PDA

View Full Version : Recruit a friend

Uwe
12-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm going to be recruiting a friend, but I hacve a question (as it isn't clear). When do we actually get the triple experience points etc? When he upgrades or straight away when he starts playing?

Casual
12-02-2009, 03:31 PM
You've got to be in a group with them, around the same level and be close to each other, also every 3 levels they get they can grant any char 1 level :)

Crimson
12-02-2009, 03:41 PM
As he said above.

It starts as soon as he sets up the account but to get triple xp you have to be relatively close to eachother.. in a party etc etc.

Also, I think it's every 2 levels the recruited get's he can grant one level to one of your characters. I'm assuming it's that, as my friend granted an alt of mine 30 levels and he was level 60.

Casual
12-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Oh yeah you can upgrade the account straight away like me n nemo did :)

Uwe
12-02-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm confused on how it works - the rectruiter himself doesn't actually really benefit if on his main account? As you can nly grant levels to people BELOW you level wise? :s

Also, I'm level 5 atm on my new account, meaning I've leveled up 4 levels, my friend is level 4 but it says I haven't leveled up enough to grant levels yet? :S

Crimson
12-02-2009, 04:02 PM
WELLL

If the recruiter levels with you he gets 3x experience as well as you. So, if he makes another char and levels it with you he will level it three times faster than he usually would.

Secondly, he gets to summon you - which isn't really much help... but you can HS, repair - he can summon you back to the questing place.. then he can HS and repair and then you can summon him back to the questing place. So it does help a little.

And only you, as the recruited, can grant levels to someone who is lower levelled than you, (1 grant per 2 levels earned). If it was the other way round it would be stupid as most likely the recruiter would have a man and would be able to level you to level 40 in less than a minute. So you wouldn't experience WoW, questing etc, as a new person to wow (or that's the objective).

But in a sense, it's a little hypocritical on Blizzard's behalf as they don't allow powerlevelling because "Some people can't afford it" and it's unfair - etc. Yet, they're pretty much offering their own powerlevelling service and 'some' people cant access that if they have no friends that want to play... It's a right good debate tbh - I had a good argument sticking up for RaF with a guildie then I realised that actually he was right. But heh - I was winner with 4 level 60+ in less than two weeks.

rnix
13-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I think Recruit a friend is a great idea, as you get some many benfits.

You the recruiter get - A new char + A free month + a free mount (if they buy 2 months & UPGRADE to full)
They get - Really easy levelling + a nice new friend (: and u can summon eachother and stuff (:

Me and Axel have done 2 recruit a friends (:
Its good

Crimson
13-02-2009, 10:38 AM
I think Recruit a friend is a great idea, as you get some many benfits.

You the recruiter get - A new char + A free month + a free mount (if they buy 2 months & UPGRADE to full)
They get - Really easy levelling + a nice new friend (: and u can summon eachother and stuff (:

Me and Axel have done 2 recruit a friends (:
Its good

They recruiter don't really get a new character. They have the choice to make a new character along with the recruited to allow the recruited to get x3 xp. The x3 xp only works if the recruiter and recruited are in the same group and they have to be relatively close. I'm not sure if the recruiter can follow the recruited on their main to allow them to get x3 xp. I think it only works if they're like 10 levels lower or higher at max.

rnix
13-02-2009, 12:32 PM
You gotta be close in levels i know that.
And its a easier way for them to gt a char as they wont have to level it as much.

Jongo
14-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Also if you're getting boosted and the referrer is on a new account with you in the group that also gains you triple XP. Then every time the new player gains a level you just grant them. Also when the new player has been doing quests don't hand them in until the referrer's new account is close to you because you also get triple XP for handing them in. There's also the summoning option which works every hour, which is pretty self explanatory and both members have the ability to use it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!