PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Fansite Idea?

Dada
09-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Well I've been wanting to make a habbo fansite for a while, but their are just WAY to many fansites - so I've been trying to think of something to make it more unique and this is what I've come up with:

I'm thinking of making a fansite that's all about habbo alts. A place were you can learn how to make them, download some free ones for your site or just show off your awesome ones. If their are positive comments for this, then I will start working on it. I will probably pay someone to design a rrly pixel layout for it and I'll buy a domain. I also might add a forum (just a mybb one)

Anyway whatcha think?

Edit by Robbie! (Forum Moderator) - Moved to Web Design Projects, please post in the correct section next time, thanks.

Yonder
09-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Not bad idea however.. Alts are just small part of the Habbo community and it is very specific. Unless you can put a lot development and bring a new unique spin on it e.g. weekly competitions etc. If i was going to create something like this id create a whole system such as http://www.pixeljoint.com/ obviously aimed at Habbo.

It could work, i just believe fansites have stepped up from the usual generic sites and to be up their with the top sites you have to think heavy development / web 2.0 / Great design / dynamic functions.

If you are going to create something id suggest you do some hard research. I just spent the better part of three months researching and developing test systems for a new up an coming project.

On the other hand if you are going for small an just something to do then you can easily create something within a couple of days, it probs wouldnt create much traffic that way but it would do what you wanted.

Dada
10-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Not bad idea however.. Alts are just small part of the Habbo community and it is very specific. Unless you can put a lot development and bring a new unique spin on it e.g. weekly competitions etc. If i was going to create something like this id create a whole system such as http://www.pixeljoint.com/ obviously aimed at Habbo.

It could work, i just believe fansites have stepped up from the usual generic sites and to be up their with the top sites you have to think heavy development / web 2.0 / Great design / dynamic functions.

If you are going to create something id suggest you do some hard research. I just spent the better part of three months researching and developing test systems for a new up an coming project.

On the other hand if you are going for small an just something to do then you can easily create something within a couple of days, it probs wouldnt create much traffic that way but it would do what you wanted.

Ty for all the advise and I will be willing to put time and effort into it.

I'm not that experienced though, but I think I might try to get a Joomla gallery addon so that users can submit their work. I'll probably try to buy/make a joomla layout.

Yonder
10-02-2009, 02:08 PM
If you are going for Habbo design then you will have to just buy or create a habbo-ish design and code it into joomla. Which isn't all that hard. Joomla is brilliant for community and has some brilliant free and commercial components/modules/plugins.

damo-2k7
11-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey i am willing to help you make your fansite although you would have to call it Bobba MX because i have recently made a forum named bobba mx.

I do have experience.

So You Need My Help?

Blob
13-02-2009, 06:27 PM
I recommend making it yourself and maybe hiring / getting a partner to help you with PHP and that, not damo who wants to call it bobba mx.

Jayke
13-02-2009, 06:52 PM
If you are still willing to make the site i can provide my coding skills.

Divs/Expands
iFrames
General Content
Script installation
Even use my hosting.

PM me dude.

Curtis:johns
14-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I like the Idea it's interestng, infact I would be willing to host it for you,as long as you would be prepared to work in cooperation with Habbonade (www.habbonade.co.uk (http://www.habbonade.co.uk)) that my site but other then that if you want the free domain space and sponsor ship then contact me. That goes for anyone else ho has any ideas,,,,,

Dada
16-02-2009, 06:58 AM
Curtis that's a good offer, and I'll probably accept but before I do any deal with anyone I want to get the basics started, so I don't end up letting someone down.

and I'd also be looking for a partner who has more experience in pixel art then me

Cutter
09-05-2009, 08:51 PM
sounds like a great idea

CANNIBALEX
10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
I used to do pixel art and i still do web design, but I'm not working on habbo projects anymore. I've got server space though if you need it

Skajo
10-05-2009, 08:27 PM
The best idea is this; don't.

Edited by Xarea (Forum Moderator): please do not be rude :).

hamheyelliot
10-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Another idea is to consider that this thread is 3 months old, and it's likely the project isn't going ahead by now...

Meti
11-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Sounds allright. Goodluck!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!