PDA

View Full Version : Books Harry potter question about Dumbledore +REP

Blinger1
27-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Quick question.

Who does Dumbledore see in the Mirror of Erised?

and

Who really did kill Ariana ?

+ REP

buttons
27-01-2009, 08:12 AM
well have you read the last book? if you have i think it's someone he killed (explain in the book), that's who he sees in the mirror with him as he 'loved' this guy. I don't remember where i heard that i'm SURE i read it i dunno but lots of people reckon it was a world without voldemort that he saw
& no-one is sure who really killed her, dumbledore or his brother, i don't think it was confirmed

Blinger1
27-01-2009, 08:16 AM
well have you read the last book? if you have i think it's someone he killed (explain in the book), that's who he sees in the mirror with him as he 'loved' this guy. I don't remember where i heard that i'm SURE i read it i dunno but lots of people reckon it was a world without voldemort that he saw

I have read the book and listened to the audio book numerous times. I searched on google and a lot says he sees his whole family but i thought i heard/read somewhere that he saw who really killed Ariana. (maybe i just thought that?)

& no-one is sure who really killed her, dumbledore or his brother, i don't think it was confirmed
Umm.. in the last book it says it is either Ariana or Grindelwald. That is why Grindelwald left after Ariana died, and why he didn't want to face Dumbledore in a dual.

buttons
27-01-2009, 08:33 AM
I have read the book and listened to the audio book numerous times. I searched on google and a lot says he sees his whole family but i thought i heard/read somewhere that he saw who really killed Ariana. (maybe i just thought that?)

Umm.. in the last book it says it is either Ariana or Grindelwald. That is why Grindelwald left after Ariana died, and why he didn't want to face Dumbledore in a dual.
er the mirror was used to show what you really wanted. i think it says something in the book about grindelwald being involved in the killing of her then he fled but not sure. Nah i think he didn't want to face him as he knew dumbledore wanted the Elder's wand, nothing bout his sister, i'd have to read it again but both them question no-one reallys know.. i don't think :/

Blinger1
27-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Yep. It says on page 576
Harry did not ask whether Dumbledore had ever found out who struck Ariana dead. He did not want to know, and less did he want Dumbledore to have to tell him. At last he knew what Dumbledore would have seen when he looked in the Mirror of Erised, and why dumledore had been so understanding of the fascination it had exercised over Harry.

and then it says on page 575:

It was the truth I feared. You see, I never knew which of us, in that last, horrific fight, had actually cast the curse that killed my sister so im not sure:S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!