PDA

View Full Version : InvisibleShield for 2G Touch

Trinity
31-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Has anyone got one? I'm thinking about getting one but I've seen a couple of pictures of ipods with them on, and they're quite clearly visible. People have also said that it affects the sensitivity of the touch screen quite a bit too.

So do any of you recommend it?
Would you mind posting pictures of your ipod if you have the IS?
And lastly, any decent alternatives if the IS isn't good enough?

Kevin
31-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Has anyone got one? I'm thinking about getting one but I've seen a couple of pictures of ipods with them on, and they're quite clearly visible. People have also said that it affects the sensitivity of the touch screen quite a bit too.

So do any of you recommend it?
Would you mind posting pictures of your ipod if you have the IS?
And lastly, any decent alternatives if the IS isn't good enough?

I have not used an invisible shield myself but I belive that if they are applied right, they are invisible.

Frizzoo
01-02-2009, 03:33 PM
The sensitivity of the screen is not effected by the Invisible Shield, but the screen gets a bit more "sticky".

Trinity
01-02-2009, 08:28 PM
The sensitivity of the screen is not effected by the Invisible Shield, but the screen gets a bit more "sticky".

I like the smoothness of the screen :(
How visible is it (when applied properly)?

Frizzoo
02-02-2009, 05:54 PM
If it is applied properly it is only visible at the edges of the Invisible Shield. (Around the home button) If you want it on the back it can be a bit hard to get it on properly at the corners.

Indie-Dan
02-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I have one on my iPhone 3G and it's brilliant - most of the people that I've showed the phone to haven't even noticed it. Upon saying that though, regular taking in and out of trouser pockets usually pull up the corners and cover the stickiness in fluff which is quite annoying, and if you pierce the shield at all, it feels all bumpy and rough.
And to whoever said it makes it "sticky" - this is slightly true but it is barely noticable.
Seriously, I recommend one to anyone. I had one on my 1g Touch and seriously after a year's continual use - the thing still looks brand spanking new, despite the fact it's a year old.

Frizzoo
02-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Yes, the "stickiness" depends on how sweaty your fingers are, but if they are about "normal sweaty" you don't notice it that much.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!