PDA

View Full Version : Man City after Drogba

Arron
22-01-2009, 08:14 AM
As I was delivering papers today it mentioned that City's next bid will go to Didier Drogba who plays for Chelsea :)

Anyone got more information on this? :)

Immenseman
22-01-2009, 10:49 AM
i think he'd happily leave chelsea, i reckon he'd prefer to go abroad though.

Excellent2
22-01-2009, 11:25 AM
i think he'd happily leave chelsea, i reckon he'd prefer to go abroad though.Drogba would do anything for money.

Loser
22-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Anyone got more information on this? :)

It was in The Sun, so it's ********.

leah
22-01-2009, 02:12 PM
he'll go to where ever the money is, most footballers are like that.
I saw him in a game the other day against man u
he was having a bit of a mare

Immenseman
22-01-2009, 04:04 PM
That's a stupid thing to say "most footballers are like that" have you met every single footballer, no thnx. A lot love the clubs they play for. I think Drogba would take less money from Inter to team up with Mourinho.

e5
22-01-2009, 04:05 PM
If they offered the right amount, he'd just go coz he dunt wna stay at Chelsea

Immenseman
22-01-2009, 04:06 PM
yeah - if he wants to leave he'll take a route out

much like robinho

Jack.Lfc
22-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Drogba's lost it anyway.

Skajo
22-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Drogba's lost it anyway.
You mean he actually had it?

Jack.Lfc
22-01-2009, 04:27 PM
You mean he actually had it?

Drogba WAS a great striker

efq
22-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't get this, they set a 20m or 30m £ budget to get players. Well they broke that and now they're buying tons of strikers... They already have over 11+ strikers.

Immenseman
22-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Manchester City manager Mark Hughes is refusing to rule out bidding for Didier Drogba after being linked with Chelsea's Ivory Coast international.
With reports indicating Robinho may be mulling over his future it has been suggested City could strike a deal with Chelsea that sees out-of-sorts Drogba move in the opposite direction.
It had been thought Chelsea, who narrowly missed out in Robinho's signature from Real Madrid, could make a fresh move for the striker allowing him to link up with Luiz Felipe Scolari in the process.
However, Hughes has categorically stated Robinho, who left the club's training camp in Tenerife without permission earlier this week, will not be leaving the club anytime soon.
No debate

"That's not up for debate," he told Sky Sports News on Robinho's future.
"There's always speculation about our players and players that we don't have. So we're quite used to that at the moment.
"Basically there are stories about every player and every top club in the world at the moment and we're allegedly linked with everybody," he commented on being linked with Drogba.
"Until we actually make bids for players then I really can't discuss other players.
"It's a situation we're trying to keep a lid on but there's so much speculation I shouldn't have to add to it."

Minstrels
22-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Hughes didn't rule a move out in the PC today so who knows. I'll believe it when I see it.

Jo, Robinho, Bellamy, Bojinov, Caicedo, Evans, Benjani, Sturridge and Vassell.

Out of those Robinho doesn't play in a strikers role for us, he's more of a AM with free roam rights. Jo is in his first season and hasn't hit the ground running, he needs time. Bellamy is new so that's one out of two strikers done. Bojinov is injured. Caicedo is young and needs to learn the game, same as Evans and Sturridge. However I believe we should sell Evans because he hasn't got it, ease Stud and Cas into the game. Benjani is 30 now, he's aging. Vassell... well is Vassell.

So out of those I would only choose want to start as a ST, Bellamy. Ease Cas, Stud and Jo into the PL by giving them the game here and their.

Immenseman
22-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Jo is crap. Celtic said they're interested in Evans (sure I saw it somewhere).

Excellent2
22-01-2009, 10:20 PM
On skysports it even said Pity were after Henry :S

luce
22-01-2009, 10:31 PM
his heart isn't in it for CFC anymore so he will go now or in the summer duno where though. Unlikly to be city though

Technologic
22-01-2009, 10:44 PM
city can buy all the strikers they want.

they still have a ****** defence

efq
22-01-2009, 10:49 PM
city can buy all the strikers they want.

they still have a ****** defence
My point exactly.

Jordie
22-01-2009, 11:14 PM
he looks slow, unfit and seems to have absolutely no interest in playing for chelsea atm.

Geraint
22-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Do you blame him for not wanting to play for Chelsea? He's done everything right for Chelsea, Anelka comes in and out he goes. Don't see why he'd go to Man City, he'd do great at Arsenal.

Jordie
22-01-2009, 11:21 PM
To be fair to Anelka he is the better striker atm. he is the one scoring the goals.

Geraint
22-01-2009, 11:29 PM
To be fair to Anelka he is the better striker atm. he is the one scoring the goals.

But Chelsea lack it up-front. With the physical presence of Drogba on a defence, it does make a difference, when he can hold the ball up.

Loser
22-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Drogba just takes a touch and falls over. It isn't that helpful, to be honest.

Geraint
22-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Drogba just takes a touch and falls over. It isn't that helpful, to be honest.

Michael Chopra :eusa_whis

Jordie
23-01-2009, 04:53 PM
But Chelsea lack it up-front. With the physical presence of Drogba on a defence, it does make a difference, when he can hold the ball up.

Drogba isnt making a different atm though. like i said he looks slow, unfit and lazy. Anelka deserves to be in the starting 11 and Drogba deserves to be on the bench. i do agree that hes a handful when fit and interested.

Throne Sofa
23-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Do you blame him for not wanting to play for Chelsea? He's done everything right for Chelsea, Anelka comes in and out he goes. Don't see why he'd go to Man City, he'd do great at Arsenal.
Bit of a clueless response. He's been great for us over the years, however, that can't be an excuse for his recent sluggish disinterested performances. Anelka has been the top scorer in the premiership this season, don't you think that deserves any credit at all?

Geraint
23-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Bit of a clueless response. He's been great for us over the years, however, that can't be an excuse for his recent sluggish disinterested performances. Anelka has been the top scorer in the premiership this season, don't you think that deserves any credit at all?

Drogba's done everything right at Chelsea, few bad games out he goes. He must feel disgruntled. Anelka might have scored 14 goals but Drogba can score goals and hold up play for other player to score. Chelsea are doing bad at home and he'd be the key.

Throne Sofa
24-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Drogba's done everything right at Chelsea, few bad games out he goes. He must feel disgruntled. Anelka might have scored 14 goals but Drogba can score goals and hold up play for other player to score. Chelsea are doing bad at home and he'd be the key.
Drogba hasn't been willing to work to score goals or hold up the play for us this season on the field, so he shouldn't be given the chance until he puts some effort in. Reports are that he's starting tomorrow, if he puts in a performance then who knows...

Flamedragon3
26-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Well if I'm not mistaken, Anelka hardly seems to score at home and scores loads away, and Chelsea have not got a very good home record this season. Perhaps they should let Drogba play for the next couple of home games and see if he play better than Anelka at home?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!