PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm

Ashhizzle
06-02-2009, 09:06 PM
I got a Samsung tocco, And im pleased with it... but i know i could have gone better.

I was wondering, if it was "stolen" in a few months time when vodafone stop selling it would they replace it with a newer phone? or would i get a refurb.

Im not saying im gunna pretend it gets stolen, i know its fraud. im just expecting it to be stolen :P

Recursion
06-02-2009, 11:14 PM
They would probably give you a refurb or try and track the phone down, its not that hard for a network to track down where it is.

Sunny.
07-02-2009, 06:42 PM
they block the phone, and most networks preinstall a background tracker, so if its ever stolen it sends out GPS signals to locate.

Thts only contract though, :P
To pretend its been stolen you have to go through alot of paperwork like
Report to police
Reference crime number
When it was stolen
Where it was stolen

not worth it imo.

In relation to your question, I reckon you'd get the same phone, even if they dont sell the phone anymore they'll still have one or two.

Recursion
07-02-2009, 07:09 PM
they block the phone, and most networks preinstall a background tracker, so if its ever stolen it sends out GPS signals to locate.

Thts only contract though, :P
To pretend its been stolen you have to go through alot of paperwork like
Report to police
Reference crime number
When it was stolen
Where it was stolen

not worth it imo.

In relation to your question, I reckon you'd get the same phone, even if they dont sell the phone anymore they'll still have one or two.

This is why I came back to Habbox Forum.

They do not install some background tracker, what about phones that don't have built in GPS huh?

Actually its a lot simpler than that, as soon as the phone is turned on they triangulate its position using the celular base stations, much like GPS but 1. will work for every phone 2. No crap applications have to be installed.

It isn't only contract, every network will do it regardless of the payment.

Also I would like to point out, GPS devices only RECEIVE they NEVER transmit.

Sunny.
07-02-2009, 09:05 PM
This is why I came back to Habbox Forum.

They do not install some background tracker, what about phones that don't have built in GPS huh?

Actually its a lot simpler than that, as soon as the phone is turned on they triangulate its position using the celular base stations, much like GPS but 1. will work for every phone 2. No crap applications have to be installed.

It isn't only contract, every network will do it regardless of the payment.

Also I would like to point out, GPS devices only RECEIVE they NEVER transmit.
http://www.gadgettrak.com/products/mobile/

Recursion
08-02-2009, 07:45 AM
http://www.gadgettrak.com/products/mobile/

Oh my god I cannot believe someone made software for that.

Oasis
08-02-2009, 03:34 PM
It'd be pointless. Vodafone most likely don't handle your insurance another company will.
So they'll have loads of your phone in stock. Why not try asking nicely to see if they will swap it for one you now like?

Ashhizzle
08-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Why wouldn't vodafone handle it?

Recursion
08-02-2009, 04:14 PM
They hire out companies to sort their insurance, like when you select the insurance option when your buying a phone, it'll be with a different company.

Oasis
08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Why wouldn't vodafone handle it?

Because if they handled it it'd mean more things for them to do.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!