PDA

View Full Version : Coding Help!

RyanDOT
24-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Any good programs to use to code and tutorials for beginners please?

+Rep!

Kyle!
24-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Number one tip, don't start coding in Dreamweaver you'll get used to just drag and drop and won't learn the code, start in notepad.

Jibbish
24-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Number one tip, don't start coding in Dreamweaver you'll get used to just drag and drop and won't learn the code, start in notepad.
unless you just use the text editor in dreamweaver :P

iUnknown
24-01-2009, 04:11 PM
I taught myself to code using dreamwaver... I've never used a drag and drop feature of it.

Kyle!
24-01-2009, 05:15 PM
unless you just use the text editor in dreamweaver :P

LOL!

You knew what I meant though... :)

Cushioned
26-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Start with w3schools to learn the basic things and what they do. Then open up handy old Notepad and try making the things work.

After you've learned the few basics, go on to studying more advanced coding and keep going back and trying stuff in notepad as you learn it. Basically what I did and I learned in about 2 days :)

Good luck!

Jackboy
26-01-2009, 09:14 AM

Lol Kyle. It's okay to code in dreamweaver, just not design.

Source
26-01-2009, 11:55 AM
I use dreamweaver as an IDE when coding html/css layouts, mainly because it integrates with javascript includes really well (telling you what features are available, and what params they need) plus the new live view feature is handy when I'm not on a dual monitor setup.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!