PDA

View Full Version : Can you...

DrLacero
01-02-2009, 07:26 PM

I went to a LAN party yesterday and during transport the aerial for my wireless card snapped, so I can't stay logged on long enough to play. I'm on a laptop at the moment and I've lent my discs to a friend so he can try it, so I was wondering if I could log my account on the trial client.

Decapitated
01-02-2009, 07:29 PM
As long as it's not the streaming client then i think you can.

J0SH
01-02-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't think you can use your full account on a trial because it's not a trial account it's a WoTLK account isn't it? Just creat a free trial account on wow-europe and that would work :P

Nemo
01-02-2009, 08:14 PM
You can use ur full account on a downloaded version, but if your account is upgraded to TBC + Wrath, it'll need TBC and Wrath downloaded in order to play

DrLacero
01-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys, +rep (Nemo and Decapitated I need to spread for you)

I can't find any indication of files used outside of the wow directory, do you reckon I could just copy + paste my installation over? :P

J0SH
01-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Cheers mate, and I think you've gotta put your WoW folder and everything in there, then when you click it just open launcher.exe and it should work I'm not sure :P

Yonder
01-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Tbh mine isnt upgrading to anything and i remember trying to use the stream version and it doesnt work when i tried using my full account.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!