PDA

View Full Version : WoW really WOW?

Dusty-09
12-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm thinking of buying world of warcraft, but I'm not totally convinced its worth it, I've found its time consuming and quite addictive (like if you play 4-5 hours straight per day). But it looks amazing, I've played trials with friends and its the best fun I've had. But I'm also not sure if it will work on my system.

Vista:
2GB Memory RAM
Intel Celeron CPU 1.73GHz
ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M Series graphics card

If theres anything I'm missing please do tell, I also have a computer but I cant get the specs atm but I remember it has an SIS Mirage Graphics Card, which is crap but I'm sure it should run ok.

Also please tell me positive points and the costs of 1, 3,6 and 12 months on WoW also please give me some ratings out of 5. If I'm convinced I'll get it. BTW Whats the best class for a blood elf?

Thanks
Dusty-09

P.S Rep to helpers

Nemo
12-02-2009, 11:28 PM
any pc can run it really, unless its REALLY old, its not a hard game to play in terms of specs.

Also, it can be time consuming, especially if u raid, if u dont, then i would hardly consider it THAT time consuming if u know how to manage ur game time

Crimson
13-02-2009, 09:50 AM
I remember.... I joined because of my best friend (who played it) moved away to another town and it was a nice way to contact him. I always said,
"You're so addicted, I doubt I'll play more than 2 hours a day."

I went through about a year of non-stop playing.. like a demon child. Now it's a little bit boring for me personally because I have like 9 characters... not one of them yet is at the cap level - and when I log on I swap between them all and can't secure a particular character. But, no doubts, I will most likely get addicted over the holidays again :D

Anyway, like Nemo said... Pretty much any comp will run it well. Yours most certainly will, My comp only has 1gb ram (lol@me).. and I dont know the other specs, I think my graphics card was the latest Nvidia one when I got it (late 2007). And my computer runs it quite well.

Another BIG factor of how 'well' the game runs on your system is your internet connection. I live in a place where my broadband is really rubbish. I don't fully remember how they measure it.. but apparently the highest is like 18 something. Where I live it's like 4.

~

People always question the costs, and think it's a ripoff. But none of them have played WoW. Not even the trial from the website that is free. It is just such a beautiful game - and what I've always said is; what you put in, you get out. All the guilds, the people etc., if you make the effort to make friends, find a great guild, parties for dungeons and what not.. It's even more amazing!

Also, if you're setting up a character with you friend (on his server and his faction) then ask him about a RAF account. He should know what you're talking about. From doing so, he can make a character and level with you. You get 'Friend-To-Friend' summoning between the two of you and best of all, you get x3 amount of XP you get from killing things and questing.

AND TO CONCLUDE.
Never ask what's the best race, what's the best class. It's is ALL on people's own personal views. For example, Nemo might like mages or something.. (:S) but I'm not really a great fan of them. Make any character that, innitiallly, you like the look of and stick with it past 40, then you'll most likely love it. No classes 'loose' out, they are all quite equal in what they can do :)

So yeah, sorry for the essay :P GET WOW! And always post on this part of the forum for help or whatever ;)

Dusty-09
13-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Well, very convincing :) I don't know if I will get it though I'll have to see if I can lol

+rep to replies :)

EDIT: Can't rep Crimson - Remind me later and I'll rep you :)

Swinkid
13-02-2009, 05:08 PM
My pc atm is like

512mb
2.4 GHZ Intel pentium 4
64MB Graphics card

Really crap, and while levling runs quite well, next week im getting a new pc, and soon ill get 80 witch means, RAID TIME :D

But yeh, well worth the money imo

culturist
13-02-2009, 05:40 PM
i have world of warcraft
it will work on your system :)

however, on your computer, it might be a bit crappy on the fps (framerate per second)
meaning the graphics would be low, and you might not get anywhere

on my laptop atm, i have sis mirage graphics card just like ur computer
and its not bad, but its not good either :)

good luck, it can be good fun - reccommended
i don't really play it anymore though

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!