PDA

View Full Version : Broken Xbox ><

Con
12-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Basically, It turns on fine and then after a few minutes the picture get's all messed up on the dashboard then if I go onto a game it comes up as the game but then you can see loads of green and black writing all over it like the matrix.

Really annoying and I don't know whether its broken or if it's just needs to cool down or something :P

Bought it new in July '07

Anyone experienced/ing this?

Fehm
12-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Are the cables in properly/fully at the back? Not wobbling around, could be distorting the picture lol

Con
12-02-2009, 05:53 PM
^ Tried that.

Now I just got the red ring of death :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Josh-H
12-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I know it's annoying but Xbox warranty service is pretty good. Mines broke twice and came back within 2 weeks both times.

Jord
12-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Looks like your gonna have to send it off :(

Mint
12-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Who was it that told me 360's never break on this forum? :P

I don't own a 360 but it sounds like the problem is visual, it's probably not the laser because you said it's all messed up before you go on a game so it can't be a problem with the game or reading the game. Turn it on and off a few times and tell us if the messed up images are repetetive, if they arn't it might just be a loose wire or some kind of problem with the wires. If it is doing the same types of images then it's likely to be something complicated within your console and only an expert would be able to mend/give advice on that. :P

Jordy
12-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Glad I'm not alone here, this happened to me two days ago too. Sadly this isn't covered though in the warranty until I get a RROD so how can I 'encourage' it to get a RROD as currently it's unusable yet they won't replace it, I spend £20 today on a new VGA Cable as well :(

Whole half term without it :(

Kieeran
12-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Who was it that told me 360's never break on this forum? :P

I don't own a 360 but it sounds like the problem is visual, it's probably not the laser because you said it's all messed up before you go on a game so it can't be a problem with the game or reading the game. Turn it on and off a few times and tell us if the messed up images are repetetive, if they arn't it might just be a loose wire or some kind of problem with the wires. If it is doing the same types of images then it's likely to be something complicated within your console and only an expert would be able to mend/give advice on that. :P

The problems with Xboxs causes visual problems, theres something which shouldve been stuck to the GPU but when the xbox overheats it comes off and if u pick up Xbox & slide it left and right u will hear it moving , thats the most common problem with 360s

Minstrels
12-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Happened to mine, I got the RROD after.

Jordy
12-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Happened to mine, I got the RROD after.Never thought I'd say it but bring on the RROD!

Con
12-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Glad I'm not alone here, this happened to me two days ago too. Sadly this isn't covered though in the warranty until I get a RROD so how can I 'encourage' it to get a RROD as currently it's unusable yet they won't replace it, I spend £20 today on a new VGA Cable as well :(

Whole half term without it :(
mine was fine earlier when my dad was on it, I went on it after school then the picture messed up then I turned it off by the plug, waited about 2 minutes and turned it back on again and it came up with the Error code and the RROD

Anyway, Took it to the shop they are going to give me a phone call tomorrow to say whether or not it's going to be sent off for repair or if I can just go and pick up new one :P

ALSO, Microsoft extended their Warranty period to 3 years after date of purchase because of the high amount of RROD's.

Jordy
12-02-2009, 10:58 PM
mine was fine earlier when my dad was on it, I went on it after school then the picture messed up then I turned it off by the plug, waited about 2 minutes and turned it back on again and it came up with the Error code and the RROD

Anyway, Took it to the shop they are going to give me a phone call tomorrow to say whether or not it's going to be sent off for repair or if I can just go and pick up new one :P

ALSO, Microsoft extended their Warranty period to 3 years after date of purchase because of the high amount of RROD's.Indeed that's why I want a RROD, currently my visual problems aren't covered in the 3 year warranty but only in the 1 year warranty (Ran out just days ago funnily enough).

Con
13-02-2009, 04:52 PM
just got mine back from shop, apparently it's not RROD. I only have 1 red light, but it doesn't work. :@!
So now my dad is making plans of fixing it himself :S

Cisse9
15-02-2009, 11:31 AM
just got mine back from shop, apparently it's not RROD. I only have 1 red light, but it doesn't work. :@!
So now my dad is making plans of fixing it himself :S

Just send it off to microsoft, better to give it to the proffesionals than risking breaking it further.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!