PDA

View Full Version : Getting new phone +rep

ToxicPaddy
20-01-2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_payg_details.asp?ItemKey=167943&MPItemKey=171865

Reckon its any good? +rep for answers

irJen
20-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Camera's not great tbh, but for that price why not!

Crimson
20-01-2009, 09:22 PM
It's nice, but Sony Ericsson's have a bad tendancy to break really really quickly.. or just go faulty. I've had a couple and every time they've failed on me.

ToxicPaddy
20-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks for your help, +rep :)

jony080
21-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Sony Ericssons seem to be hard wearing, my friend's got run over by a car with only a few scratches on it. After deciding that our phones are indestructible, we started hitting them off one another, which must have done something to some internal malarky, because now mine is crashing a lot. Plus, I had to get a new one after I texted too much on my last Sony, which more or less broke all the keys. That, and give it a few more months, and most Sonys will look like bricks.
But at that price, I reckon that there's not much that could go wrong. :D
And it's pay as you go, so you're not locked into staying with that one phone for months and months. Plus it's Orange, who are probably the best network in terms of price, and customer service. No idea about coverage though. :eusa_thin

Coheed&Cambria
25-01-2009, 07:27 PM
It's nice, but Sony Ericsson's have a bad tendancy to break really really quickly.. or just go faulty. I've had a couple and every time they've failed on me.

Yeah my w910i keeps freezing and going to a black screen. And when it does that the battery proper overheats and wastes lots of my charge ;[

Josh-H
25-01-2009, 07:30 PM
It's ok for the price really.

I've never had a problem with my old SE, W800i, it had 2 years of hard use and is fine.

Hurtone
26-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Like all of my mates have that phone but the only problem is that it decides to make the screen go funny then it goes back.

Ashhizzle
30-01-2009, 11:03 PM
What sony ericsson did you have?

I dropped my w810i off the top of stealth, at thorpe park... The only thing broken was the screen!

Build like tanks imo.

And the buttons on that phone have a tendancy to break...

(Y)

Jam
31-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Samsung E250. Pretty poor, but £30. As I make a call about once every year when I want a lift, as I only leave the house once a year, its good.

Or, iPhone. I love my iTouch, but prefered 32GB over 8GB + Phone/GPS.

Don't buy BlackBerry storm. Someone in my class just got one that will cost him £840 over 2 years. Its like a fat iPhone without an iPod :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!