PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Windows 7

MrPinkPanther
01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Ive partioned my hard drive. Burnt Windows 7 to a DVD but when I reboot my PC it doesn't automatically load from the DVD like all of the guides say it will. What have I done wrong?

Daedryon
01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Installed Windows. Try deleting System32.

Tomm
01-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Alter the BIOS to make the CD/DVD drive the first boot device.

Jordulti
08-02-2009, 07:48 AM
depending on the computer you can hit f10 or f12 then select boot from cd/dvd

engaged
08-02-2009, 07:53 AM
when i downloaded windows 7, i opened the ISO with winrar and ran the installer, you should have done that :l

Turbocom
09-02-2009, 03:01 AM
thats not possible, you can't run and iso..

Chippiewill
09-02-2009, 05:18 PM
You dont know what winrar is do you?

Winrar extracts all the files out of the ISO and make them go in a folder which you can run them out of. (I use daemon tools personally since you can trick a game into thinking the disc is in the drive)

Jordan,
09-02-2009, 05:25 PM
if you dont know how to burn a ISO dont install windows 7 :S

MrPinkPanther
09-02-2009, 09:51 PM
if you dont know how to burn a ISO dont install windows 7 :S
Dont worry its solved. It was my old rubbishy PC. I tried it in my laptop and it worked fine :)

Turbocom
10-02-2009, 02:38 AM
You dont know what winrar is do you?

Winrar extracts all the files out of the ISO and make them go in a folder which you can run them out of. (I use daemon tools personally since you can trick a game into thinking the disc is in the drive)
WinRar (.rar) is the most common extension in downloads to this date, either from rapidshare, megaupload, and even major websites. WinRar the program can open any time of extension from .zip to .cab, to even 7 zip.

WinRar is only an extraction program, unless you tell WinRar to extract ISO files Option > Settings > Intergration > ISO WinRar will not open the files.

No, I don't know what WinRar is please tell me.

Agnostic Bear
12-02-2009, 11:13 AM
WinRar (.rar) is the most common extension in downloads to this date, either from rapidshare, megaupload, and even major websites. WinRar the program can open any time of extension from .zip to .cab, to even 7 zip.

WinRar is only an extraction program, unless you tell WinRar to extract ISO files Option > Settings > Intergration > ISO WinRar will not open the files.

No, I don't know what WinRar is please tell me.

What are you talking about? WinRAR will open ISO files without silly "integration", just double click the damn file. Then again so will 7zip, which is a better program anyway, and free.

Please stop making a fool of yourself.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!