PDA

View Full Version : 0292 number ringing you look here!

Oleh
27-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi all, i have been recieving calls from these numbers for about 3 days now ive done some research what may help you if you get them,

These numbers are from a cardiff company called Direct communication they ask you wether or not your on pay as you go, if you are on contract they ask how much you pay, then they usually ask if you want an upgrade, immediatly hang up as they will offer a nokia 6810 or something around there, they ask for your bank details and as far as im aware it is a premium phone line whichs charges you for them calling you, this is called Cold selling, i have found out by registering at http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/ , this will stop the calls, some people have still been recieving them, i did find a official one but as far as im aware its American, and english numbers wont fit in the boxes , so i would just try Tps.

if you do answer a call from them just mention your signed up to "TELEPHONE PREFERENCE SERVICE" this is a service which makes it illegal for them to call you, ive read that they will instantly hang up, the person who stated this hasnt heard from them since
Ive also read they give you 3 rings only, and if you call back it will be charged massivley

if your on t-mobile ring 1-800-937-8997 , to get these numbers blocked

Wootzeh: Give them abuse and hang up

If anybody has any more information please post below, thanks

Wootzeh
27-01-2009, 07:31 PM
yeeee I keep getting calls from them saying my contract is running out soon, when I've got like 21months left :S idiot, just give them some abuse and hang up lol.
Just google the number and there's usually someone else whos been rang by them.

Josh-H
27-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for that link actually, registered our home phone for it.

J0SH
27-01-2009, 07:39 PM
I usually think it's credit card companies ringing the house phone and don't pick up anyway.

kurtis5561
27-01-2009, 07:56 PM
They cannot charge you as the number isn't premium rate they haven't reversed the charges to you.

The TPS doesn't make it illegal for them to call you, It is a service that is voluntry to companies to sign up to.

Go over to saynoto0870.com they will help you more they eat sleep and poop phones/telephone systems

Agnostic Bear
28-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Hi all, i have been recieving calls from these numbers for about 3 days now ive done some research what may help you if you get them,

These numbers are from a cardiff company called Direct communication they ask you wether or not your on pay as you go, if you are on contract they ask how much you pay, then they usually ask if you want an upgrade, immediatly hang up as they will offer a nokia 6810 or something around there, they ask for your bank details and as far as im aware it is a premium phone line whichs charges you for them calling you, this is called Cold selling, i have found out by registering at http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/ , this will stop the calls, some people have still been recieving them, i did find a official one but as far as im aware its American, and english numbers wont fit in the boxes , so i would just try Tps.

if you do answer a call from them just mention your signed up to "TELEPHONE PREFERENCE SERVICE" this is a service which makes it illegal for them to call you, ive read that they will instantly hang up, the person who stated this hasnt heard from them since
Ive also read they give you 3 rings only, and if you call back it will be charged massivley

Wootzeh: Give them abuse and hang up

If anybody has any more information please post below, thanks

That's a very useful website, thanks :)

kurtis5561
28-01-2009, 09:53 AM

If you live in Rotherham why are you ringing t-Mobile in America? They are seperate companies

Whats the full number of this number "reverse charging the call" to you and i'll look it up on a database for you

Oleh
28-01-2009, 04:13 PM
damn, i was just browsing and found that number, if you google 0292 you will find hundreds of them , just been called again 5 secs ago

Jahova
28-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the info!

kurtis5561
28-01-2009, 04:44 PM
damn, i was just browsing and found that number, if you google 0292 you will find hundreds of them , just been called again 5 secs ago
But they can't reverse charge you:
A)without your concent
B)They are dialing direct

Captain
28-01-2009, 11:27 PM
i want them to call me :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!