PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Fake Habbo support emails

kostas22
05-02-2009, 10:38 PM
I have recieved 2 different emails recently claiming to be UK Hotel Support, claiming my account needs to be re-verified, as my account has been logged into by X amount of IPs. It asks for your DOB and password.
This is a very bad scam quality wise - its will probable be obvious to even new Habbo users.
First giveaway is: Incorrect username - of the two emails I got, one didnt include a username, the other had one like BlueCrush or something. VERY obvious scam.
There are some other giveaways though:

Sender address is "[email protected]" - not the actual Habbo support address (which is [email protected])
Reply address is "[email protected]"
The Sender ID for official Habbo communications is "Habbo Hotel Mailer". In this case it was "Habbo Uk"
Poor Grammar/Spelling

Don't reply to these emails ever! Habbo will never ask for your DOB, password or any other information. Also, make sure when you are entering these details into a form, the site is authenticated and is encryted! If it isnt, it will likely be a scam!!

9y
06-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah, some people might have a bit of knowledge to make these emails, but they cant even use spellcheck. Used to get these from runescape too xD

Immenseman
06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I hope most people know this already but nice of you to warn others. Like you said they would NEVER EVER need your password so any emails telling you so are scams.

Ardemax
06-02-2009, 04:04 PM
We've had about a dozen of these threads.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!