PDA

View Full Version : PNG Images.

Alkaz
22-01-2009, 10:31 PM
For some reason my computer wont let me view them on any site which makes it a problem for me at times on Habbox. Anyone know why/where on my computer something is stopping me from seeing the PNG images because its very annoying.

+REP to people who help me.

Edited by Bomb-Head (Assistant General Manager): Please post in the correct forum.

Jaysun
22-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Are you sure it's not just your browser?

Technologic
22-01-2009, 10:40 PM
You using internet explorer 6?

scottish
22-01-2009, 10:41 PM
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31406377/my-ie-7-cannot-show-png-i.aspx

hes using ie 7

Technologic
22-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Internet explorer generally has problems with PNG images, try firefox or chrome.

Alkaz
22-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Doesnt work in FF. Ill try chrome.

Edit; Nope isnt working on chrome either.

Jaysun
22-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Doesnt work in FF. Ill try chrome.

Edit; Nope isnt working on chrome either.

Try firefox.

Alkaz
22-01-2009, 10:55 PM
In the quote it says that it doesnt work in FF/Firefox.

Jaysun
22-01-2009, 10:58 PM

My apologies I just scanned over it.

GommeInc
23-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Can you view them normally? Like double clicking a PNG image in a folder?
Have you installed anything recently, which stopped them working afterwards?

Usually Google answers these problems, but it's not giving any answers that involve all browsers - it only shows IE solutions.

Iszak
23-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Internet Explorer 6 and I'm sure below are the only versions of Internet Explorer that has a problem with PNG, but even then it's more to do with the case of transparency / alpha transparency but this was later fixed in Internet Explorer 7. My guess is some setting is turnt off or something is broken / missing. Like everyone else suggested use Firefox or Google Chrome, I prefer Firefox.

Agnostic Bear
23-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Like everyone else suggested use Firefox or Google Chrome, I prefer Firefox.

HURR DURR

Why does nobody read on these forums?

HotelUser
23-01-2009, 11:44 AM
For some reason my computer wont let me view them on any site which makes it a problem for me at times on Habbox. Anyone know why/where on my computer something is stopping me from seeing the PNG images because its very annoying.

+REP to people who help me.

If you're on Vista is User Account Control enabled? If there's a PNG image on your computer, can you open and view it correctly? Are you using some third party download manager?

HURR DURR
Why does nobody read on these forums?
Really useful post:rolleyes:.

Alkaz
23-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Im on XP.P david. I cant view any image even with the link to it or anything, and ive no idea about the last. Ive tried it on Fire fox, chrome and IE.

iUnknown
24-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Try installing something like adobe fireworks/photoshop and setting it as the default file viewer for .png files. It may just reset the way PNG files are viewed and so fix the issue, even though it is browsing the internet rather than opening the file on your computer.

Also, when you install chrome/firefox, are you importing settings from another browser?

Alkaz
24-01-2009, 12:03 AM
OK I will try and do that tomorrow and no, I dont import other things from IE.

iUnknown
24-01-2009, 12:06 AM
OK I will try and do that tomorrow and no, I dont import other things from IE.

One other thing that it might be is a problem with your router. I have seen in the past strange issues like this being caused by the router's firewall/computer's firewall blocking the file type - even with images.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!