PDA

View Full Version : Why do artists have to go and ruin songs by swearing?

Richie
24-01-2009, 05:22 AM
Hey guys,
I think it is realy dumb the way artists bring out a great song, but then go and ruin it by swearing, also its not just because that might fit in to the lyrics because nearly every song that comes out if it has swears theres always a clean version with the swear word changed too something else!

Why do they have to put swears in there songs i dont get it!?! its soo pointless why do they have to bring out a dirty version then a clean version, if they had any brains would they not just make a clean version so they wont have too waste there time!

I hope everyone see's my point and understands were im coming from!

So what are your thoughts on this? do you think its ridiculous and idiotic of the too make two versions when they only have too make one clean version

(I know they dont have to sing the whole song again, they just have to sing the part were it swears they have too sing but if they had a brain they would use it and decide to just make the clean version)

Post what you think :)

Thanks,
Richie.

Blinger1
24-01-2009, 05:25 AM
How would the song F.U.R.B by Frankee sound in a clean version? Or the original by Eamon, **** It (I Dont Want You Back) sound??

Or some Eminem songs? Have you heard Stan (the original)? It sounds a lot better then the live one ;)

Some songs do need swearing as it suits what they are singing about.

Richie
24-01-2009, 05:59 AM
How would the song F.U.R.B by Frankee sound in a clean version? Or the original by Eamon, **** It (I Dont Want You Back) sound??

Or some Eminem songs? Have you heard Stan (the original)? It sounds a lot better then the live one ;)

I disagree songs like *REMOVED* you right back should not be aloud to be released also im not talking about that i mean like in some songs theres swears that could easily be changed to a clean word but they dont bother and sing the clean and dirty version whats the point?

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

Blinger1
24-01-2009, 06:14 AM
You could easily change Stan to a 'clean' version but it sounds crap thats why they swear.

Richie
24-01-2009, 06:34 AM
You could easily change Stan to a 'clean' version but it sounds crap thats why they swear.

I dont think that is true

JoeyK.
24-01-2009, 07:21 AM
Yeah, artists should totally censor themselves just so the radio version sounds better and so you don't have to hear a couple naughty words. -.-

samsaBEAR
24-01-2009, 08:00 AM
in some songs, swearing can intensify the meaning of the song, and allow the listener some insight into what the artist was feeling while writing the song.
the only band that i dont like swearing are linkin park, they used to be able to encapsulate anger and whatnot without swearing, and then one mash up album with jay-z and their next album is full of it "/

Jxhn
24-01-2009, 12:41 PM
You badpeople wanna give me
A lobodomy?
hell no, then you know who I am?
Well we're about to screwing see

Dunt really work as well. I don't see why you're so against swearing, it's only words.

You mother******s wanna give me
A lobodomy?
**** no, then you know who I am?
Well we're about to ******* see

Minstrels
24-01-2009, 12:51 PM
It's a pissing word. :S

Melsia
24-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Some songs NEED to swear to get their point across, an angry song needs angry lyrics for example.

TopManTim
24-01-2009, 10:51 PM
a) it takes like a minute in a recording studio to sing a few words to be put in the song to make a clean version, hardly time wasting or consuming.

b) that's like saying why do artists use (insert any word here) in songs? They could replace it. It's lyrics... they fit the song.

Roboevil
24-01-2009, 10:53 PM
What the **** are you christian? It's word, it's the same as any other.

RedStratocas
25-01-2009, 01:03 AM
well sometimes artists definitely go overboard. if youre saying a swear every other lyric you're just taking away the power of the word, rendering it meaningless. but if the swear is in context i dont see a problem with it.

Imnotpure
25-01-2009, 11:29 AM
artist use swearing as it fills the emotion, they dont sing songs to fit what you want, alot of them sing about personal experience.

cocaine
25-01-2009, 11:46 AM
what the hell lol :S its a word... if you dont like hearing them then turn your computer off and throw away the plug..

stickwitu
25-01-2009, 03:15 PM
What the **** are you christian? It's word, it's the same as any other.

i love you lol

drama
25-01-2009, 03:18 PM
lol trying to imagine a clean version of 'Killing in the name of'

Richie
25-01-2009, 05:00 PM
I can understand what some of you mean about 'Artists swearing to make it sound more effective' but i dont understand in a song like akons or something where he says something like the N word and ruins the
song also i would like to apologise swearing in one of my recent posts it was realy early and i didnt realise i said it so im sorry :)

TopManTim
25-01-2009, 05:33 PM
They're just words... Like many have said what your saying is the same as why use words begining with the letter N or ending with ing.

Because they're words and they describe what's happening.

JackBuddy
25-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I agree that some swearing in songs is pointless and annoying but most of the time artists do it to express themselves and to add emotion to a song.

Jesus-Egg
25-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Surely if they were a good songwriter they would be able to get their point across without needing to swear every other lyric. I have no problem with swearing in songs, but as others have said, when overused it loses its impact, and gets annoying.

PaintYourTarget
25-01-2009, 08:07 PM
The whole purpose of swearing is to convey a strong emotion when regular words just aren't enough... A lot of songs are made to portray a strong emotion... they fit together, yes?

drama
25-01-2009, 08:12 PM
I can understand what some of you mean about 'Artists swearing to make it sound more effective' but i dont understand in a song like akons or something where he says something like the N word and ruins the
song also i would like to apologise swearing in one of my recent posts it was realy early and i didnt realise i said it so im sorry :)

Yeah when artists use the latin word for brown/black it grinds my gears aswell!!1

N-Dubz
25-01-2009, 09:59 PM
its not like none of us havnt heard a swear word in our lives, so whats wrong with putting it in a song lol?

Fapin
26-01-2009, 05:29 PM
So they have 2 versions "clean" and "dirty" hardc0re fans will buy both ^^

Rixion
26-01-2009, 09:14 PM
an example of this avril lavigne - girlfriend..

untrustus
26-01-2009, 11:35 PM
lol trying to imagine a clean version of 'Killing in the name of'
strangely, i was about to mention that song. it was the first song that came into my head that i could think is really helped by the swearing.

leah
27-01-2009, 12:19 PM
its annoying isnt itt

Richie
29-01-2009, 05:56 PM
its annoying isnt itt

yeah also id say it annoys u big time cos u cant play swears on the radio

Andeeh
29-01-2009, 06:07 PM

because eamon and frankee are terrible songs

eminems stan is class though

Amazing
30-01-2009, 03:20 PM
if you don't like songs with swearing..
find the clean version or just don't listen to them?
simple as.

EmoGilly
01-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Tbh, swearing in songs is brilliant for giving out expression in their voices, but i suppose, being a metal fan, swearing is very helpful for an angry tune haha.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!