining + smithing can make loads of money but when it comes to just smithing, is there any types of ore that you can buy and make a certain type of armour/weapon out of and actually make a proffit?

N!ck
20-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Making steel bars or cannonballs. Or do the blast furnace.

Inseriousity.
20-01-2009, 06:16 PM
If you do all the steps yourself, you make a profit anyway. I recently paid for coal+iron for steel bars on grand exchange (first time I've done that!) and it'll be a long time before I make a profit from it. I think you'd need to be a really high level before you start making profit from it. Started in year 7 and made the nooby mistake of saying "I'm gonna make money from smithing!" LOL, everyone was earning millions and I was earning thousands really. I still smith now (still trying to prove them wrong).

IceNineKills
20-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Soz for making another thread as I'm sure we are all tired of people making threads that they could easily be googled but this one I can't and may interest others.

We all know that mining + smithing can make loads of money but when it comes to just smithing, is there any types of ore that you can buy and make a certain type of armour/weapon out of and actually make a proffit?

lol at the first bit but i wont cause an argument.

Smithing is one of those skills that if you want high you'll need to be prepared to loose money. Unless you want to spend many months constantly making cannonballs for hardly any profit.

Rashelly
20-01-2009, 07:10 PM
You could make money buy smithing steel bars. It would take ages though.
Or you could use superheat item, which gives mage and smithing exp...It would still take ages though.

[Jay]
20-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Not worth getting 99 smithing for the money
just do cannon balls

alotest
24-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Cannon balls are rubbish -

Rings of forging + iron ore into bars for money from smithing

Hated
24-01-2009, 11:42 AM
I've got 80 smithing and it only cost about 8m using addy bars it's not making money but its only pocket change to get it to quite a decent level.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!