PDA

View Full Version : Building my Art sketchbook +rep

Holofoil
27-01-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm in the process of gluing all my work so far in to my sketchbook. I prefer having every page in the sketchbook filled, because it looks better in my opinion. But a lot of the work is in soft pencil, charcoal, pastels, and oil pastels, so the pieces rub off on to the opposite page.
I'm trying to think of the best way to double page the work and avoid this...
I could:
- Put grease paper over the work - but when i do that the paper gets ripped and folds over and falls out and hangs out of the book and it all goes messy...
- Put laminate or some sort of transparent material over the work - but I'd rather the work had nothing over it, it kind of spoils it
- Have notes, artistic references and photos on the opposite page, and then put laminate over them instead... and then that material wouldn't be ruined by the smudgy stuff on the opposite page. The problem with this is I won't be able to add stuff to the page once I've laminated it...

I'm not sure... anyone got any good ideas?
+rep for any USEFUL suggestions

clueless
27-01-2009, 07:25 PM
If you spray hairspray on them it makes them stay on more!

whenever i do something in charcoal i cover it in hairspray
it actually works

LoveToStack
27-01-2009, 08:49 PM
^^^^^ that would work. if you dont have hairspray, I cant imagine why not - you sexy man, there's always spray glue which works the same way.

Holofoil
27-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Would hairspray work on pastels + oil pastels?

PaintYourTarget
27-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah, fixing spray or hairspray works on everything. I swear by it. Try and use the more expensive hairspray's, they make your book smell nicer.

Holofoil
27-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Hahh thanks. Any certain brands? I never use it myself :P
This will actually completely stop the stuff rubbing on the opposite page? Completely?

PaintYourTarget
27-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah, stops it smudging too.

Nicola
28-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Hairspray works, i've used it for some of my art work.
I don't think it matters which brand tbh

LoveToStack
28-01-2009, 11:30 PM
fair enough if hairspray works but spray glue or fixer is DESIGNED to do exactly what you want.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!