PDA

View Full Version : Stoke City vs Manchester City

Malachy
31-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Your typical Premier League game with 40 minutes gone.
Amdy Faye knocked unconsious.
Controversial red card.
Fans booing all the time.
No goals.
Stoke 0-0 City.
EDIT: 5 minutes into INJURY TIME at the end of the first half - 10 Man Stoke City 1-0 Manchester City (Beattie).

Bun
31-01-2009, 03:21 PM
finished 1-0, hah.

EverSteve
31-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Good old Beatie, I knew he would score in the Premiere wd James. and the great Man City continue to pile the pressure on.....themselves.

Wootzeh
31-01-2009, 03:47 PM
good game though right?

sock
31-01-2009, 04:26 PM
poor by City.

SWP played bad.
Richards played bad.
Bridge played bad.
Kompany had a bad first 30 mins.
Robinho played bad.

Captain
31-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Good old Beatie, I knew he would score in the Premiere wd James. and the great Man City continue to pile the pressure on.....themselves.

How can you call yourself an Evertonian if your not even from Liverpool? :S

On Topic: Im glad Stoke beat City, surely it proves that money doesn't buy success.

Minstrels
31-01-2009, 04:56 PM
poor by City.

SWP played bad.
Richards played bad.
Bridge played bad.
Kompany had a bad first 30 mins.
Robinho played bad.
Oh behave. Those players didn't play bad, did you even watch the match?

SWP was being kicked out of the game and picked up an injury and did well to play on.
Bridge was good, the amount of crosses he was putting in was sublime.
Kompany stopped the match from being a 4:0 affair.
Robinho? He did all he could with what was given to him.

If you want to blame anyone, and I don't see why you would when Stoke defended to deaths door, blame Ireland. He kept playing long balls which weren't going anywhere.

We played well but Stoke wouldn't let us in.

Oh and for above, no it doesn't. Chelsea in the cup last season? A team can play well but the opposing team can just defend.

sock
31-01-2009, 05:01 PM
SWP didn't get kicked out the game, he got booed and if he did get injured, why didn't Hughes bring him off.

Bridge did do lots of crosses, but half of them were accurate, and the accurate ones dodn't work because there is no height in the team.

Kompany I said played bad in the first 30 mins, when he kept kicking the ball anywhere.

Robinho could of got involved more and even when he did get it, he didn't look good.

i'm just happy the table didn't move around much.

Minstrels
31-01-2009, 05:04 PM
SWP didn't get kicked out the game, he got booed and if he did get injured, why didn't Hughes bring him off.

Bridge did do lots of crosses, but half of them were accurate, and the accurate ones dodn't work because there is no height in the team.

Kompany I said played bad in the first 30 mins, when he kept kicking the ball anywhere.

Robinho could of got involved more and even when he did get it, he didn't look good.

i'm just happy the table didn't move around much.
He got flipping kicked out of it! And he's got an ongoing knee injury, had it for about three months. Why didn't Hughes take him off? For who? He could still play on but he was getting kicked around. He wouldn't want to come off anyway.

How is it Bridges fault if nobody can convert a cross?

Kompanys long balls were class, just like Wednesday. Oh sorry you would only of seen the MOTD highlights.

Robinho was involved however when he has a tough defense and players who aren't used to him just yet it's hard. He did well with what he could.

Wootzeh
31-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Robinho! she said no!
Thats why she said no!

oh and that caicedo is a big ******* isnt he

Minstrels
31-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Robinho! she said no!
Thats why she said no!

oh and that caicedo is a big ******* isnt he
Oh aye. He's very good on the ball for his size and has a decent shot on him. Wait till he gets older. :)

Captain
31-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Oh and for above, no it doesn't. Chelsea in the cup last season? A team can play well but the opposing team can just defend.

To be fair, Chelsea actually had some world class managers unlike City. Chelsea had a pretty decent squad aswell before Roman Abromovich came along.

sock
31-01-2009, 05:16 PM
He got flipping kicked out of it! And he's got an ongoing knee injury, had it for about three months. Why didn't Hughes take him off? For who? He could still play on but he was getting kicked around. He wouldn't want to come off anyway.

How is it Bridges fault if nobody can convert a cross?

Kompanys long balls were class, just like Wednesday. Oh sorry you would only of seen the MOTD highlights.

Robinho was involved however when he has a tough defense and players who aren't used to him just yet it's hard. He did well with what he could.

1. Elano.. he can play AMR and if Hughes doesn't like it, switch to a different formation.

2. Its not Bridges fault if no one convert, but he knows city's players aren't going to score from crosses so he could look for different options.

3. I did go to the game actually, West Stand Level 3 Entrance T Aisle 325 Row S. Kompany's balls in the first half were not as good on Wednesday.

4. I laugh at your to be honest, you're saying Robinho can't get past Stoke's "tough" defence, when Robinho scored 3 in the game against Stoke at home.

Why are you trying to prove me wrong, when everyone in the sports section know your chat bull about transfers etc.

Immenseman
31-01-2009, 05:26 PM
watched some of it on sky sports no imagination from city

mangle
31-01-2009, 05:49 PM
The general impression I got was that MC weren't good, but Stoke defended well.

Minstrels
31-01-2009, 08:56 PM
1. Elano.. he can play AMR and if Hughes doesn't like it, switch to a different formation.

2. Its not Bridges fault if no one convert, but he knows city's players aren't going to score from crosses so he could look for different options.

3. I did go to the game actually, West Stand Level 3 Entrance T Aisle 325 Row S. Kompany's balls in the first half were not as good on Wednesday.

4. I laugh at your to be honest, you're saying Robinho can't get past Stoke's "tough" defence, when Robinho scored 3 in the game against Stoke at home.

Why are you trying to prove me wrong, when everyone in the sports section know your chat bull about transfers etc.
Why switch to a different formation when that one has worked well up to that point?

He knows? He's been here less than a month, nobody can know everyones strengths and weaknesses in that amount of time.

Yes they were... you didn't see the balls he was flying to Robinho in the first 45 minutes?

Umm... OK. Second widest pitch in the PL at COMS. One of, if not the narrowest in the PL at Stoke. Robinho could run around at COMS, at Stoke the defenders are more compact. Do some research on tactics, go to take some coaching badges when your sixteen and look into the game while watching it and you might just about understand some key aspects of the game.

And the last point, you really want to bring the matter up? Yawn. Bring up the Benj thread. Bring up the player from spain and london thread. Bring up the thread saying the Benz deal was off after Hull. Yada Yada Yada.

End of, you've been proven wrong because you don't understand key aspects of the game. You can't run around against a compact defence.

Flamedragon3
31-01-2009, 09:20 PM
I don't know why you're saying a number of the City players played bad sock? We actually played good, we had around 70%+ of the possesion in the second half, but we just couldn't get an open shot. It isn't easy to get a goal when the other team is putting all but one (Beattie) of their players into the box, everytime we came close to trying for goal.

Kompany played fantastic and Bridge pulled a number of crosses for us, we only gave a goal away because Richards was lazy and didn't close in on their player when he crossed. Bellamy is a bloody good corner taker though. :O

Anyone know what happened exactly with the Delap sending off?

I saw Shauny tackle a Delap, and then Delap came back and kicked him. But when I was walking back to my car, a Stoke fan told me that Shauny actually kicked Delap, and then Delap kicked the ball at Shauny. So I'm not entirely sure. :S

Minstrels
31-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Shaun tackled him. Chased the ball. Delap took him out. Kicked the ball at him while he was down. Shaun kicked him back.

Wootzeh
31-01-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't know why you're saying a number of the City players played bad sock? We actually played good, we had around 70%+ of the possesion in the second half, but we just couldn't get an open shot. It isn't easy to get a goal when the other team is putting all but one (Beattie) of their players into the box, everytime we came close to trying for goal.

Kompany played fantastic and Bridge pulled a number of crosses for us, we only gave a goal away because Richards was lazy and didn't close in on their player when he crossed. Bellamy is a bloody good corner taker though. :O

Anyone know what happened exactly with the Delap sending off?

I saw Shauny tackle a Delap, and then Delap came back and kicked him. But when I was walking back to my car, a Stoke fan told me that Shauny actually kicked Delap, and then Delap kicked the ball at Shauny. So I'm not entirely sure. :S
Were you the one who jumped over the segregation only to be punched in the face n fall down the stairs? What did you think of the Stoke fans? ;)

Loser
31-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Poor game from what I saw, but I turned it off just before half time. City were poor, Stoke were good by their standards. There was a point where it could have swung either way, but unfortunately, any excitement was squashed out by a poor refereeing decision.

Minstrels
31-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Poor game from what I saw, but I turned it off just before half time. City were poor, Stoke were good by their standards. There was a point where it could have swung either way, but unfortunately, any excitement was squashed out by a poor refereeing decision.
Explain. Now. How is deliberately kicking a ball at a player not deserving of a red card?

Loser
31-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Explain. Now. How is deliberately kicking a ball at a player not deserving of a red card?

Did it really look worthy or a red card to you? I don't understand how anything so petty can be a sending off offense.

Minstrels
31-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Did it really look worthy or a red card to you? I don't understand how anything so petty can be a sending off offense.
Petty? The player was down, the whistle was blown. He kicked the ball into SWP... petty my arse.

Geraint
31-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Does it occur to anybody that Man City seem to be another Arsenal? All this pretty play but too many passes and not enough shots.

As for the sending off, definitely was a red card. You can't do that. SWP should have been sent off aswell though for lashing out.

Loser
31-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Petty? The player was down, the whistle was blown. He kicked the ball into SWP... petty my arse.

If Delap's offense was a red, so was SWP's. I personally thought a yellow would be more appropriate and wouldn't have ****** up the game so much.

sock
01-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Why switch to a different formation when that one has worked well up to that point?

He knows? He's been here less than a month, nobody can know everyones strengths and weaknesses in that amount of time.

Yes they were... you didn't see the balls he was flying to Robinho in the first 45 minutes?

Umm... OK. Second widest pitch in the PL at COMS. One of, if not the narrowest in the PL at Stoke. Robinho could run around at COMS, at Stoke the defenders are more compact. Do some research on tactics, go to take some coaching badges when your sixteen and look into the game while watching it and you might just about understand some key aspects of the game.

And the last point, you really want to bring the matter up? Yawn. Bring up the Benj thread. Bring up the player from spain and london thread. Bring up the thread saying the Benz deal was off after Hull. Yada Yada Yada.

End of, you've been proven wrong because you don't understand key aspects of the game. You can't run around against a compact defence.

1. If SWP is injured, then Hughes would rather have a different formation than someone whos injured. Obviously the formation wasn't working as we wern't getting past someones defence, so he could of tried something new.

2. You gotta be kidding me right? He doesn't know there weaknesses? he can see there small.

3. Don't say I don't know anything about tactics, I probably know more than you, I bet your a wack footballer. I've had trials at City, Oldham, Stockport and Macc. Don't say I know nothing about football and tactics, Also, My dad is a manager of a senior amateur team, whom I go watch every week, and they are top. So I think I know tactics.

Also, I said Kompany's balls were useless in the first 30 minutes, He was playing them over to their heads, when clearly the Stoke defenders will beat us for the header, making them useless.

Minstrels
01-02-2009, 12:05 PM
1. If SWP is injured, then Hughes would rather have a different formation than someone whos injured. Obviously the formation wasn't working as we wern't getting past someones defence, so he could of tried something new.

2. You gotta be kidding me right? He doesn't know there weaknesses? he can see there small.

3. Don't say I don't know anything about tactics, I probably know more than you, I bet your a wack footballer. I've had trials at City, Oldham, Stockport and Macc. Don't say I know nothing about football and tactics, Also, My dad is a manager of a senior amateur team, whom I go watch every week, and they are top. So I think I know tactics.

Also, I said Kompany's balls were useless in the first 30 minutes, He was playing them over to their heads, when clearly the Stoke defenders will beat us for the header, making them useless.
I believe you'll find the formation was looking, we had a higher percentage of possession. You can't expect to run through the Stoke defence at Stokes own ground, it just wont work. You need to give it time, build up the momentum and work the goal. You can't just kick it up and expect to score, if you knew tactics you would of course know this so I don't see why I'm telling you this...oh wait I know why I am, so let's carry on. If you took notice of our players you would see SWP has had an ongoing knee injury since the Schalke game, you notice the little blue strap on his little tiny knee... or are to busy with your trials at football clubs, if you've had so many at what point do you want to get signed up? Anyway, tactics. Hughes wanted to keep SWP on because all though he is injured he can still produce something, at the point of 1:0 we want to bring on a attacking player for a defensive player, not for another attacker. You know... a attacking style? Tactics?

Who cares if they're small? You can be really small but you can have a massive leap. When you coach or train with a team you will notice key aspects of a players game. They maybe tall but can't head. They maybe small but can leap. It looks like you can't see key aspects of a players game, this would be the answer as to why you've had so many "trials" without being signed up.

Oh here we go. The juicy stuff. You've had trials? You do realise anyone can have "trials". Just walk down on open days and pay £20 or if they're decent, it's free. Scouted is when the clubs come in for you. If you've had so many trials why haven't you been signed up yet? Yawn, who says wack? And this about tactics, not a players skill. And if you must know, I'm not that bad at football. By your posts, you go and watch City week in week out but can't get a grip of the way we play, if you can't notice citys style how are you going to notice an amature team? Complete ********.

At which point do you want to be asked to coach a under severns team as part of your coaching badges?

Still ignoring the fact about Robinho?

JackBuddy
01-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Didn't Beckham famously get sent off in that game against Argentina for reacting in a similar way to SWP?
Delap shoulda made a meal out of it.

sock
01-02-2009, 12:15 PM
I believe you'll find the formation was looking, we had a higher percentage of possession. You can't expect to run through the Stoke defence at Stokes own ground, it just wont work. You need to give it time, build up the momentum and work the goal. You can't just kick it up and expect to score, if you knew tactics you would of course know this so I don't see why I'm telling you this...oh wait I know why I am, so let's carry on. If you took notice of our players you would see SWP has had an ongoing knee injury since the Schalke game, you notice the little blue strap on his little tiny knee... or are to busy with your trials at football clubs, if you've had so many at what point do you want to get signed up? Anyway, tactics. Hughes wanted to keep SWP on because all though he is injured he can still produce something, at the point of 1:0 we want to bring on a attacking player for a defensive player, not for another attacker. You know... a attacking style? Tactics?

Who cares if they're small? You can be really small but you can have a massive leap. When you coach or train with a team you will notice key aspects of a players game. They maybe tall but can't head. They maybe small but can leap. It looks like you can't see key aspects of a players game, this would be the answer as to why you've had so many "trials" without being signed up.

Oh here we go. The juicy stuff. You've had trials? You do realise anyone can have "trials". Just walk down on open days and pay £20 or if they're decent, it's free. Scouted is when the clubs come in for you. If you've had so many trials why haven't you been signed up yet? Yawn, who says wack? And this about tactics, not a players skill. And if you must know, I'm not that bad at football. By your posts, you go and watch City week in week out but can't get a grip of the way we play, if you can't notice citys style how are you going to notice an amature team? Complete ********.

At which point do you want to be asked to coach a under severns team as part of your coaching badges?

Still ignoring the fact about Robinho?

As you said, SWP was getting kicked out the game, and as he was, he can't produce anything "special"

Obviously if you've worked out, none of our players do have a 'massive' leap. As you have seen time and time again, as the ball comes in the air for Robinho and SWP, they don't even try and jump, because theres no point.

No Minstrels, you've got this wrong, i've been scouted by these clubs and then had trials. As you haven't had one, you won't understand, that when you get scouted, you have to have trials, before playing for the team, to see if you can play well on a consistent basis. I played for Stockport for 2 years and Oldham for another.

You wern't talking about City though, thats the thing, you were clearly talking about tactics, and I was saying I know I have an understanding of tactics.

And no I don't watch City every other week as I go to watch this 'amateur' team. I am not full of money so I can't watch them as I like.
I've been to.. Portsmouth, Man United, Hull, Nottm Forest, Wigan and Newcastle.

Minstrels
01-02-2009, 12:19 PM
As you said, SWP was getting kicked out the game, and as he was, he can't produce anything "special"

Obviously if you've worked out, none of our players do have a 'massive' leap. As you have seen time and time again, as the ball comes in the air for Robinho and SWP, they don't even try and jump, because theres no point.

No Minstrels, you've got this wrong, i've been scouted by these clubs and then had trials. As you haven't had one, you won't understand, that when you get scouted, you have to have trials, before playing for the team, to see if you can play well on a consistent basis. I played for Stockport for 2 years and Oldham for another.

You wern't talking about City though, thats the thing, you were clearly talking about tactics, and I was saying I know I have an understanding of tactics.

And no I don't watch City every other week as I go to watch this 'amateur' team. I am not full of money so I can't watch them as I like.
I've been to.. Portsmouth, Man United, Hull, Nottm Forest, Wigan and Newcastle.
He's being kicked out of a game, he's injured yet he can still bring about a moment of magic.

I've worked that out yes however Bridge hasn't. Were talking about Bridge here, not me.

No, you can pay for trials at Halifax football club and Bury. As a guy at my school did and we took the piss out of him for paying and not being scouted.

Yes I was talking about City. You said City were crap. I said it was good tactics and so on. How is a thread about City and Stoke not involving City?

Then how do you "understand" Citys tactics?

sock
01-02-2009, 12:35 PM
No you wern't, you said I didn't know anything about tactics, city's tactics are just the same as tactics, you can play whatever tactic you want to win the game it doesn't have 'to be city's'

So Bridge hasn't worked out the players aren't small and can't leap. Players from other teams even know that.

You can't say City were using a good tactic in that game, you can't stay with the same tactic every game and expect to win, you have to change things around.

As you see, I haven't had trials at Halifax and Bury.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!