PDA

View Full Version : AC 2

Lee.Norman
31-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey,

Im just wondering if anyone knows much about Assassins Creed 2, and when its due for release.

I loved the first one, and the second was original scheduled for release in Nov 08. But it was obviously delayed, and they still haven't confirmed a new release date.

I know bits about what the game is going to include, like the ability to swim. But other parts are still a mystery.

Anyone else got any information? :)

Neil
31-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey,

Im just wondering if anyone knows much about Assassins Creed 2, and when its due for release.

I loved the first one, and the second was original scheduled for release in Nov 08. But it was obviously delayed, and they still haven't confirmed a new release date.

I know bits about what the game is going to include, like the ability to swim. But other parts are still a mystery.

Anyone else got any information? :)

It has never had a set release date, they barely even confirmed it in November let alone set a release date for it, chances are it wont be out until 2010 when they said they wanted to release it.

dbgtz
31-01-2009, 06:59 PM
4th december i think
i looked on play :P

oh to be confirmed again

Lee.Norman
31-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Cheers Guys.

And when I said about it was due to be release in October 08. Its because before the first was even released, it was confirmed that they were going to make it a trilogy, releasing one game each year, around November.

But it was such a huge success, they wanted to perfect the next one before releasing it. Thats why its going to take so long.

2010 does sound about right now. Sadly. So many unanswered questions, that I need explained in the sequel. Lol.

Neil
01-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Cheers Guys.

And when I said about it was due to be release in October 08. Its because before the first was even released, it was confirmed that they were going to make it a trilogy, releasing one game each year, around November.

But it was such a huge success, they wanted to perfect the next one before releasing it. Thats why its going to take so long.

2010 does sound about right now. Sadly. So many unanswered questions, that I need explained in the sequel. Lol.

They confirmed it would be a trilogy but never said they were releasing one every year.

It was also a failure considering what was actually expected of it.

Where are you pulling this crap from? :rolleyes:

Andeeh
01-02-2009, 08:02 PM
TBA Release date.

and a trilogy every year? as neil said were r u getting this from?

Lee.Norman
01-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Im getting it from the monthly newsletter that I get from Ubisoft.

Originally it was supposed to be one a year. But that idea was scrapped shortly after the release of the first game. Simply because they realised there was a lot of adjustments needed to perfect the game.

As for it being a success. Maybe not in terms of sales, but it was in terms of feedback. It obtained an average rating from gaming magazines of 96%... But you're right if you are talking about the level of sales. After releasing the special edition versions of the game, they were still 12% below their original desired level of sales. So in that sense, it wasnt a great success.

But I suggest that you gather most of your facts before replying to a thread. I asked about any up to date news on the release. I wasn't interested in wrong information regarding their original schedule. I am well aware that it changed a long time ago... But ORIGINALLY, before the first release, it was planned to be released once a year around Oct/Nov, in time for christmas. As the first one was...

Neil
02-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Im getting it from the monthly newsletter that I get from Ubisoft.

Originally it was supposed to be one a year. But that idea was scrapped shortly after the release of the first game. Simply because they realised there was a lot of adjustments needed to perfect the game.

As for it being a success. Maybe not in terms of sales, but it was in terms of feedback. It obtained an average rating from gaming magazines of 96%... But you're right if you are talking about the level of sales. After releasing the special edition versions of the game, they were still 12% below their original desired level of sales. So in that sense, it wasnt a great success.

But I suggest that you gather most of your facts before replying to a thread. I asked about any up to date news on the release. I wasn't interested in wrong information regarding their original schedule. I am well aware that it changed a long time ago... But ORIGINALLY, before the first release, it was planned to be released once a year around Oct/Nov, in time for christmas. As the first one was...

To be honest if they were ever going to release a new AC every year I would of heard about it, the internet would of been full of infomation and announcements about it, you are the first person I've heard this from, get some proof that they were originally going to do this, you can't say you have fact when you're the only person that was ever even aware of this, they confirmed a trilogy, they never said when the second game was coming out, they never said anything other than the fact it would be a trilogy, those are facts, that's all the infomation about AC2 that has officially been released, don't tell me I don't have the facts when you haven't given proof of what you're saying.

Lee.Norman
04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
I wish I could give you proof. But like I said... Thats what the newsletter said, before the first game was released. And now I haven't got that email, as it was so long ago.

I will accept that this was not very well known information. And I apologise for saying you didnt have your facts right. Because out of everyone I've spoken to about this, only two others new what I was talking about.

Besides all that. The real point of the thread was to find out if anyone had any new information about its release. As i can't find any. Its becoming quite obvious that they are yet to release any information.

Thanks for your help anyway. I will post any new information I receive, and next time I will show some evidence.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!