PDA

View Full Version : Would this be possible

iJoe
05-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Hey,

Well, on nexdana, I'd like it so that people can take screenshots of their highscores on games pretty easily. I use the tehupload application and am wondering if theres any way the way you can select areas on that, can be done online.

So basically, user clicks a button then selects area of game

Or

User clicks a button and it takes a screenshot of the set game area

Then obviously uploads and gives them a link.

Is there a way I can implement this or maybe a site has an api I can use to work this?

Joe

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section, not sure if it would go into any of the sub-forums

Calgon
06-02-2009, 10:21 AM
http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=screenshot+website+javascript

Ryzie
06-02-2009, 02:37 PM
It's really hard to take "Screenshots" using a language, such as Javascript, or PHP. I've tried doing this a while back.

I looked around, and the main thing you could do, is setup your server, with a 3rd party program on it, which takes a screenshot on request.

Good Luck with it though.

iJoe
06-02-2009, 04:50 PM
http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=screenshot+website+javascript

If i knew it was javascript I would google it.

Whats the point in a forum if you're just gonna give out google links? In this case, scrap all the help forums in here and just replace them with google boxes. Thanks but no thanks :/

It's really hard to take "Screenshots" using a language, such as Javascript, or PHP. I've tried doing this a while back.

I looked around, and the main thing you could do, is setup your server, with a 3rd party program on it, which takes a screenshot on request.

Good Luck with it though.

Thanks for the goodluck :)

I'm having a look through the google results, looks pretty hard though. I'll give some of them a go when I get the time and mindset haha

Calgon
06-02-2009, 08:15 PM
If i knew it was javascript I would google it.

Whats the point in a forum if you're just gonna give out google links? In this case, scrap all the help forums in here and just replace them with google boxes. Thanks but no thanks :/

Thanks for the goodluck :)

I'm having a look through the google results, looks pretty hard though. I'll give some of them a go when I get the time and mindset haha
Just Google the resource you're looking for, as a last resort spam the forums up..? lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!