PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Hacked

Dippindonut1
02-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I was hacked last Saturday through a method called 'reverting'. I dont know what this, so if anyone could just say what it is I would much appreciate it :)

They did it through MSN and then got onto Habbo that way. At first they just posted it on a hack forum as 'Good Own' and that they did it just for the fun of it, however, a few days later they stole all 5T worth of furni I had.

Quite annoying really, all the furni that you have worked up ages for, just gone because someone did it for 'fun'.

brandon
02-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Reverting is where they provide Hotmail details about yourself such as IP address, name etc in order to get a reset email for your password. Sorry to read that, don't use Hotmail ;)

Alex3213
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
It's sad to see you're hacked :(. What sort of email are you using for forums and Habbo etc? Like Hotmail, Yahoo etc - as that is why you have been hacked. It's probably Hotmail. Once again, sorry to hear you were hacked :(.

e5
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
hotmail 4 habbo = bad

edgates
02-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah, sorry to hear that Tom.

Hope you've changed your email on there now, but you're slowly regaining your furni!

Dippindonut1
02-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah i used Hotmail unfortunately! I have changed it now to a different email provider and have kept it secret.

Kyle
02-02-2009, 07:01 PM
and the moral of the story is don't tell habbos the email address linking to your habbo account.

Traume
02-02-2009, 07:37 PM
with the revert link i have (ive never used) all you need is email and secret question. its best to use a different email for habbo than anything you will give out like msn because that way you dont have to tell anyone your habbo email and your safe :D

Clowgon
03-02-2009, 08:08 AM
with the revert link i have (ive never used) all you need is email and secret question. its best to use a different email for habbo than anything you will give out like msn because that way you dont have to tell anyone your habbo email and your safe :D

Yeah i agree, Tom, your name was on ********** a few weeks ago but i think they some dude accessed your account for fun or w/e.

Hotmail is a good service you just got to be curious on who you give your personal details. You may have some one on hotmail contacts ready to pounce.

That's why rich habbos don't use their main Msn or w/e and link it with Habbo, just use for example [email protected] and don't tell anyone! Also delete any habbo emails COMPLETELY so if you ever do get hacked again they won't be able to trace it to the new it to the new email you stored.

I hope you come back! Your one of best Games room hosts out there!

Kyle
03-02-2009, 04:33 PM
the "revert link" you have can be accessed by anybody in like 5 seconds and for proper reverting you don't need secret question but need ip and dob

Traume
03-02-2009, 06:21 PM
the "revert link" you have can be accessed by anybody in like 5 seconds and for proper reverting you don't need secret question but need ip and dob
ahh i thought the ip & dob one wasnt real :P
hmm, well yes. its easy to get into your emails so use a spam/spare one for habbo :)

crazed
03-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Ouch, a certain forum member did this to me. Wont point fingers tho

Kyle
03-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Ouch, a certain forum member did this to me. Wont point fingers tho
o dear unluki for u

Ardemax
04-02-2009, 06:58 AM
As soon as they hacked you, you needed to change all your info then.
Sorry to hear that though.

Immenseman
04-02-2009, 07:50 AM
i hate reverters :l unlucky mate

chronicle
04-02-2009, 09:41 AM
My first habbo account on the Dutch hotel got hacked through reverting. but luckily by using safety-ban I bought more time and took the chance to take all my furni away to a safe account before the hacker could get it ;)
Unfortunatly exchangeable credits didn't exist back then so the hacker still got away with 12 credits spended and 2 opened gifts :@

leah
04-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Unlucky :(
next time have your habbo email different to your msn

Blinger1
04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Unlucky :(
next time have your habbo email different to your msn
Mate, that has been said about 20 times.

No need to repost what has already been said.

crazed
04-02-2009, 12:40 PM
o dear unluki for u

Get sum friends.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!