PDA

View Full Version : Why are some people violent?

Leigh
09-07-2005, 03:01 PM
There are many reasons why a person could be violent or abusive to their friend or person they are dating. For example, a person who has grown up in a violent family may have learned that violence like hitting or verbal control was the way to solve a problem (which it is not!). They may be violent because they want to control the relationship or because they feel bad about themselves and think they will feel better if they make someone else feel worse. Others may get pressured by their friends to prove how strong they are. Sometimes people have trouble controlling their anger.

Drugs and alcohol can also play a part in abusive behavior. There are some people who lose control and act abusively after they have been drinking or taking drugs. But this is no excuse! Just because someone is under the influence of drugs and alcohol or has a bad temper does not mean that their abusive behavior is okay.

No matter why a person is violent physically, verbally/emotionally, or sexually, it is important for you to know that it is not your fault! You are NOT the reason for the violence. Violence is NEVER okay!

What do you think on the matter?

Would love your comments.

With Thanks.

Leigh.

Chaz
09-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Some people do it to 'show' there mates girlfriends etc that they r not to be messed around with well.... thats what i think anyways!
someone tried to look all hard with there mates so they pushed me into a load of lockers, embarrising i know but i was so angry i pushed him over onto the floor he was a yr 9 (i'm only yr 7) but after i think i shouldent have done it
because i ended up in deep deep trouble.......
ah well i'll never do that again!

:eusa_ange

(sorry 4 the long msg i was bored

Leigh
09-07-2005, 03:09 PM
I think people need to release there anger in other ways. :)

People should not have the right to do around and hurt anyone elce.

With Thanks.

Detox
09-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Maybe some people cannot think of any way to settle things other than swinging at people. For instance, the G8 protests: Most people went for a peaceful protest but there were some just looking for a fight with the police.

RedStratocas
09-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Some people do it to 'show' there mates girlfriends etc that they r not to be messed around with well.... thats what i think anyways!
someone tried to look all hard with there mates so they pushed me into a load of lockers, embarrising i know but i was so angry i pushed him over onto the floor he was a yr 9 (i'm only yr 7) but after i think i shouldent have done it
because i ended up in deep deep trouble.......
ah well i'll never do that again!

:eusa_ange

(sorry 4 the long msg i was bored

Dude, get that out of your avatar, and dont steel mine, or other people's alts and avatars.

Thank you.

Pulchritudinous
09-07-2005, 05:04 PM
It's it's nothing to do with personal health, or they have been made angry, then it's obviously to show off.

x!-=cherry=-!x
13-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I think people need to release there anger in other ways. :)

People should not have the right to do around and hurt anyone elce.

With Thanks.
i mean people murder others who they dont even know... like who has done anything to them and if they have they should sort it out not hurt others who are not even involved.. there is some loonies out there who kill for fun they need to be dealt with.. prison wont make them change all it does is make them worser they need help and the planet needs some too.. to think that prison is working.

la-ur-en
14-07-2005, 10:20 PM
i mean people murder others who they dont even know... like who has done anything to them and if they have they should sort it out not hurt others who are not even involved.. there is some loonies out there who kill for fun they need to be dealt with.. prison wont make them change all it does is make them worser they need help and the planet needs some too.. to think that prison is working.

Nobody has the right to take someone else's life, even if they know them or don't. The thing is, these people aren't just ordinary people. They haven't been brought up to know to kill, people think parents teach kids things, but then, they say that there friends give them influence. Imagine your parents said 'right, chips are very very bad for you never them or you might get some horrible disease' then your friends come along and argues and says 'no chips are delicious, they wont cause disease they are just food' Obviously you have to opinions on your hand, and which one would you go for? Your friends opinion, because you feel under the influence. It's all so confusing, the only way you will know why people kill is by having the experience, i remember watching a program ages ago, and it was interviewing a hitman for a mafia called iceman. And he said he enjoys seeing people in pain, then the interviewer said something that must have offended him, and 'iceman' said 'what did you just say to me?' and looked at him with his physco eyes.
Later on studys showed that most cerial killers/murderers usually start off by abusing animals, then they move onto bullying/threatning people. I guess we will never really know what goes on inside there heads.

GommeInc
14-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Nobody has the right to take someone else's life, even if they know them or don't. The thing is, these people aren't just ordinary people. They haven't been brought up to know to kill, people think parents teach kids things, but then, they say that there friends give them influence. Imagine your parents said 'right, chips are very very bad for you never them or you might get some horrible disease' then your friends come along and argues and says 'no chips are delicious, they wont cause disease they are just food' Obviously you have to opinions on your hand, and which one would you go for? Your friends opinion, because you feel under the influence. It's all so confusing, the only way you will know why people kill is by having the experience, i remember watching a program ages ago, and it was interviewing a hitman for a mafia called iceman. And he said he enjoys seeing people in pain, then the interviewer said something that must have offended him, and 'iceman' said 'what did you just say to me?' and looked at him with his physco eyes.
Later on studys showed that most cerial killers/murderers usually start off by abusing animals, then they move onto bullying/threatning people. I guess we will never really know what goes on inside there heads.

If a really close friend was basically on his death bed and hooked on a life support machine and he begged/said to turn it off, I would to put them out of their misery.

-JT-
15-07-2005, 12:16 AM
about 2 years ago, my mum became an alchohalic, she assaulted me so many times both verbally and physically. Shesaid she didnt want me, that i was a mistake and that she wanted me to die.

She also threw a mirror at me, a fone (split my eyebrow open) and numeroise other things, it was a horrible time in my life. She also took an overdose and sort of vut her wrists in front of me which i found hard to watch but i couldnt move :(

However i dont think i have became very violent, i just dont take my sh** any more, its just completely carp!

Proof!
15-07-2005, 10:23 PM
aaww that's well bad james :( feeling sorry for ya there m8.I hate it when people get violent in school, they think it makes them look hard.People are just scared of me coz of my height lol. :P

Enjoy the forum ;)

-JT-
15-07-2005, 11:37 PM
its okay, i live woth my dad now

and yeh i have t say i am quite muscly (ask one of my friends) and people dont tend to pick fights with meh

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!