PDA

View Full Version : Dayplanr - New Project (Help needed)

Jaysun
23-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Me and Will(wsg14 on here) started a project called Dayplanr but out of nowhere he vanished. I don't know what came up in his real life that caused his absence but I am eager to continue and get some work done on this project. We were originally going to do another plan but Will came up with this one and we both agreed it to be better. Project started December 11th.

Here are some details about the project;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:

Dayplanr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overview:

Dayplanr allows registered users to post about what they're going to do that day. After they finish what they posted the user may post a followup which lets them add photos and comments about their day.

The User can also integrate social networks to their account (twitter, flickr, facebook etc.) and may take posts from whichever social network and add it to their post on dayplanr.

Other registered users may "chase" another user and will be notified of their posts and updates. Users can also comment on peoples plan and followups.

I have already purchased the domain name. I was going to some designing and some PHP (not as advanced as Will). Will was mainly going to do the PHP but now that he's gone I need some help with this project as I just can't continue it alone.

If anyone that is skilled at PHP can help me with the project I would greatly appreciate it.

Progress:

Domain purchased.
VERY Basic usersystem(register, log in, log out)

Once again if anyone wants to help just drop me a PM.

Cushioned
24-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Lol. I noticed this too... He just dissapeared from MSN lol. This project seems like on online Schedule/Blog sort of site if that's what your sort of aiming at? Good luck with it!

Jaysun
24-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Lol. I noticed this too... He just dissapeared from MSN lol. This project seems like on online Schedule/Blog sort of site if that's what your sort of aiming at? Good luck with it!

Lol, yea I don't know what happened. The project is somewhat like that. Thanks hopefully this project will be a successful one. So far Iszak has offered to help me in his spare time so thing's seem to be picking up.

Homosexual
24-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Day planners aren't a good idea unless you have unique features

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=online+day+planner&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Over 3m others?

Iszak
24-01-2009, 11:12 PM
I got about 22 million results, but google will pick up every webpage with the keyword "online" + "day" + "planner" so your 3 million others could be like 1000 or even less. If you want a more accurate result quote it "online day planner", comes up with 1210 for me and even then some results aren't really online day planners. Sure one can argue an online day planner wouldn't have the exact phrase "online day planner" in that row, but I would expect they would.

InHabbo
25-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Hey sounds good! Good luck with it. I could help you if you needed any logos/graphics created for the site.

But i cant code (Well not very well anyway lol!)

Regards,
David

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!