PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista Won't Stay Logged In?

Mickster
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Hey, I have Vista Home Premium and I've just started having some problems. I installed FlyAKite (Makes Windows look and feel like OSX) after making sure it was safe. I didn't install all features, only a few. Anyway, now everytime I log in, after about 10 seconds everything disappears and i'm left with a window saying something about the Logon Application not responding (It's only there for about 2 seconds) and I'm automatically logged out. Log back in and exactly the same thing happens. I thought it was something to do with FlyAKite but it seems it wasn't. Then I thought it might be the Sidebar, I don't think it is. I've noticed it happens just before Windows Live Messenger would start up, so any ideas what the problem might be?

I'm typing this on Safe Mode incase you were wondering.
Thanks! Please help :(

EDIT: Windows Live starts in Safe Mode so that may not be the problem either.

Flisker
02-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Do a system restore back to before you installed it.

scottish
03-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Uninstall the FlyAkite or whatever and use proper windows. the things messing up vista or something and causing it to crash thus logging you out.

TETRIS.exe
03-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Scrap FlyAKite and buy/download a free trial of Stardock WindowBlinds (which is compatiable with vista) and download a Mac OS X Leopard skin from wincustomise. Now, download Stardock ObjectDock or RocketDock (ObjectDock works with vista, not sure about rocketdock) and get a Mac Leopard skin for that.

Also, before you download ANYTHING from a safe website, check the system requirements. Do any of them have OS: Windows Vista on it? If not, DONT DOWNLOAD.

If that doesnt fix it, get the repair disc and repair Vista to go on System Restore like someone else said or (you're not likely to do this, due to credit crunch :eusa_wall) get a Windows Vista disc. NO PIRACY! NO TORRENTS! NO LIMEWIRE! Get a legiminate copy of Windows Vista. (cant spell legiminate) ask your friend to borrow one if he has one.
Thats all i know.

Calgon
04-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Scrap FlyAKite and buy/download a free trial of Stardock WindowBlinds (which is compatiable with vista) and download a Mac OS X Leopard skin from wincustomise. Now, download Stardock ObjectDock or RocketDock (ObjectDock works with vista, not sure about rocketdock) and get a Mac Leopard skin for that.

Also, before you download ANYTHING from a safe website, check the system requirements. Do any of them have OS: Windows Vista on it? If not, DONT DOWNLOAD.

If that doesnt fix it, get the repair disc and repair Vista to go on System Restore like someone else said or (you're not likely to do this, due to credit crunch :eusa_wall) get a Windows Vista disc. NO PIRACY! NO TORRENTS! NO LIMEWIRE! Get a legiminate copy of Windows Vista. (cant spell legiminate) ask your friend to borrow one if he has one.
Thats all i know.
Roger that.

Rocket dock is great, however I don't agree on you bad mouthing piracy, it's what keeps the world spinning around.

(cant spell legiminate)

* Legitimate

:P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!