PDA

View Full Version : Ipod touch 2g tethered jailbreak

Coheed&Cambria
31-01-2009, 02:52 PM
http://redsn0w.com/rslite101.zip

Im just going to wait untill they realease a untethered version.

Have fun if your going to use it!

Dentafrice
31-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah a few of us have had it a few days. Works alright, interested in making a simple serial dongle out of an iPod shuffle though.

Flisker
31-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah a few of us have had it a few days. Works alright, interested in making a simple serial dongle out of an iPod shuffle though.
You can't really do much on a iPod shuffle...

Dentafrice
31-01-2009, 06:16 PM
You can't really do much on a iPod shuffle...
What are you talking about?

Of course you can't do much on an iPod shuffle, I wasn't talking about that.. I was talking about making a dongle, to inject the patch out of the casing for an iPod shuffle.

Wouldn't be that hard to get the connector inside the case, just melt out the side, and use the original play/pause button to inject it.

myke
31-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Ok.. what does this mean for the average ipod touch user, that doesn't understand the word tethered? haha...

Stephen!
31-01-2009, 06:37 PM
You need to plug it in to the computer if you want it to boot. Or something like that

Dentafrice
31-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Ok.. what does this mean for the average ipod touch user, that doesn't understand the word tethered? haha...
It means you need to be plugged into a computer, or some sort of device, to inject the patch each and every reboot (not sleep mode).

If you don't, the screen turns white and you cannot go any farther until the patch is injected.

This is due to the signature checks that fail when you have the unsigned code.

myke
31-01-2009, 08:40 PM
aw :(

i hardly ever reboot mine.. but i'll wait for the untethered i guess

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!