PDA

View Full Version : GTA: MP

J0SH
05-02-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm going to order San Andreas from the internet tomorrow hopefully because I can't get onto MP with the Steam version which sucks, does it cost to creat your own server and can you just type a command to spawn different cars etc, thanks.

Planed
06-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Nah it doesnt just make sure if you want to run a good server you have a dedicated server box, or unless you wanna just mess about with spawning vehicles and such down the SAMP Server Client rather then the SAMP Client download.

If your looking for good servers there are a few out their a well known RP server is LSRP. www.LS-RP.com

Describe
06-02-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm guessing it's almost 100% to sa:mp. Yes, having your own server can cost if you don't run it off your own computer. My friend spent three pound on a server from serverFFS.com that lasted him about a week. It's difficult to script servers, very time consuming. You can get preset gamemodes if your new to scripting, most deathmatch/stunt servers are similiar because they run off the same type of game engine someones made. You also have to script cars into your own server, if it's not one of the pre-made thingys.

J0SH
06-02-2009, 01:17 AM
If I was on someones server, would I be able to type something to spawn a certain car?

Planed
06-02-2009, 09:06 PM
If you was an admin on it or it was a server with a script that would let you do that (Which there are some) then yeah.

Scripting isnt that hard, alot of people can do it. I can do it but its if you have the experience with greating a hardcore script that is actually good. Most good scripters are involved with roleplay servers, which is not what you are looking for. The ones you are looking for are the Freeroam or DM servers.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!