PDA

View Full Version : o2 unlimited web bolt on.

Sunny.
08-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Okay so its £7.50 a month for the o2 bolt on [extra] and it says,

The O2 Web Bolt On can only be used for internet browsing on your phone. A excessive usage policy applies and if your usage substantially exceeds that of other users, which is normally expected to be below 200MB/month, you will be charged standard rates for additional browsing. We will send you a warning text message advising you to limit your usage before this occurs and a text message to confirm when you are being charged

I want to use it mainly for checking emails, going on msn and other google browsing and bbc.
Will be used for 1-2 hours every day mainly at school when im bored?

Am I likely to exceed 200mb?
Can anyone explain how much 200mb is?

ty

N!ck
08-02-2009, 09:18 PM
The average user probably uses around 100MB per evening on web browsing. On a phone you'll use a reasonable amount less.

alexxxxx
08-02-2009, 09:24 PM
you will be ok.

is this bolt-on on pay and go or on pay monthly.

Sunny.
08-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Do you think 200MB would be enough for use of 1-2 hours on pages like bbc, msn, and hotmail and google search's.

Will only be used in places without wi-fi like my school.

Its on pay as you go :)

cocaine
08-02-2009, 09:31 PM
you do know that if you go over 200mb you'll get charged quite a lot more?

Sunny.
08-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Yer thats why I wanna know whether itl be enough?

They charge at around £1 per mb after so its abit of a ***** if I go over.

N!ck
08-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Yer thats why I wanna know whether itl be enough?

They charge at around £1 per mb after so its abit of a ***** if I go over.

Try it for a month and if it's enough then :) and if you go over then don't get it again.

Ostinato
08-02-2009, 11:47 PM
I have this bolt on and I use it quite a hell of a lot and haven't been charged. Probs use it at least 1 hour per day and sometimes I end up clicking onto internet or something by accident so it runs without me even knowing.

DW they just put the 200mb thing on so you don't sit on itlike 24 hours a day and take it for a total ride.

It's the same with "unlimited" text messages... you actually get like 10,000 or something then once you go over that you get charged.. it's just a fair usage policy.

ReviewDude
08-02-2009, 11:56 PM
The 200MB limit is just an excessive/reasonable use policy, they probably don't even check if people exceed the limit - just use it as a reason to cancel the contracts of people who use it to download terrabytes of data an hour.

I use my O2 phone (w/unlimited interwebs) for the same kind of stuff you mention: Google, MSN, emails, etc. and have never had a problem. On a mobile, you'd be more likely to throw your phone out of a window than sit and wait for 200MB of data to download.

You have nothing, really, to worry about ;)

Recursion
09-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Lets say, if I was stuck with 200MB a month through my phone I would be long in trouble.

T-Mobile give you 2GB a month +... which makes sense as the G1 is CONSTANTLY connecting to the internet :l!!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!