PDA

View Full Version : USB Infection, files inaccesible

Hatake Kakashi
11-02-2009, 05:09 AM
I think my USB is infected with a virus from the computers in my college. It's either edited the file extension or replaced an important file that I need for thursday with itself because I can't access it (it was a word document). I scanned my flash drive with norton 360 but it says it's clean.
Is there any way for me to recover this file? It's really important that I get it back and fast.
Thanks.

Zak
11-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Can you see the name of the virus? Trojan.AgentMB.JIXQ513316 is a rather new one also known as the 'FUvirus'.

As for accessing your file, try running your computer in safe mode and access it that way.

Scan the USB with a good antivirus eg NOD32/Kapersky/AVG.
It might detect it. I heard bitdefender is good aswell :S

Do not plug your USB into any other computer as this is how these viruses spread.

If you cannot access your file i'd just format it.

Goodluck

Hatake Kakashi
13-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I can't see the name of the virus. Can't access the file because the extension has been changed.
My friend thinks that it could be corrupted through a time block error and the weird file which appeared is a corrupted temp file. He said that he isn't sure unless I can get it to happen again, but I'm not sure how it happened in the first place...
I'll try to find a good virus scanner to see if it is one. Are there any good online ones you can direct me to?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!