PDA

View Full Version : Arshavin Seals Arsenal Move

Brody
03-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Sky sources understand Andrei Arshavin has officially completed his transfer from Zenit St Petersburg to Arsenal, signing a three-and-a-half-year deal with the Gunners.
The Russia international passed a medical and agreed personal terms with Arsenal on Monday, but the switch to Emirates Stadium was not sealed until the day after the deadline, following delayed ratification from the Premier League.
The move follows a hugely protracted saga which included lengthy negotiations between the Gunners and Zenit over the attacker's fee, with the Uefa Cup holders pushing for a lump sum of £15million.
Arshavin and Zenit were also in talks over a final payment that threatened to scupper the move, but the deal has now been rubber-stamped after the matter was resolved and the paperwork finalised on Tuesday.
The talented schemer could make his Arsenal debut against bitter North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday, live on Sky Sports 1 & HD1, as the club seek to break back into the top four.

Finallyyyy! :D Hopefully make his debut vs spurs :)

Jack.Lfc
03-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Nice to see him in the PL.

The game for arsenal is already lost, tottenham have keane BE AWARE.

Jord
03-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Lets hope us gunners get better now ;]

Cypher-
03-02-2009, 05:32 PM

I sense sarcasm... I think lol!

Brody
03-02-2009, 05:42 PM
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6444/gun1233680011arshavingagh9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/gun1233680011arshavingagh9.jpg/1/w498.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img516/gun1233680011arshavingagh9.jpg/1/)

Arshavin is unlikely to make debut against spurs as he is not match fit apparently he said in an interview we will wait and see and be decided on friday or saturday.

I see him has a player than can bring things to live for arsenal and just add a little bit of extra class to arsenal:)

Immenseman
03-02-2009, 05:51 PM
I think he's a wicked player, will link play up for Arsenal. Score and supply goals.

Throne Sofa
03-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Nice to see the FA bending the rules for Arsenal.

Skajo
03-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Nice to see the FA bending the rules for Arsenal.
The FA didn't. All paperwork was submitted before 5PM. Nice accusations though.

JackBuddy
03-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Sky sources understand Andrei Arshavin has officially completed his transfer from Zenit St Petersburg to Arsenal, signing a three-and-a-half-year deal with the Gunners.
The Russia international passed a medical and agreed personal terms with Arsenal on Monday, but the switch to Emirates Stadium was not sealed until the day after the deadline, following delayed ratification from the Premier League.
The move follows a hugely protracted saga which included lengthy negotiations between the Gunners and Zenit over the attacker's fee, with the Uefa Cup holders pushing for a lump sum of £15million.
Arshavin and Zenit were also in talks over a final payment that threatened to scupper the move, but the deal has now been rubber-stamped after the matter was resolved and the paperwork finalised on Tuesday.
The talented schemer could make his Arsenal debut against bitter North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday, live on Sky Sports 1 & HD1, as the club seek to break back into the top four.

Finallyyyy! :D Hopefully make his debut vs spurs :)
bring it on *******

sock
03-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Arsenal sign a very known and great player for 13.5M

and

City sign Bellamy for a similar price

Minstrels
03-02-2009, 08:10 PM
I don't understand why this deal was allowed to go through when he was in London yesterday morning.

And Sock, please give it up. Your having ago at a City player for playing two games? Who scored on his debut? The WINNING goal? The goal which got us three points which we needed? A player who is used to life in the premiership who we wont risk needing weeks to settle in? We need goals now so we got Bellamy. :rolleyes:

Loser
03-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Wish he was here for the game at NP.

The Undertaker
03-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I don't understand why this deal was allowed to go through when he was in London yesterday morning.

All the paperwork was submitted before 5pm yesterday. The paperwork wasn't officially checked until today.

& Finally we got him :D Hopefully he'll make a big difference.

Disaronno
03-02-2009, 09:11 PM

Not really.

And Sock, please give it up. Your having ago at a City player for playing two games? Who scored on his debut? The WINNING goal? The goal which got us three points which we needed? A player who is used to life in the premiership who we wont risk needing weeks to settle in? We need goals now so we got Bellamy. :rolleyes:
If your going to tell people to give up then give up being a complete ass and trying to prove everyone wrong, you never acutally post nicely anymore your just arrogant all the time now. The reason why it was delayed has been posted above me so i dont need to repeat and Bellamy isnt exactly worth 13.5 million pounds, he is hardly the worlds best striker nor is he a prolific goal scorer. He scored on his debut, woopydoo, so what if it was one goal or the winning goal makes no difference to him being worth about £2.

Geraint
03-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Unlucky Zenit. Wanted more money, Arsenal refused so they made the transfer public but it failed :lol:

Throne Sofa
04-02-2009, 12:15 AM
The FA didn't. All paperwork was submitted before 5PM. Nice accusations though.
Then how come Zenit, in their statement, claimed it went through in "Extra time"? - What the **** does that mean? Wonder what would have happened if it had went to penalty's? :rolleyes:

The flexiability was only allowed if the two clubs could prove adverse weather conditions effected the deal, yet Arshavin was all ready in London from the day before. The amount of time both clubs took to confirm the deal is as suspicious as well. If all the paperwork went in before 5PM, then how come it couldn't be released a few hours later like Quaresma, Keane and Chopra?

Geraint
04-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Spurs fans getting jealous already?

Minstrels
04-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Not really.

If your going to tell people to give up then give up being a complete ass and trying to prove everyone wrong, you never acutally post nicely anymore your just arrogant all the time now. The reason why it was delayed has been posted above me so i dont need to repeat and Bellamy isnt exactly worth 13.5 million pounds, he is hardly the worlds best striker nor is he a prolific goal scorer. He scored on his debut, woopydoo, so what if it was one goal or the winning goal makes no difference to him being worth about £2.
Yes really... Zenit were still demanding more money yesterday, hardly an agreed fee.

And at I hardly think the worlds finest will join our club in January, the only players which would come would be Premiership players who had something to prove, something to inspire them. Bellamy, Bridge and De Jong are all grafters, this is what Hughes wanted. He wanted players which would bust a gut if we were losing, as proved against Stoke.

Lee.Norman
04-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Then how come Zenit, in their statement, claimed it went through in "Extra time"? - What the **** does that mean? Wonder what would have happened if it had went to penalty's? :rolleyes:

The flexiability was only allowed if the two clubs could prove adverse weather conditions effected the deal, yet Arshavin was all ready in London from the day before. The amount of time both clubs took to confirm the deal is as suspicious as well. If all the paperwork went in before 5PM, then how come it couldn't be released a few hours later like Quaresma, Keane and Chopra?

From what I've heard, you are right about the flexibility being due to the extreme weather conditions. According to Sky Sports News, although Arshavin was in London. He was only in London looking for places to live, as he was confident that the deal would go through. His agent and Zenits club representative weren't in London, and couldn't make it to London because of the weather. This is why ALL transfers were allowed to be made of Tuesday, if approved by the FA.

But as said by someone before. The original paperwork must be have drawn up and ready before 5pm Monday. Due to the unforseen circumstances, the FA decided to look at each transfer individually, and decided which transfers had progressed enough by the original transfer deadline. If they had, they allowed the transfer go through the next day.

Theres been no complaints from rival teams, so I dont see a problem. Im a united fan, and don't care that they've signed him after the deadline. Arsenal are still going to finish below Villa, and not make Champions League Football :D

I hope this cleared some of it up. Still sounds slightly dodgy. But its happened, and cant be undone. So who really cares. Lmao

Skajo
04-02-2009, 01:12 PM

There was one guy at the FA registration office yesterday. I think he had a home to go to. I don't know but I just THINK he might. He left work until the next day, checked over everything - times/contracts/visas etc thoroughly due to it being .

Put it this way, you're wrong.

Loser
04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Word going round is, all the paperwork was completed in time, but there was an error made and was corrected after the deadline.

sock
04-02-2009, 04:31 PM

give up on what?

I meant that Bellamy is hardly known outside England yet arshavin is worldwide known?

And why do you keep saying your 'in the know' like you know what hughes wants and who he signs? when clearly you've been proven wrong so many times and so many people in the sports and hobbies forum would agree with me.

Minstrels
04-02-2009, 05:28 PM
give up on what?

I meant that Bellamy is hardly known outside England yet arshavin is worldwide known?

And why do you keep saying your 'in the know' like you know what hughes wants and who he signs? when clearly you've been proven wrong so many times and so many people in the sports and hobbies forum would agree with me.
At what point did I put "in the know"? I can't see it..? I suggest you click here. (http://www.specsavers.co.uk/?gclid=CKKtiOSww5gCFQ4yQgodkmW40w&gclid=CKKtiOSww5gCFQ4yQgodkmW40w) If you read the official match programme (this is something we buy when we go to games) you'll see who Hughes wants. Also why does it matter if Arshavin is known world wide? A player could kill his family, he would be known world wide but for all the wrong reasons.

And give up slating City players. On Saturday it was Kompany and now it's Bellamy?

And some people in the sports forum don't like me, that would be because I don't stand for people posting crap. If you post crap you deserve someone telling you that you're posting crap.

I wont lose any sleep over you and some people not liking me over HxF.

Flamedragon3
05-02-2009, 09:44 AM
give up slating City players.
Give up slating our manager? And give up argueing with other City fans, your putting a bad reputation on our club and fans.

Minstrels
05-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Give up slating our manager? And give up argueing with other City fans, your putting a bad reputation on our club and fans.
I haven't slated him for a long time. :rolleyes:

And no, if he's slating players he needs to be told to stop.

sock
05-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Oh dear, deary, deary.

I never slate our players, just don't like it when they don't put out any effort, and I didn't singlely slate and i don't slate Kompany as I never talk about him for the bad reasons.

Bellamy wasn't a slate, but obviously he isn't worth 13.5M like Kaka wasn't worth or any player worth 100M.

why are you arguing with me for something everyone else agrees with me for?

Loser
05-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Slating players who are performing badly is fine.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!