PDA

View Full Version : The Geneva Convention applying to the Taliban?

efq
22-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Do you agree that the Taliban get treated in hospitals at this moment against the American soldiers?

The Geneva Convention doesn't apply to terrorists for which the Taliban are yet they still get treated AND treated in the same hospitals right next to the injured Taliban soldiers.

Just wondering do you think they should continue aiding the Taliban and your views on it.

About Taliban being treated next to American soldiers. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1126730/Injured-British-soldiers-fury-treated-alongside-Taliban-Afghanistan-field-hospital.html)
About The Geneva Convection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions)
About Taliban (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban)

Ramones
23-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Dunno, i suppose we want the prisoners for information, it'd be even worse if they had there own little hospital. People will complain either way but a fair few of the terrorists are more useful to us alive in our hands than dead.

Corporal
23-01-2009, 03:52 PM
I dont think they should be treated in the same ward no. They should be screened off away from soilders.

I also think we should still treat them, yes the geneva convention doesnt extend that far but as a human being if you know someone is injured you should help. Regardless of race, sex or side, because if we didnt we would be doing the same as them.

Also do you know what goverment recconises the Taliban as a terroist organisation?

efq
23-01-2009, 05:08 PM
I dont think they should be treated in the same ward no. They should be screened off away from soilders.

I also think we should still treat them, yes the geneva convention doesnt extend that far but as a human being if you know someone is injured you should help. Regardless of race, sex or side, because if we didnt we would be doing the same as them.

Also do you know what goverment recconises the Taliban as a terroist organisation?
The fact is they're terrorists, the US is against terrorists.
What they do should equal in them suffering.

PaintYourTarget
23-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Doctors took the Oath to protect, help and do no harm to other human life. Every Doctor took this Oath and I can't imagine any would want to go behind it. Soldiers are for killing, Doctors saving.

Corporal
23-01-2009, 05:25 PM
The fact is they're terrorists, the US is against terrorists.
What they do should equal in them suffering.
What goverment classes the Taliban as terroists?
and i think every country i against terroists.
And if you honestly think that then your no better than them.

efq
23-01-2009, 06:01 PM
All terrorists want to do is kill, they want to ruin lives of those who have done nothing to them. Why should we treat them, all they wanna do is kill harmless people.

Corporal
23-01-2009, 06:10 PM
All terrorists want to do is kill, they want to ruin lives of those who have done nothing to them. Why should we treat them, all they wanna do is kill harmless people.
But wouldnt you rather they suvive and be put in jail then die?
If i was there i wudnt mind if someone who had been trying to kill me was in the bed next to me.
we use before weapons as we dont want to bring harm. If you have to bring harm then you want it to be minimal. So if they get to a stage where they are nearly dying then yer we should help them get better.
Ofcourse id prefer any NATO personal to be treated before them.

Also can you please show me what goverment classes the Taliban as terroists before you call them it again.

Fenomenal
23-01-2009, 06:47 PM

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Ramones
23-01-2009, 07:24 PM

To torture them and get information about other terrorists :)

Jordy
23-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Good point Corporal, people regularly confuse the whole Taliban, Jihad, Al Qaeda lot, as far as I'm aware Al Qaeda are terrorists as they try to inflict 'pain' on the West, therefore most their members are classified as Terrorists. The Taliban is a Political Party I think and therefore have fighters, and should (and do) come under the Geneva Convention.

They should be treated with a similar priority but I feel different wards wouldn't be too much trouble.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!