PDA

View Full Version : Help On making a website.

Darkmania
28-01-2009, 04:57 AM
It may sound stupidd.. but I really wanna get into making a website.. but dont know what programs to really use..

1. making the template : use gimp ?

2. Coding the template : someone said that you can use programs to code it. Is tht true if yes what are they?

3. What other programs should I look at for making a website..

Sorry im an idiot.. n dnt know bout this stuff yet.

Iszak
28-01-2009, 05:17 AM
Okay well firstly make the template in what ever program you feel comfortable in, be it paint, photoshop, gimp, etc. As for your second question yes there are programs that if you will 'code' the layout, but I'm sure many people including I would advise against it. The reason for this is many, firstly it isn't as dynamic as if you were to learn all the skills to make the website and make it from scratch. Secondly it can be difficult to edit it down the track. Thirdly these programs are serverely limited to what's ever programmed into them e.g. doesn't allow flexibility. Fourthly the produce invalid mark-up e.g. HTML / XHTML. All that said I suggest you should learn HTML, CSS initially or you could pay someone to make your website.

Dottz
01-02-2009, 07:30 PM
To be a good web designer you should learn about HTML, XHTML, & CSS then if you want to get more technical learn some Javascript or PHP. I would recommend you to get Photoshop for graphics. Then if you want I recommend Dreamweaver for the actual coding of your layouts. Dreamweaver isn't always the greatest way to design a site but it really helps you learn.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!